Status: New story. Slow!

Sincerely, Emma

I used to be the perfect daughter of Samantha and Harold Evans.

I had everything I could ever want - we lived in a large mansion that had a mile long driveway, lined with red oak trees. Our three story brick home has five acres of nice, normal, grassy yard, a large patch of which is taken over by my mother’s garden. The rest of our land, all four hundred, ninety-five acres, are woods. We’ve got walking paths, our own little campsites, and all that. Well, they do - I did.

My name is Emma Valerie Evans. I’m nineteen now, and traveling. I don’t know where I’m going yet, all I know is that I had to get as far away from that prison as I possibly could - for a prison was what my ‘home’ had become.

They wanted me married off, to the wealthy son of one of my father’s associates. It didn’t matter which associate - from the time I was seventeen, I was meeting any wealthy business owner’s son who was aged fourteen to twenty-seven. I wasn’t interested, and when they were out, on their own vacation, I took action. I got my bank papers, withdrew my money, and opened another account specifically in my name. I got myself a credit card, which took a short period of time, given who my father was, and then…I left.

In my wake, I left a letter for my parents on the kitchen table - only one of many they would get after I left.

And in all my haste to get away, the thing I probably least expected was to run into one of the sons I was trying to hard to escape from…and, as least-likely things tend to do, that’s exactly what happened.
  1. Leaving Home
    In which Emma leaves home.
  2. Being Alone is Boring...
    In which Emma invites an old acquaintance along.
  3. Settling In
    In which Emma and Ian settle down for a while.
  4. Memories and Feelings
    In which Emma is at home sick and reminisces how she met Ian for the first time and reflects upon her feelings.
  5. A Holiday Dilemma
    In which Emma talks with a friend from her part-time coffee shop job about the dilemma.
  6. Holiday Cards
    In which Emma and Ian write to their parents in Christmas Cards.
  7. Sugar Cookies
    In which Ian decides he wants to bake Christmas cookies, and the fun sort of chaos ensues.