Status: Slowly Active :) thanks for being patient you guys :)

We're Headed for Heartbreak

I Want a Simple Explanation

Sam woke up to the smell of food and a big ass headache. He tried to sit up, only to fall back down, cradling his head in his hands. "Ow, fuck," he whined. "Dude, why did you let me drink so much last night?"

"I wasn't paying attention! Normally, I'm the one getting drunk." Dean laughed from across the room.

"Shit," Sam winced at the volume of Dean's voice. "Can you tone it down a little? My head feels like a jackhammer is throwing a damn party inside my skull."

Dean just chuckled. "Come eat. Greasy food, two aspirin, and a Diet Coke: bonafide cure for a hangover."

"You want me to stand up? Eh, I'll pass," Sam complained.

"Get your giganto ass over here and eat! You can thank me later," Dean smirked. Sam stood up, ignoring the pain as much as he could, and walked over and sat down at the table. He glared at Dean.

"I hate you," Sam muttered as he grabbed the two pain pills and took them before eating whatever heart attack on a plate Dean had gotten him. He finished the Diet Coke and got dressed.

"Feeling any better, Sammy?" Dean asked as he and Sam got in the Impala to head to the local library to research for another case. When the Impala roared to life, Sam winced and threw his hands up to cover his ears.

"Does that answer your question?" Sam retorted, eyes closed tightly and hands still over his ears.

*****************************************

"Finally, some place quiet," Sam sighed as they walked up to the library door. When they walked in, they were greeted by a voice from the front desk.

"Hello, welcome to the Medford Public Library. Can I help--Sam," the voice said, sounding surprised and annoyed at the same time. Sam looked over at the person who had been speaking to him and his brother. He knew the face, but from where, he didn't know.

"Dude, who is that girl talking to me? She looks familiar, but I can't place her," Sam asked Dean while they walked towards the front desk.

"That's the chick that tried to take you home last night, man. How can you not remember her?" Dean whispered right before they got to the girl. With that statement, the events of the previous night all came flooding back to Sam. The girl, the attempted one night stand, the observations of his brother.... What?! That must've been the buzz talking last night. I'm straight. Dean is just Dean. Nothing else. Sam thought to himself.

"Hey, Cheyenne," Sam said, looking confused. "I didn't know you were a librarian."

"Well, I am," she replied, smiling. "I'm assuming this is your brother. Nice to meet you, I'm Cheyenne."

"I'm Dean, but I'm assuming you knew that," Dean replied, giving Cheyenne the "look." The look that says How could Sam turn you down? If you'd asked me, I'd have said yes in a heartbeat.

"Yes, well," she turned her attention to Sam, "I suppose you're here to research that other article you two have to write for your newspaper. The computers are in the back left corner of the library. If you need help with anything, come get me. I'll be right here." She smiled and went back to work without another word to the boys.

While he and his brother headed towards the computers, Sam walked a little behind Dean. He was thinking about the facets of Dean he'd studied the night before. Sam allowed his eyes to roam over his brother's arms. He realized that it wasn't the buzz talking at the bar. Dean's arms were sculpted perfectly. They actually were kinda beautiful. Dean finally spoke once they reached the computers. "Alright, Sammy. You take the East and South US, and I'll handle the rest. Got it?" Dean turned to face his little brother. Sam quickly took a mental photo of Dean's face before he nodded and sat down at the closest computer. He studied Dean's face in his head. His eyes were green today. Who knows what color they'll be tomorrow? Sam thought to himself and he started looking for anything that might hint at a case.

*****************************************

Dean called out to Sam three hours later. "Got somethin'?"

"Nah, dude. All quiet over here. You?" Sam said. He'd actually been thinking about Dean for the past three hours, only doing minimal research.

"Well, lucky for us, I do. Get your ass over here and check this out," Dean ordered. Sam stood up and crossed to where Dean was seated. He felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest when he saw his brother. "San Francicso, California. This man is found dead in his ofiice. On his desk, covered in blood and all scratched up."

"So? People are crazy. Sounds like a normal murder to me," Sam turned around to go back to his computer to do real research when Dean grabbed his wrist. Sam felt pinpricks up and down his arm. What is this? I've never felt this before with Dean. It's....weird. Sam thought as Dean pulled him back around.

"Not so fast there, Skippy. That's what I thought to, but then, I found this. The medical report. I can hack when I feel like it," Dean smiled, praising himself. "Anyways, get this. The dude's heart was missing. He was also covered in bite marks. Now, tell me, does that qualify as a normal murder?" Dean asked, leaning back in the chair and putting his hands behind his head.

"No...it doesn't. Werewolf?" Sam inquired as he scrolled through the rest of the medical report and other articles.

"That's what I'm thinking. You ready to go kill some evil bastard?" Dean grinned. Sam nodded enthusiastically. Anything to get my mind off you. Sam thought in his head. I don't know what this is, but I need to find out. It's just something simple: my hangover, something I ate....It's that simple. Sam tried to boost his thoughts as he and his older brother left the computers, waved good-bye to Cheyenne, and walked out the library. They hopped in the Impala and sped off towards the motel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Sam is getting his first Wincest vibes. Again, big thanks to the ONLY TWO people who comment,
amazing_love34
Break the Silence
That's pretty damn depressing. Only two people are commenting and I have five suscribers. Step up to the plate and leave me a comment, please? I shall love you forever :)
Thank to my good friend Adriana (Break the Silence) for helping me with honing in my writing skills. More of my shameless whoring: if you like Wincests, you absolutely must check out Adriana's Wayward Sons. It's sweet. Oh, Adriana, that little clipping thing I messaged you will most likely be in either the next chapter or the one after that. I kinda had a plan for this one, and I thought that paragraph would fit better in a later chapter.
Comment <3
Subscribe <3

Title Credit: Thunder-Boys Like Girls

I tried to read between the lines
I tried to look in your eyes
I want a simple explanation;
what I'm feeling inside
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out