Status: Completed!

Like we used to

A dream or a nightmare?

I have been having the same recurring dream since the day Freya left.
The same setting, the same plot, the same scene.

I stood in the hallway. The house was dark but not dark enough to overwhelm me. The room door was slightly ajar, as if beckoning me to open it. I would walk towards it. Each step I took in that direction, my heart grew lighter. Then, it struck me. It was the same feeling I felt whenever I saw Freya, whenever I heard her light-hearted laughter, whenever she flashed me her warm smile.

"Could it be," I would think to myself. "Could it be her?"

When I came to the door knob, my fingers would shake as I reached out for it and turned it. I would throw myself into the room, my body aching from being deprived of her touch. To my chargin, I would find myself in an empty room. The windows swung open, lilac curtains dancing in the wind. The bed would be in a mess., pillows all over the place. Yet, I could only direct my attention to a corner of the bed. There was an imprint on the bed, someone had been in the room.

In my mind's eye, I could see Freya sitting on the bed, smoothening the ceases. In her eyes, I saw regret. Then, she packed up her bags and left, leaving the room filled with her touch. I would fall on my knees to the ground. It felt like my heart was hanging from my chest, forgetting how to beat without her presence. I would notice a piece of paper lying on the floor. Picking it up and reading it would be the most heartbreaking thing I had ever done.

Dear Kyle,

I am leaving. We were never meant to be.
You are a good guy but I forgot how it feels to be in love with you.
When the Love is gone, passion will fade with time. I have to leave you now.
I will be honest with you, I fell for someone else.
Sorry for leaving so abruptly.

Take care,
Freya


The tears would fall and I would wake up with a wet pillow.
What would I do without her?

When Freya left, she took a part of me along with her.
How was I supposed to live without her?