Status: Completed!

Like we used to

Realization

When I woke up, my head was throbbing from the pressure. My eyesight was blurred and my forehead felt hot. I instinctively reached to the other side of the bed, waiting for my arms to curl around her warm body.

Then, she would wake up in my arms and notice something was wrong. She would get me up, touch my burning forehead and rub my back. Feeling her presence would already make me feel much better. She would run the bath water while she made breakfast and coffee. We would spend the afternoon getting me to the doctor's and playing video games...
My arms curled around nothingness, just air. All the pain and hurt came rushing back to be. A pang of emptiness settled itself within me. My love was gone, Freya was gone and she was never coming back.

For the first time since she left, I let myself bawl. That girl was my everything. I stayed in bed for an hour, just bawling and yelling myself hoarse. I collapsed in a heap on the bed, exhausted from the crying session. I took heavy breaths, the dull pain in my head refused to go away. I rummaged through the cupboards and got out my thermometer. 38 degrees Celsius. Definitely not a good sign. My girlfriend left me just a week ago and I came down with a fever. I groaned. I would have to get myself to the doctor's.

Using a huge amount of effort, I staggered into the toilet and took a quick shower. The shower helped clear my vision but my head was still hazy. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I dried my hair with a towel while making my way into the hall. I tripped over a few connecting wires and fell flat on my face. I had been up the previous night, gaming. It was my only way of escape besides work. I had forgotten about the wires. If Freya was still around, she would never leave them lying around. She liked everything neat and clean. I sat on the floor, rubbing my tortured head. It hurt.

I made my way through random clothings lying all over the place. I nearly smiled when i finally found the front door. I thought about running over next-door, to Jesse's. I sure needed some concern from my bestfriend right now. I put on my sneakers and left the house, without turning back.

I strolled down the pathway to Jesse's front door. In fact, I almost sauntered. I kept this thought in my head, " Jesse would put everything right. He is my man afterall." If only I knew how wrong I was.