Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Close

My dad was lost with words. He was angry before but I wonder how he felt now. His face was perfectly blank. Probably pondering what the hell just happened. Yea, I'm wondering the same thing too. Did Alex just hug me for two whole minutes??

"Hey Ben." Alex smiled nervously.

"Oh... Alex." He said slowly. "Rachael, can I speak to you in my office?"

I took a nervous gulp. "S-sure dad." I looked back at Alex who was now heading into his room. Not a word was said as I followed my dad into his office. As he shut the door I took a seat on one of the beanbags and stared up at my dad with an eager look.

"First thing's first." He said slowly as he took a seat across from me in a blue bean bag. "I've decided to take full custody over you."

Well that's great. No really not trying to sound sarcastic here but it wasn't like I was EVER going back to my moms. And don't worry it's not because she's a pyschotic wacko... now that's sarcasm.

I smiled at my dad jumping over to him for a hug. "Thanks dad." I almost cried again but I remembered he still had more to tell me.

"I'm glad you're taking that well Rachael." He grinned. It slowly faded as he went on. "Second thing is, I'm not sure it's a good idea to get close to Alex."

I froze.

"Do you hear me Rachael?" He asked carefully.

"Um... Yea, I heard you dad." I replied quietly.

"Alex... Alex isn't boyfriend material." He said.

"I wasn't thinking about him like that dad." I struggled to say it.

His face seemed to relax as I said that. He leaned over and gave me a hug. "Alright then." He pulled away. "Alex is on the verge of getting a large record deal soon. After this year, he may not come back teach at your art school and getting close to him might hurt you... future wise."

Not again. Why is it that every parent has to say things like that? What DO they know about my future? About their kid's future. I was angry but I didn't want to show it to my dad. Not after all he's been doing for me.

"Don't worry dad. We're just friends." I added as I got up to leave.

My dad gave me a questioning look before nodded and following me out the door. "Alright, let's get some dinner then." He smiled.

****

At dinner we had BBQ pork chops. Couldn't complain I'd say it was my favorite. Yum. Alex sat next to me this time and across from us was my dad and possibly my new mom Gina. Though I'd like to call her Gina instead of 'mom'.

"Thanks for dinner Gina, it was really really good :]

"No problem sweety, hey could you and Alex do the dishes, I have to go back to the hospital to pic up pictures." She stepped out of her slippers and grabbed her purse.

"Pictures?" I asked.

"Oh... I didn't want to tell you earlier but I'm... pregnant." She said in a shy voice.

My eyes widened with excitement. I ran over nearly tripping on the rug and gave her a hug. "Congratulations Gina! Oh my god, is it a boy or a girl???"

"We're not sure yet but that's why I'm going over to find out!" She grinned "Come one Ben, let's go!"

My dad stumbled out of the bathroom and quickly headed over to the door. "Alright see ya later kids!" He then rushed after Gina and they were gone.

"Kay, let's get with those dishes." Alex smiled as he walked over to the sink. I followed after him awkwardly and grabbed a towel.

We did them in silence. He washed and I rinsed and dried. It went on like that until we finished. Alex dried his hand with the towel I used and then, he put the towel over my hands and dried them for me. I stared at him in awe before he pulled away placing the towel back on the counter.

"Hey, Rachael?" He asked.

"Hm?" I answered nervously.

"What did your dad say?" His voice was hard.

"He's taking full custody over me and..." I paused. "He said... you were going to quit teaching and get a record deal soon and that I shouldn't get too... close to you."

My breaths became fast as he stepped closer to me with an unexplainable expression on his face. He gently touched my bruised cheek before cupping my face in his hand. My heart began racing, thumping hard enough to hurt my chest as he bent slowly to my face. Closer and closer. I couldn't breath, I couldn't even try to stop him. My hands began to sweat and tremble when his lips finally touched mine and then he backed away.

"Close enough?" He breathed.

"Um..."

WTF??? Holy shit! My art teacher just frickened kissed me!!