Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Romeo and Juliet

"Close..." I muttered.

Alex stood still, his hands resting on my waist. He stepped foward again I backed away slightly.

"Do you... agree with your dad?" He asked.

"Um... well..." Well what could I say? I was pretty confused. Either my dad's right, I shouldn't get close to him, or I already am close to him and it's too late. He stepped closer as I stood there pondering but his hands had let go.

"Don't worry about it. I won't rush you." He said.

Hm?

"Anyway with your dad being so tight about this, I shouldn't be trying to get serious." He sighed.

I looked at him desperately. His eyes seemed to be dissapointed. His body language reeked of rejection. Which I really didn't mean to say it like that it's just... hard to say something with this weird feeling between us. "Um, Alex, it's not that I don't like you..." I said.

"Is it because I'm your teacher?" He asked. "You know, I'm still nineteen."

"I know..." I said. "And it's not your age that bothers me either."

"So it's not my age, and not because I'm your teacher, so is it your dad?" He pried.

"Alittle bit." I muttered.

"Alittle bit?"

"Okay alot, I don't want you to get in trouble and to be honest I don't want to get in trouble either, my dad was serious, he said I shouldn't get close to you." I explained.

He didn't seem to care though. He shrugged. As if it was nothing of his concerns. Well I mean, it should be, but this was Alex, god, he's so careless! "Well what do you think? What do you think would happen if you DID get close to me."

"I don't know, nobody can really predict the future you know." I replied smartly.

"So what makes you think your dad can?"

"He can't." I said slowly, realizing that Alex was right. "But, still, I don't want my dad mad."

"That's alright." He grinned. "We can date secretly."

I quirked my eyebrows. "Secretly? Ugh, like Romeo and Juliet?"

Alex scowled. "Without the tragic ending please." He groaned.

I started to laugh as Alex pretended to put a gun to his head. "Right, right, sorry, sorry!"

He stopped with a grin as we both headed out to the living room. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tomorrow."

"Alright." I said slowly, unsure what my dad would say if I did. "When and where?"

Alex paused as he pondered. The sounds of Jeopordy airing from the TV. He finally got an idea. "Tomorrow, seven o' clock. And as for the where, it's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. "Is this gonna be one of those sappy dates where you take me to a surprisingly beautiful beach, feilds, somewhere special you go to everyday, etc? Cuz if it is, it's not impressing."

"Fine, then don't be impressed." He pouted.

"Don't be a drama king Romeo" I snorted.

"Don't be such a bitch Juliet" He snorted back.