Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Redefine Friend

The lunch room was chattier than usual. Also nosier. Everybody gave me some of their nasty little glances before going back to their lunch. Kristen, Jenine, and the rest of Alex's band sat with me hoping it'd make me feel better.

It didn't do much.

"That's a very large amount of money for a scholarship Rachael." Jenine said in a blank tone.

I rolled my eyes. "I know! I know! It shouldn't ALL be going to me either! What's going on?"

"Did you really... you know with Alex?" Kristen asked in a slight accusing voice.

I glared at her. "You too? God!" I hissed. "We had one little date! Who would spread something so stupid like this?" I growled angrily.

"Well, it's kind of weird isn't it? How everyone seemed to be fine this morning until locker break?" Neil said as he took a bite of his burger.

Dave nodded. "Somebody must've gotten the news out during that time."

"Someone who really dislikes you Rachael" Robin added.

I started to think about it rationally. That was the ONLY time someone could've spread a rumor like that. But how? It's a six minute break and that person got that stupid little lie to everybody in the student body? Good god...

"Yea but that's a short amount of time..." I managed to say through my thick thoughts.

Neil and Dave shrugged. "I'm sure there are ways... but what doesn't make sense is the list on the bulletin board. Your name was on there alright, with the scholarship being granted to you but... Alex swore he never put that up. He picked at least eighteen of this students for that scholarship."

Robin nodded. "I know that's true because I was there helping him."

Jenine sighed as she gulped the last of her milk. "So, then, that means the person who spread the rumor had also put up the bulletin notice."

"And stole the original and probably trashed it." I added.

Dave pondered, running his hand through his sleek brown hair. He turned to Kristen and asked "What do you think?"

Kristen jumped slightly as if she'd been out of it and shrugged as she closed her cell phone. "I-I don't know..." She stammered. "To be honest, I think the rumors are true." She said curtly before standing up. "I mean, they are dating aren't they?" She hissed pointing at me.

Neil and Dave raised the eyebrows as Kristen left to dump her tray.

"I was getting to that too." I said slowly. "We are dating... but we didn't do anything! And Alex never even mentioned those scholarships to me!" I flushed as Neil and Dave started to laugh.

Jenine didn't. "Do you think Kristen means it? Do you guys think she believes that pathetic rumor?"

"Yeah, Kristen's really gullible. Unless the rumor's proven wrong, she'll be cranky for a while." Neil sighed.

"Yea he would know stuff like that about her." Dave snickered.

Robiin started choking on his food trying to keep his laughter in.

"Hey, I dated her because she asked me out. It was NOT a serious relationship." He blushed glaring at his twin.

"Whatever you say Neil" They both busted out laughing.

Ugh. I turned to Jenine who shrugged before she got up and dumped her tray. Robin stopped laughing eventually but the twins got into a full blown arguement now. Fustrated I laid my head down feeling the hard glares from the everyone else. Robin put a hand on my shoulder and softly caressed me. "Don't worry, I'll help you find out who did this."

"Y-yea sure..." I said through a teary eyes.
****
Kristen smiled as she sat in the empty auditorium. Her cell phone swinging between her fingers by a key chain. She flipped it open and began her next text.

To: FW:FW:Fw to all

I just hrd Rachael saying she's planning on beating the shit out of Courtney 2day. Wow,1st the scholarship n now she's g2 beat up poor Courtney who deserved it in the 1st place.

From-Unkown Number