Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Just Get's Worse

I went back to class taking a seat next to Jenine. Kristen now sat with Courtney and I could tell she was comforting her as if Courtney’s been her best friend forever. How could Kristen believe something so stupid? It’s ridiculous. She knows me better, I told her I went on one simple date with Alex and that leads her to believe I cheated my way for a scholarship???

"It’s alright Rachael. Kristen’s just... out of it today." Jenine looked warily between Kristen and me.

I sighed taking out my notebook. Alex was going through alot. I could tell. Teachers and administrators have been harassing him asking him one irritating question all day long. "What the hell is going on here???"

Of course he didn't know what was going on. None of this was his fault anyway. After jotting the last of the notes down Alex finally declared class over. We did have an hour left but I figured he was tired. More than that he was probably miserable and it's probably my fault.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse, I saw Courtney strode over with Kristen and some of the others girls by her side with the same disgusted look on her face since this morning. She leaned over grabbing me by the collar of my t-shirt before I pushed her off of me.

"What the hell??" I snapped, "I told you for the twentieth time I didn't do anything with Alex!!!"

Courtney shook her head with a smirk. "I heard you want to fight me, well go ahead, have a go, I'll knock the sh*it out of you if you ever touch me!" She growled.

"There will be no fights in this classroom!" Alex growled as he jumped from his desk and ran in between us. Kristen flinched,

"Okay I didn't even say that!" I snapped. "Who told you that?"

"Someone reliable." She hissed as she turned to Alex, "unlike you!"

"Sit down!" He barked.

Everyone sat back down. Courtney, Kristen, Jenine, and I were still standing. Alex glared at us. ALL of us. Including me. It scared me how vicious he could get. I was sorely reminded how harsh he really was. Like the orientation night, he was his serious self.

"Have your new boyfriend protect you. Cheat your way to fame." Courtney hissed.

"I can't believe you Rachael." Kristen snarled.

They both sat down shortly before Jenine did. I was the last one standing. "Sit down Ms. Everstein." Alex ordered pointing at my desk.

"Alex, I-"

"Sit. Down." He snarled

And that's when I burst into tears, having my turn in running out of the classroom. Everyone snickered. I could hear clear as rain when I ran through the hallway. Alex was mad. Possibly at me but... I didn't do anything. These rumors are really ruining me and now, the only thing in my mind was finding whoever is doing this and just... knock them senseless. It's only natural to get this pissed isn't it?

I felt to hands grab my arms stopping me dead.

"Rachael... it's okay." Those two arms snaked around my waist pulling me close and I cried into his chest.
****