Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Kiwi Banana Icecream With Lemon Kisses

"I thought you said we were going out for some icecream."

Outside the sky had turned orange, and as Robin drove, the air hitting my face smelled faintly of a salty ocean. Robin turned a corner on the empty street, his gaze focused on the rode but his lips held a smile.

"We are." He replied.

"Then where are we? We pasted Baskin Robin's almost two hours ago." I said trying to contain my nervousness. I mean where are we? I could smell the beach from here, that mean we're at the coast.

"The beach." He replied. "There's a good homemade icecream place I want to show you."

My eyes widen as I stared out to the familiar boardwalk in front of us as Robin parked. The engine slowly died down as he exited and came over to my door and helped me out. My mouth was slighlty agaped as he took me by the hand and walked me over to the wooden walkway.

"We drove... all the way to New Jersey's coastline for some icecream?" I barely made it audible as I was taken away by the ocean view. The beach wasn't crowded becuase of the time of day and year but people were still around enjoying themselves at the boardwalk.

Robin smiled. "Hey, you need to get away from town for alittle while so I decided to take you here." He looked around taking in deep breaths of the salty sea air.

I did the same feeling my nerves calm slowly as I breathed out, "Yea... hold on, I have to tell my dad where I am before he goes ballistic." I took out my cell and speed dialed his number.

"Sleeping... tired, you guys get the drift... bleeeeeeep" My dad's voice droned as the actual phone beeped.

"Hey dad, I'm at the coast with a friend, I'll be home alittle late. Bye."

"With a friend?" Robin chuckled, "You could've said my name, he knows me you know."

"Yea, and then get in trouble? No way." I hissed. "My dad plus older boys equal biiig trouble."

Robin's eyes rose. "Hey, I just turned seventeen. I'm not old."

"What?? Oh my god you're younger than me!" I gasped. "I turn eighteen next week!"

I watched as he kept walking making me hurry along as he pouted. "Don't have to rub it all in my face... lucky." He mumbled.

I sighed as we approached the so-called famous homemade icecream joint. "I didn't mean it like that Robin." I said patting him on the shoulder. "Don't have to get all emo on me."

"Hahaha, emo, that's not the first time I've heard that." He laughed as we took a seat at the booth. Inside, the old fan fluttered on it's rusted edges giving off light buzz like sounds in the shop. Couples sat everywhere, although the shop didn't look at all that appealing. Must be the icecream.

"What flavor hun'?" A tall woman asked. Her face drowned in make up and her hair tied up in the frizz like bun. She leaned in with a sweet smile as she took a pad of paper out.

"Chocolate with cookie dough." Robin ordered after he took a quick glance at the menu above.

"And you sweetheart?"

I stared at the menu to see alooot of flavors scribbled on a black board hanging right below the ceiling of the kitchen. I came across an interesting flavor. Kiwi Banana with lemon shavings. I ordered that and she left with a rush leaving me and Robin alone again.

"That's unusual." Robin grined.

"Well it's something I haven't tried so why not?" I asked him. His eyes stayed on me like a hawk as I spoke.

"Well I'm too scared to order something weird like that." He said. "Not that... it's bad you know." He added quickly. "Do you mind if I taste it when you get it?"

I shrugged teasingly. "Mmmm.... maybe." I laughed.

When our icecreams came I almost gasped at the amount she had given us. It was at least five scoops. Five laaarge scoops. I decided to let Robin taste after all, urging him to eat more after he said it wasn't bad. The cold sweetness melted in my mouth leaving a lemonish aftertaste.

We finished within minutes, leaving the shop with twelve dollars plus a four dollar tip. We took a step outside to see the skies blaring pink and purple. The sun was barely up to light up the beach.

"Robin?" I said as we headed back, this time through the sand.

"Yea?" He replied edging slowly through the sand so his shoes don't swallow any.

I smiled. "Thanks for the icecream. It was really cool."

He stayed silent for a while. A soft cool breeze went by sending me chills. We made our way up a ramp back on the boardwalk as he stopped. "Is that all:?" He asked in an almost pouty voice.

"What do you mean?" I said confused.

"I drove you all the way here and you only thank me for the icecream?" He laughed as we got to the parking lot.

I rolled my eyes. "Sor-ry," I giggled. "Thank you for taking me ALL the way to the beach, buying me icecream, and giving me an awesome hookie day."

"Now that's more like it." Robin smiled.

We drove back home, I droned off sleepily from time to time until we reached my house. Robin stopped at the driveway waking me up gently by the shoulder. "Hey, we're here." He whispered.

My eyes fluttered opened as I yawned stretching in the car. "Hm? Oh..." I muttered tiredly.

"See you tomorrow Rachael." He whispered.

"Thanks Robin, for everything. I don't know... how to repay you." I said in between yawns.

"You can repay me now." He said with a flashy grin.

I looked at him with an eager look. I hate being in debt. If I could repay him now, that'd be great. "How?"

He leaned in to quick for me to stop him landing a quick kiss on my lips. My eyes jolted wide open as he pulled away, his wide grin slowly fading to just a smile. "Now you owe me nothing." He said softly.

Woah, woah, woah... oh my god. Is this cheating on Alex? Were Alex and me really boyfriend and girlfriend anyway? It's not like he said I love you yet. ANd... isn't this wrong? I mean... Gah! I blabbering again!

Before I had any reaction time, the car door opened quickly with Alex behind it.

"Nice to bring her back at this time of night Robin." Alex said in a cold voice. "Her dad's been worried."

Robin stared at Alex and shrugged lightly as I got out of the car. "Whatever." He waved away as he pulled the door shut. With a quick wave good bye he pulled out of the driveway and went home. I turned to Alex who had his back to me.

"It's almost eleven, you should get to bed. It IS a school night." He muttered quickly before heading inside.

...