Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Moving Out

Nobody said a word. Alex, with his cold eyes approached me slowly. I could hear Jenine hyperventilating behind me.
"What is your name?" He asked in a cold voice.
"Rachel." I answered him strongly.
He smirked before turning around. "Well then you are all dismissed. Have a wonderful evening..."
The group finally let out a breath and a blast of noise erupted from their mouths.
Jenine looked absolutely shocked. Her eyes were wild as she pulled me outside the school doors and into the parking lot.
"Oh my god Rachel! Why the hell did you say that??" She flipped. Completely flipped as I began walking home. I could hear her following me with her quick footsteps.
"I don't know Jenine, he just pissed me off that's all." I answered back.
"But he's a teacher!" She explained, "How could you say that to him??"
"Exactly." I said "He's a teacher, how could you fall for him like that?"
Her mouth was open to speak but she couldn't say anything so she shut it back up. We continued to walk down the streets changing the subject to how I'm going to get my mom to say yes. I really wanted to go to that high school. The orientation didn't change anything.
"You know, I hope your mom says yes. I'm really rooting for you." She said in finality as she headed off to her street.
I shrugged and waved as she disappeared into the dark. I headed off to my house thinking only about the school.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And where have you been?" My mom asked as I entered the kitchen. "I've been waiting for you for thirty minutes." Dinner looked cold as I sat at the table with a tired posture.
"I was at my school's orientation mom." I answered her languidly.
"It's not till next week." She quickly replied.
"Westwood's mom."
Her eyes slightly widened. "I told you you're not going to that art school." She said with growing volume.
"And why not?" I asked, my voice raising. "Mom, I'm not interested in medics like you are! In fact I could care less about all that stuff! I love art, it's what I'm good at and I'm going to continue with it through Westwood!"
"No you are not!"
"Yes I am. I already applied and I've already been accepted."
My mom raised her hand again but I managed to slap her before she did to me.
"I'm tired of you always trying to fucking tell me what to do with my life! It's mine, I'll do whatever the hell I want with it so just butt out!"
This time she swung at me hard knocking me to the floor. I was so angry. I stayed on my knees staring down at the floor. I couldn't even look at her. She made me so angry.
"I don't even know sometimes." My mother muttered in a quivering voice. "I never get you at all, you're always so nonconforming. Not at all like how I was."
"Y-you always expect people to be exactly like you." I growled. I could feel my eyes burning with tears as my vision blurred. "That's why Dad left us."
My mom stopped everything as I said that. She stared at me with hardened eyes. I could almost hear her tears welling up inside her.
"He left because of you."
"Go to your room." Was all she could say and that's exactly what I did.
"And if you go to that school, you're never allowed back in this house again."
"Fine." I snapped. I picked myself up quickly before storming into my room. Slamming the door shut I quickly flopped myself on my bed screaming with everything I had into my pillow. I hated her! I hated her! Every time I want to do what I want for my life she always had to say no! I'm tired of it! I'm sick of her trying to live through me!
I pulled out my cell, pushing three, a number I never touched since I was seven years old. A number I tried to avoid.
The dial tone rang and a familiar voice answered it.
"Hello?"
"Dad?" I sniffed.
"Rachel? Sweetheart is that you?" He was surprised of course.
I swallowed hard and said "Can I come live with you and Gina?"
There was a silent pause. I could hear Gina whispering in the background. 'Who is it Ben?' 'It's Rachel'. I waited anxiously for his answer.
"Sure Rachel honey, is there anything wrong? Did something happen?" He was concerned as a parent but I didn't want to talk about it at all. I just wanted to get this over with.
"Nothing Dad, I just... I can't take it anymore. I want come live with you and Gina." I said in almost a pleading voice. "Please dad..."
"Alright then, when do you want to come over?"
"Is tomorrow good?" I asked staring at my duffel bag.
"Sure, I guess, I'll come pick you up at five-"
"Twelve, please." I quickly said.
"Alright sweetie, twelve it is."
"Love you dad."
"Love you too sweetheart."