Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Truth Be Told... Finally!

"Robin, wait, I need to talk to you too." Alex said as he reached for Robin who backed away feircely holding onto me tightly.

I stared at both of them. My eyes felt so heavy from all the crying. Robin looked like murder itself. His fists shaking, I could feel his hand gripping tighter on my shoulder, which was beginning to hurt right now.

"I don't talk to traitors." He snarled.

Alex paused. Robin tried to pull me away but I stayed still. I didn't want to leave. I wanted them to work it out. Talk it out. Being honest to myself, I really wanted Robin to just throw a punch at Alex, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do right now, would it? "Come one Rachael, we don't need to stay for him." He hissed.

Robin glared hard at Alex who seemed to shrink as I gazed at him too. "Alex, whatever you want to say to Robin, say it now, I'm tired and I want to go home." I muttered.

"Robin, I'm sorry." He said quickly.

"Sorry to me? Why? It's Rachael you should be sorry to." He said stiffly.

Alex shuffled on the spot, licking his lips nervously. "I know, and I apologize to her too. I really do, I'm willing to stop." He said. His hands were together in front, fidgeting madly.

"Stop what?" I said quietly.

He paused. Robin stared. I waited. Beyond the crowd I saw Dave peering over to see what was taking Robin so long.

"Everything..." He answered. "I believe you Rachael, I always had, but put yourself in my shoes." He began to start with "I did what I had to do" kind of speech but I had enough of it already. Before Robin even had the chance to say anything I turned around and walked away. Robin followed shortly afterwards and I left Alex that night, hating him and everything that had to do with him.
****
Alex nearly choked as tears welled up at his eyes. He blinked them away. He couldn't stand crying. Ever. It's not like he cried for everyone. His tears only belonged to Kimberly. This would be his first time crying for someone else.

Beside him was Dave who stared at Alex with a puzzling look. "Alright, I know I should hate you but... it's late and I've really missed you man."

Alex had a ghost of a smile. He stood still, staring at Rachael and Robin who dissapeared into the crowd. At least one person was totally pissed off at him. But what did that matter? When he goes home, he'd have to put up with the torture of Rachael since his room was right next to hers. Every night he'd go home pondering at his chair. He'd listen to hear her soft breaths, her cries. Then when everything was silent he'd play a song and hoped she'd hear it.

Why did he do this? He kept asking himself that all the time. His only answer, his only excuse was guilt.

"You don't have to answer Alex, about what just happened but just to let you know, Robin is stealing Rachael away." Dave paused as he plopped alcoholic cherries into his mouth. "I'm not sure if you still love her or not."

I never did, that's the thing Dave, he can't steal something I never had. Alex told himself.

"But I think Rachael misses you alot." Dave paused again this time his hand landed on Alex's shoulder. "Forget the rumors, nows the time to fix up relationships, starting with Rachael and working your way through the band and the school."

Alex didn't nod, he didn't need to. Dave was such an idiot sometimes but he was stupid genius. He knew his stuff. What Dave just said made total sense of course. He turned to Dave shaking his head slightly.

"I dont' know if I can do it Dave." He said slowly. "but I guess I'll try, I mean how else is this going to be fixed?"
****
"Thanks Robin." I smiled as he showed me to the door. "Despite Alex, I really enjoyed tongiht."

"Don't worry about it Rachael." Robin grinned. "Alex's a prick, I'll make sure he never bothers you again."

I felt his hand caressing my cheek as I smiled in returned feeling the warmness of his hands. I felt my heart flutter slighlty as he leaned in to give me another one of his soft kisses. It was sweet of course. His delicious kiwi chapstick rubbing off to my lips.
"See you tomorrow." He said quietly before leaving to his car.

"See ya." I grinned before heading inside.

"Sweetheart, was that Robin I just saw you with." My dad's voice jolted my ears and when I looked up, he didn't look happy at all.
****
"Alex still likes her!" Kristen nearly cried into her cell phone. "How could he?"

Courtney who was on the other line gave a slow sigh. It wasn't that she didn't like Kristen but the constant calls about Alex were a sore in the rear. She set the phone down letting Kristen rant about the evening events. When she was done, Courtney picked up the phone again and gave small. "Yea."

Kristen frowned. "You weren't listening." She hissed into the phone.

"Need I?" Courtney snapped. "I'm tired, it's nearly twelve and I want to go to bed."

Kristen didn't wait another second as she snapped her cell phone shut. Alex approached her from the back. The gates of the fair were at closing time, most of the people were heading out. He spotted Kristen and he was just about to say hi when he heard something that stopped him dead.

"Those rumors weren't enough to keep him away from her." She growled. "Now what do I do... start up another rumor? That's should be fitting considering how the last one-" She fell into silent laughters. "Oh god, she cried like a baby-"

"What did you just say?" Alex asked as he grabbed Kristen by the shoulder.

That's when Kristen knew, her little charade was over. She could do nothing but smile at Alex. "Oh, did you hear that Alex? Wow... I guess I let that one slip." She said casually but her eyes were devious.

Alex couldn't believe what he just heard. Kristen, Rachael's friend did all this to her. He could understand if it had only hurted Alex but Rachael? He thought that she'd never do that. Not that far at least. He knew Kristen had a habit of twisting truths to know end. But this... this was mutiny.

Blind anger rose in his arms as he squeezed Kristen tightly in his grip. "YOU did all THAT to hurt one of your own friends??" He growled feircely shaking her.

Kristen shrugged with a shrill laugh. "I don't have friends last time I checked Alex, remember, I don't need them." She sneered. "I did what I could," she paused her eyes softening slightly. "Because I love you."

"Your sick." Alex screamed as he shoved her away violently.

Her body flew backwards into the steel fence with a "oomph!" but she mangaged to catch herself before she fell.

"What are you going to do to me Alex?" She snickered as she stood up straight. "Hit me?"

Alex considered it for a moment before shaking his head. "No." He replied in a shaky voice. "I'm going home."

Kristen smiled.

"And I'm going to tell Rachael everything."

Her smile faded. She gave one last hateful look at her obsession before running through the gates leaving Alex in his violent fit of anger.