Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

That Good Night Kiss...

"Oh my god..." Neil nearly fell of his seat holding in laughters that were already slipping through his lips. "Jenine... our Jenine... got into a fight??"

I sighed. It's been a day since it all happened. Kristen was suspended from school till further notice. Jenine was suspended for two days. I had two days of detention for involvement? Jeez. "Ugh, Kristen was begging for it..." I sighed. "I'm glad this whole thing's been straightened out."

"I heard Alex slapped her." Robin said quietly.

Dave choked on his milk. "W-what??"

Robin had sat quietly at lunch today. Ever since he heard about Kristen, he's been down. When Alex would pass by us, he'd scoot closer, his arms wrapped around my waist no matter how many times I told him to stop it. It was embarassing and Alex would crack up laughing and then quietly walk away. Alex and Robin weren't friends again just yet. Things were only just beginning in this fixing process.

"Yea... He did." I smiled slowly. "If he hadn't I'm sure the fight would've gone on longer and Jenine would've probably ended up killing Kristen." I chuckled weakly.

Robin smiled softly and nodded. "Wouldn't want a murder case in out hands."

Dave grinned, "You kidding me? With Jenine fighting the way she did it'd be a slaughter!!"

I couldn't help but laugh as Robin and Neil joined in. After tomorrow, Jenine would be back and so will Kristen's permanent punishment.

The bell rang and Robin was the first to stand shortly after I did. Dave and Neil walked together with us to Alex's class and when we got there Alex was of course waiting for us. He smiled as we all entered. Four minutes left till the rest of the class came so this was a good time for Robin and Alex to patch things up. Hopefully...

"Hey guys, I was just finishing grades." Alex smiled as he closed the folder in front of him gently before turning his attention to us. His gaze immediately fell on Robin as Robin did the same. "Hey Robin." He said in a casual voice.

Robin grunted.

"He says hi." I quickly said with a nervous smile grabbing Robin my the elbow. "Say hi." I growled into his ear.

"Hey..." He mumbled.

Neil and Dave grinned. "Well I guess we've got classes to go..." Neil said in a dramatic voice.

"Girl's to see." Dave added as he stepped out hte door.

"Boobs to touch-" Neil stopped when he looked at me and then ran off.

It was oddly silent. Besides the voices of the school outside in the halls Robin and Alex created an atmosphere of tension putting me right in-between them. Alex was willing to be friends again but Robin was touchy. He held his fists firmly in his grip, tightening as Alex stood up and strode over with a cold look.

"Robin, I said I was sorry." He said as calmly as he could. "Give it a rest."

Robin shook his head. He looked at me then to Alex with a feirce look. "Right, and I'm just supposed to forget everything right?"

I groaned. "Robin... I've already forgiven him... just... let it go."

Robin remained silent with the same cold look. Alex kept his distance as he spoke. "I won't hurt her again." He said softly. "I promise, I'll never go back on my word."

"What does that mean?" Robin said slowly.

"I just won't. I won't even get close to her if that's what it takes." He confidently. "I swear it." and as soon as he said that my heart sank when I looked at Robin, he'd already had calmed down by Alex's reassuring words.

"Stay away from her." Robin said in a ginger voice.

Alex gave a crossed look. "As far as I could man, I mean we do live together."

"Hold on," I cut in angrily. "You can't mean to tell me that Alex can never speak to me again do you?" My hands were trembling as Robin gave a defensive look.

Alex seemed amused. "She's got a point."

Robin sighed. "No, I meant, I just don't want you hurt again." he said softly.

"Well." I said trying to keep my voice indoor volume. "I'm going to be fine Mr. Overprotective, Alex can speak to me and I can speak to Alex." I snapped. "We're all going to be friends just like we were before this whole "Kristen" thing happened. Got that?"

The two boys nodded. Alex being agreeable and Robin alittle hesitant.

"Shake hands boys. You guys are officially friends again."

The two shook reluctantly as I gave them hard glares. Then Alex grinned pulling Robin into an unexpected and suprising hug. "Missed you alot." He sighed. "Couldn't do without my special keyboardist."

Robin rolled his eyes. "All this sappyness makes me sick, no wonder people question your sexuality."

I smiled watching the two actually talk. Alex smiled as he walked over to me and gave me a hug, "Thanks to you I got my best friend back."

Robin twitched as Alex let go and I smiled feeling my cheeks flush. "Don't lose him agian because I'm NOT going to find him for you."

"Deal." Both said with a smile.
****
In my room, it was eight at night. My homework nearly finished. I just needed to finish it up with a bibliography and I'd be all done. Next door, I could hear Alex tuning his acoustic guitar and I sighed tapping my pencil against the desk with an unusual thought. It was random but scary. I was dating both Robin and Alex... as if my life wasn't already complicated.

"Done..." I sighed saving my file and printing it out.

With little else to do I made my bed then sat down while the pages finished up printing. Alot's happened and I wished some of it didn't happen at all. I admit, I do kind of regret coming to this school. If I stayed in my old school I would've been with more friends and maybe even had it easier without all those nasty rumors that had spread in Westwood.

When the pages finally finished I walked over to the printer to put the report away when I saw a smudged up assignment written on my hand. "Damn, it's probably important too..."

After spending ten minutes trying to figure out what it was I just gave up. I walked over to the door beside my closet and opened it before knocking on the otherside. "Hey Alex, can I talk to you for a moment?"

The door swung open quickly and there was Alex with his guitar in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. His eyes were tired and his hair was a mess but he was still cute. I had to blush at that.

"Hey, sup?" He said in a slightly worn out voice. "Need anything?" His voice was eager.

I held up my hand. "I forgot the assignment you gave us today." I said showing him the blurred writing. "Can you tell me what it was?"

Alex squinted hard for a little while before shrugging. "Nope. Can't remember." He finally said.

I gave him a crossed look. "What do you mean you can't remember? You're the teacher!"

Alex shrugged again. "I'm also nineteen." He grinned. "I've been working on a new song, wanna hear?"

One look at Alex's tired figure and I knew he was too tired and I knew I had to finish my homework. "Maybe next time..." I said

"No, I just finished it, I'm not that tired." He insisted as he pulled me into his room.

I couldn't say anything as I found a seat on the bed. Alex sat across from me on a worn out stool and set his guitar up beside him. He winked signaling one two three. and then he began to play.

"She smiled in a big way
The way a girl like that smiles
When the world is hers And she held your eyes
Out in the breezeway down by the shore
In the lazy summer

And she pulled you in
And she bit your lip
And she made you hers
She looked deep into you as you lay together
Quiet in the grasp of dusk and summer

But youve already lost
But youve already lost
But youve already lost
When you only had barely enough to hang on

And she combed your hair
And she kissed your teeth
And she made you better than you'd ever been before
And she told you bad things you wished you could change
In the lazy summer

And she told you laughing down to her core

So she would not cry
And she lay in your lap as she said
Nobody here can live forever
Quiet in the grasp of dusk and summer

But youve already lost
But youve already lost
But youve already lost
When you only had barely enough to hang on

She said No one is alone the way you are alone
And you held her looser than you would’ve if you ever couldve known
Some things tie your life together
With slender threads of things to treasure
Days like that should last and last and last

But youve already lost
But youve already lost
But youve already lost
When you only have barely enough of her to hang on
Hang on
Hang on
Hang on"

"Bravo." I grinned as he set the guitar back down. He staggered from his seat with a wide smile as he took a seat beside me. "Great huh..."

"It was beautiful as usual." I said softly feeling my heart thump wild as he leaned his head on my shoulder. His eyes drooping from the lack of sleep. "I'm glad..." He yawned.

"Alright... I'm going to go back into my room okay?"

Alex nodded lifting his head up and looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes. He slowly leaned into me. His face gradually getting closer and closer to mine. Frozen with a sudden fear as his warm lips touched mine. His hand gently glided against my cheek, caressing it softly as he deepened the kiss. I didn't even noticed that I kissed him back until he leaned harder into me and thats when yanked myself away looking at him in shock.

Alex only smiled back innocently. "Good night Rachael."

I stood up quickly retreating to my room and closing the door. I walked over to my bed, not even bothering to finish up my homework as I laid face down my pillow.

Oh my god...