Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Roommate Crisis

My mom was speechless as I stepped into my dad's blue Mercedes. A duffel back in one hand and a huge trash bag in the other. My dad was smiling, he seemed pretty happy I was moving in on the other hand my mom looked like shit.

The whole time we were getting my stuff in the car I couldn't help but feel guilty about what I said to her last night. How could I not? I was leaving her all alone in this big white house and going off with my dad in another street. She didn't say anything nor would she come out of the house to even look at me.

Which was fine to me. I didn't want to see her either. I just wanted to get the hell out.

"Alright, that's the last of it." My dad smiled loosely. He was still unsure about my decision but I'm not going back on my word. "You sure you wanna do this?"

I nodded confidently as he closed the car door. Then we drove off.

****

"Rachel?? Is that you girl?" Gina nearly slipped on the hardwood floor trying to give me a proper welcome hug. I could feel her warm arms tightly wrapping around my with her choking cookie scent. I nearly gagged from the lack of air.

"Hey Gina..." I groaned as she let go of me.

A smile gleamed on her face as she headed back into the kitchen to bring back a fresh batch of her homemade chocolate chip cookies. She handed one to me and I gladly took a bite.

The gooey warm chocolate began to melt in my mouth following a sweet after taste that sent me off my heals. Theses were pretty damn good!

"When you called last night saying you wanted to move in I thought I died and went to heaven!" She said excitedly giving me another big hug. "I'm so glad you came."

It was sincere of course. Anyone would feel bad after taking away a child's father and practically destroying their family. I don't know why but I never hated Gina. Gina was a lot nicer than my mom, and I can see why dad loves her. She's the kind of person you can always feel happy around.

"Rachel would you like to see your room?"

I smiled as I picked up my things. "Sure dad."

****
"So you moved in to your dad's place???" Jenine gasped.

"Yea pretty much." I sighed hearing Jenine bicker on and on about how excited she was to see me at

"That means you only live two minutes away now! I can so come over anytime I want!" She sounded excited as I heard her jumping happily in her room.

"Ha ha that is, if my dad allows it." I laughed as she went quiet.

"Oh yea ha ha, well I can't wait to see you at Westwood tomorrow" Jenine sighed "And Alex LaVaue"

"Oh get a life! He's a freaking jackass!" I growled picturing his beautiful face crumpled up on the floor.

"Language!" Gina shouted through my door.

"Pardon my French!" I replied back.

"Well, still, I don't care, maybe under all that sexy coldness is that soft sweetness deep inside." Jenine sighed.

"Okay, how deep are we talking?" I said sarcastically. "Honestly, you make it sound like he's from a shoujo manga."

"What's that?" Jenine asked stupidly.

"Exactly." I snapped. "So just forget about him." With that I hung up the phone and stepped out of my room passing the kitchen to the door.

Gina stepped out of the kitchen with a silver plate. "You going out hon?" She asked.

"Yea, just going to take a small walk around." I said quickly as I headed out.

****

"Hey you know that guy you're staying with Alex?" Martin asked as he set the coffee down at their table.

School was starting tomorrow and all he could think about was that emo girl's comment.

Has anyone told you that you look like someone bit you in the ass?

He shook his head as he took a sip of his coffee. "You mean Ben and Gina?"

"Yea, that retired legend. Wasn't he in that band All For The Jury?" Martin smiled thinking about the mere thought of speaking to him.

"Yea..." Alex answered slowly not following Martin at all, but then again who could ever?

"I heard his daughter is moving in with him today, you should so check her out and tell me if she's a babe or not." Martin grinned with excitement in his eyes. He could already see himself out on a date with Ben's daughter.

Alex looked at him in disgust. "You're kidding me right?"

"Why the hell not?" Martin was taken aback.

"Whatever man, I'm heading home." Alex shuffled out his seat and began heading out with his black coat on. Martin stood up too shouting

"Just consider it! I mean, I haven't had a date in two years man!"

Damn Martin, always talking shit.

****

It was getting late. And pretty damn cold. I turned on my heels to head back. I must've walked two miles because I had no damn clue where I was.

With much effort I managed to retrace my steps to my dad's front lawn. I stood in the road staring at my new home. It was eight o' clock in the evening. No doubt my dad and Gina already ate. They're probably wondering where I am.

A loud horn blared into my eardrums as I stumbled to my knees. I turned around to see a black convertible behind me with it's horn sounding off again.

"I get it! Could you fucking stop!" I shrieked through the noise, I mean what the hell is his problem! He could've just rolled down the window and told me to get off the damn road!

"You shouldn't be on the road hooker! Next town's in four miles, if you wanted a ride you should get some prettier legs!" he shouted from his window.

What the fuck? Did he just call me a hooker? "Excuse me?? Hooker?? Alright you stupid jackass get out of the car so I can beat the shit out of you!" Thank god for my gogo boots. I'm kicking this right under.

He paused before stepping out of his car. He was out of the headlight's glare and then when his eyes adjusted he nearly staggered off balanced. I did the same when I saw the familiar cold eyes.

"You!" We yelled in unison, "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"What am I doing here! I live here! ... What the hell??" We both screamed. My eyes locked with his and then I quickly glanced at the mailbox. It said Ben Everstein. This was definitely my house. I don't know what he's on but he needs to hit the road and go home.

"Go back home, stalkers aren't welcomed." He hissed.

"No, because it says Ben Everstein and that's MY dad. So I live here."

"Wait... You're Ben Everstein's daughter?" He nearly gagged. His face flushed then soon lost all it's color. I stared at him intently with my sharp eyes giving him a nod.

"What's it to you?" I growled.

"Holy shit."