Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Good Bye ((Epilogue))

Well it seems like things are only getting better
Well it seems like we can never catch a break
Just keep a hold on me and don't let go
If you float away if you float away
Waiting too long for a ship to come
Don't you float away, don't you float away

-The Starting Line "Island"
****
"You all packed up Alexander?" My dad said as he entered his room.

Alex nodded as he zipped up the last of his duffle bags. My dad sat beside him and me with his hands resting on our shoulders. I looked at the floor wiggling my toes against the hard wood floors. "Hey guys, is everything okay?" He asked with a look of concern.

I shrugged. Alots happened. Summer's begun and well, Alex is leaving. Going off to become something more than just a local garage band. More than just a art teacher at my school. He want's to become record material. Though he lost his keyboardist, Neil said he'd take over the keyboards and play the drum from it.

Robin already left, he's working on his first debut single.

"It's alright Ben, we're gonna be fine." Alex said confidently as he smiled for reassurance.

"Rachael?" He asked unsure if he should believe us.

My dad found out everything last week from Neil. I thought he was going to be angry about me and Alex or me and Robin. Whatever. It's not like it matters anymore, they're both leaving me. "I'm fine dad." I said in a soft voice with a smaller smile than Alex.

My dad sighed getting up. "Alright then, Alex? Your plane comes at eight tonight."

Alex nodded. "Thanks Ben, I'll keep in touch."

My dad nodded with a small grin before he walked out.

"Alex... I'm going to miss you." I said in a struggled voice. A lump in my throat came as I tried to stop myself from crying.

Alex scooted closer on the bed and held me in his arms. "I know... I know..." He said in a hushed kind of voice. "I wish you were part of the band but..." He sighed. "I guess it's inevitable."

I leaned my head against his shoulder so my eyes were covered. I hated to cry but I could already feel the tears escaping my lids. "Has... has Robin.... talked you recently?"

There was a silence. Alex slightly jerked when I said his name. His mouth didn't open at all as if the word was a stab that took his breath away. Finally, after minutes went by he shook his head. "No... he didn't."

"Oh..." I mumbled as he let go of me.

I thought he was angry that I brought it up but I did miss Robin. It hurt to hear him... say he'd leave the band. I didn't know how much it'd hurt me. I guess I liked him alot. He was... like an older brother to me.

"Hey Rachael?" Alex said as he stood up. "I know... this is something that takes time and everything but... would you like to date me? For real?"

I nearly gagged. My eyes widened with leftover tears spilling over as I jerked me head up to face Alex with a shocked expression. Did he just say that? Or was I dreaming?

"Well you don't have to look at me like that." Alex chuckled nervously. "Well, I understand if you dont want to..."

I swallowed hard. "I do..." I said in a quiet voice. "I mean, yes. I'd... love... to..."

Alex turned with his feet slightly planted to the ground as if he was frozen with shock. He cleared his throat as he pulled something out of his pocket. A plack box. Oh dear god, please tell me that isn't a engagement ring... is it?? Is it?? Oh my god. Oh my god, now does this rush things or what??

"I got you something." He said in a hesitant voice.

Oh my god. Oh my god.

"I'd like you to accept it."

I watched him with sweat slightly beading under my bangs as he pulled out... a bracelet? Jesus...

"Wow..." I managed to mutter.

"Here." He gently grabbed my wrist and placed the bracelet securely on it. "It's a charm bracelet with music notes and hearts. I'd thought it'd kind of remind you of me while I'm gone."

I nearly squealed myself but I kept self control as I threw my arms around Alex tightly. "Thanks Alex." I gave him a kiss on the lips and broke away.

Alex smiled leaning in to kiss me back. Behind me I could feel my dad lurking behind the ajar door but then he must've walked away because the door softly came to a close just like everything else that finally came to an end.