Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

He Thinks I'm Cute???

"Okay spill it." Jenine demanded. "What was all that pushing you against the wall thing with Alex?"

We turned on my street, my house only a block away, I shrugged though out the whole conversation because it all led up to what me and Alex were doing in class. Just hearing Jenine's guesses on what happened made me all giddy inside. If her suspicions are this vicious I don't even want to think about what the rest of my classmates were thinking.

"It's none of your buisness anyway Jenine." I sighed walking quicker to get to my house.

"Bullshit. You just don't want to admit you were getting some from Alex." I nearly gagged at that as I paused to give her an appalling look. "Admit it, you want him bad." A smirk forming on her thin lips.

I gawked in shock as she continued to wait for my answer. Was she shitting me? God, what is wrong with this girl? Alex is okay and all but he's a teacher! It's like... isn't it against the rules?

When I stared at her, I saw a slight crinkle of her nose, jealousy writing all over her face. "Whatever you're on, stop doing it." I simply replied. "Really, NOTHING happened."

"So pushing you up against a wall is nothing to you? So what's rape?" She muttered.

"I mean it Jenine! Shut the fuck up already!" I snapped.

"Alright, alright. I'll stop." She smiled as I approached my house.

"So can I stay over?" She asked excitedly as she followed me up to my doorsteps.

I was about to say yes until I remembered the waste of space occupying the room next to me. If Jenine found out about Alex and my house, I don't think I could handle the result.

"Um... maybe not tonight you know?" I answered quickly.

Jenine rolled her eyes running up to my doorsteps. "Come on! Your dad said it's alright as long as we don't bother your roommate."

I raised an eyebrow. "When did he say that?"

Jenine winked as she patted her bulging pocket. "I called him during our locker break, he said he'd love to have me over."

God dammit dad!

With a long, long, long sigh I forced myself to open the door and gesture her in. "Fine." I muttered regrettably.

Jenine ran inside quickly without so much as a thank you as I followed. "Your welcome."

"Thank you Rachael!!!" She nearly cried as she came back running to hug me. "You're my bestest best friend ever!"

"Thanks. I guess." I shrugged as she let go.

With awe and amazement we both began to explore the house. I showed her around the different bedrooms and stuff. She seemed to be overly excited about my dad's roommate which I told her I'd get to that when we got to his room. When we did, this was the part that I wanted to just run away and hide.

"Alright, so whats this you wanna tell me about your dad's roommate?" She asked in a slightly impatient tone.

Taking a deep breath I tapped the door and quickly said it. "AlexLaVaueismyfather'sroommate."

Her eyes widened and froze. "W-what? Are you shitting me??"

"What do you think?" I snapped, "Why would I lie about this??" I opened the door fiercely to show his room and Jenine gleamed with excitement as she quickly entered it, but before I could call her out a familiar low voice came from beside me nearly blowing me off my feet.

"What the fuck are you doing with my room?"

Everyone froze in place. Jenine was in the middle of going through his CD's when he came in and snatched it out of her hands. His expression was blank as Jenine walked out quickly behind me. Alex was staring at me with cold eyes.

"Okay you don't have to be THAT rude." I growled as I shooed Jenine to the kitchen. She left quickly, probably because she was scare shitless.

He rolled his eyes as he closed the door behind him. "How would you like it if I brought a friend and he went through your stuff?"

"Okay I get it." I said. "But really, she didn't know better and she was barely in there for ten seconds."

I could hear the front door opening and my dad yawning as he greeted Rachael. Before I got to turn around Alex yanked me into my room closing the door silently behind him. Again my heart was racing as he approached me.

"Look about today in class-" He said

"No. I don't want to hear it." I snapped.

We both gave each other long stares.

"Fine then don't." He said in a lazy voice. "I don't really care anymore."

For some odd reason that seemed to tick me off. As he started to step away I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and yanked him back.

"Bitch you better let go!" He growled furiously as he turned to face me. I simply glared right into his eyes. "Apologize to me." I snapped.

"I'm sorry you're a bitch." He quickly said before heading out the door.

UGH!

****

Dinner was over by the time I got Jenine to leave my damn house. She wanted to spend the night but I had to remind her tomorrow was a Tuesday and tonight was a school night. She left with with regret as she said goodbye and sorry to Alex.

Alex, who seemed amused as he said goodbye to her with a small hug making her swoon as I closed the door. I turned to face Alex as my dad helped cleaning up with Gina.

"What? You want one too?" He smirked.

"No, I was more curious about what you were trying to tell me earlier." I said slowly.

Alex stared at me momentarily. Without hesitation he grabbed my wrist and dragged me down the hallway and into his room. There he shut the door and I stood, confused and scared as he turned to face. Alone together with Alex and the only thing I could think about was how pretty his hair was under the dim fluorescent lights.

"It's true. My parents did kick me out of the house." He said softly.

That was sudden.

"But I'm not gay! My parents kicked me out because... because I quit my high school and joined Westwood. They didn't support my music and arts at all and so, I moved in with my uncle's best friend. They used to play together in a band and that best friend happened to be your dad."

Woah.

"So... take it easy with Kristen's bullshit okay?" He sounded demanding at the last part. I stood in shock. I didn't really know Alex well enough to tell if he was lying or not. Same goes for Kristen. I couldn't really say "I believe you" but I couldn't really say "You're lying" either.

"Alright, suppose you're not gay." I said with a half devious smile on my face. "Prove it."

I don't even know what I was thinking. I hated this guy. Really did. He's rude, inconsiderate, self centered, and so arrogant but, when I looked at him now, he just seemed normal for a moment and my heart won't stop fucking beating in my chest.

Alex frowned slightly. "How can you still not believe me?"

"How can I believe you?" I asked back. "You're not exactly Mr. Nice Guy."

"But I haven't exactly lied either."

Right.

"I suppose." I said sounding unsure. "Not that it matters to me but how do I really know you're telling the truth-"

"Trust me, if I was gay," He smiled as he led me out. I stared at him. "I wouldn't even consider thinking how cute you are."

Say what?