Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Memorial At T.S.P.

"Ugh... I was sooo hungry..." Jenine pressed the large steak and cheese sub into her mouth chewing quickly and swallowed.

Today, Alex didn't come in at all. Instead we had a substitute. Ms. Baker. She was in sixties and a retired actress. Not that I cared that Alex was gone. Psh. That jackass.

"I wonder where Alex is..." Kristen sighed.

Jenine smiled alittle turning to me for an answer. "Hey Rachael do you know where he is? I mean he does live with you."

Why does she say stuff so easily? I could already see Kristen's eyes widen with shock and surprise as she gave both me and Jenine gaping stares. "Whaaat??? Are you serious???"

My life is an open book.

"Yes, yes he lives with me." I sighed. When does it ever end?

"Wow, and I mean WOW. Ben Everstein is your dad... but isn't your last name-" Kristen stopped as Jenine finished. "Her mom made her get rid of it when her parents got a divorce."

Kristen paused as she let it all sink and and then nodded. She put a hand on mine and smiled comfortingly. "Sorry."

I shrugged. It was what? Nine years ago? I was fine I guess I mean I did get over it. My mom and dad never did get along at all. They stayed as long as they did because of me. Fought alot but they did try their best to stay together. After my dad found Gina, my mom couldn't take anymore and she threw him out. Then, just like that my dad was out of my life.

"Psh it's alright." I took a long sip on my fruit juice.

"So is he sick or something?" She asked.

"No, I haven't seen him at all this morning..." I admitted.

Beside us were a couple of guys. Two twins and a blonde. They all sat together and apparently they were talking about a get together gig. Kristen and Jenine were slowly drawn to their conversation when they heard about a music show down at "The Summer Place" or "TSP" whatever. It was a local club for bands and people who just wanted to hang out.

"Seven?" Kristen seemed excited.

"Yea, today's an anniversary of one of our band members, she died two years ago from this day." The blonde one grinned. "She used to be a vocalist along with another one of our band members. They were a duet."

Jenine had already said yes in her mind when she nodded. She turned to me with excitement in her eyes. "Sounds fun, you're coming with us riiiight Rachael?"

It's not like I have a choice, Jenine was going to make me go whether I said yes or not so I nodded tiredly as she turned to the guys. "Yea we're coming!"

****

"Hey dad I was wondering if you could take me to TSP tonight, they're having a show as a memorial for some girl." I said as he walked in.

"Oh yea? Hey, Alex went there this morning you know, if you see him there tell him I've got his papers." Dad grinned. "I'll take you over so when does it start?"

"Twenty minutes." I replied.

"Then we better start going." He quickly stood up and grabbed his coat. "You should grab a jacket yourself I heard it's going to be cold."

Oh yea, it's October, fall is coming.

****

"Rachael! You made it!" She smiled.

Jenine wore a white hollister jacket with a mini skirt and some grey boots. Kristen was standing next to her with an eager grin. She wore a dark brunette long sleeve and some jeans.

I sighed stepping out wearing whatever I was wearing to school. I mean it's not something I should dress up for. It's just a show.

"Let's get inside it's freezing out here!" Jenine shivered as she grabbed both me and Kristen into the club. I waved a quick goodbye before entering. Inside I felt the warm breeze. The place was dark with neon light flashing from the ceiling down. I saw alot of the kids from my school here. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. Some at the bar and other's at the stage area. We all headed over to the bar grabbing a soda before walking to the stage.

"Two minutes left! This is so cool!" Kristen squealed as she turned to see the band getting set up.

Jenine stared at one of the twins and sighed. I could already see her eyes clouded with day dreamish thoughts. They all finished up setting their equipment up and as I looked around I noticed that Alex wasn't there at all. Before I could do anything the same blonde guy was up at the mic with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey guys! Robin Nellers here, I know it's cold tonight but is everyone having fun??"

The crowd screamed yes, Kristen and Jenine gave a scream while I leaned against the stage edge on my elbows staring at the piano set.

"Cool beans!" he laughed as he directed the stage light to his band. One of the twins held a bass guitar while the other one at the drum set. "Tonight were here for Kimberly Olson's memorial, lets all have a moment of silence before we begin this show."

Everyone must've known Kimberly because they all fell quiet with somber looks of loss. Kristen, Jenine and I did the same for whoever this girl was. Then Robin spoke again.

"Alright lets get this started!" With that he retreated from the mic and to his keyboard and out of the curtains stepped out Alex LaVaue.

"Holy shit! Rachael! It's Alex! He's stepping up to the mic!" Jenine gasped.

Kristen's eyes were only glistening with admiration as she watched him take the mic.

"This is for Kimberly..."

Alex is the other vocalist?