Status: Completed; There's a sequel if you're interested ...

Death Is Unpredictable

Chapter Eight: Thunders

A week had passed, and not much had happened. That is, until Nina had a vision. Ash stiffened beside Nina, as her eyes went unfocused. I had learned, in my short time here, that Ash and Nina were best friends. Even before they died. Dylan was still here, staying with me and my puppies and kittens who shall share an eternity with me.

“They’re coming!!”, Nina yells suddenly, standing up.

“Who?”, Kevin asks calmly, staring at her with an indifferent expression.

Them. The Thunders.”

Everyone stiffened, other than me and Dylan. I stared indifferently, rolling my eyes. Joy, more people I’ve never heard of, I think sarcastically. I had been really moody lately, it was really odd. Dylan, though, didn’t quite care. He was just happy that nobody was threatening to kill him.

“What’s the big deal?”, Dylan asks, shrugging as he scoffs down his steak.

“The Thunders are a group that we can’t tell you about. And that we have to hide Melody from.”, Ash says, rolling his eyes. “Quoted by Kevin.”

And Kevin glares, nothing new. Everyone glared at Ash after he reads their minds. Well, I didn’t quite mind. Sometimes it was handy. Most of the time, actually. Seeing as how I was so moody, it was nice to have someone who really understood what you were saying or doing.

“I wish you wouldn’t do that.”, Kevin grumbles.

“Hey! It’s not like he can turn it off or whatever! Cut the dude some slack!!”, I yell, glaring.

“Dismiss it,” Ash sighs, staring at the table. Kevin glares back at me, and we begin, our now hourly, glaring contest. “Guys! Seriously! They’ll be here any minute now! I can already hear Beatrix!”

“Oh, no!”, Nina says, rubbing her temples. “Colby’s sending me images! Ugh!”, Nina groans, banging her head on the table. “Colby!!! I’m gonna frickin’ murder you!!!”

“Okay, Colby’s psychic, Beatrix is a mind-reader. Joshua is their leader.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“How do you know?”, Kevin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Because he just told me. See!”, I say, pointing across the cloud, where we're met with another.

“Hello, Kevin,” Joshua says, smiling slowly. “And you must be the legendary Melody.”, he says, looking at me.

“And you must be Joshua. Leader of Thunder. Also known as the Dark Riddles to the rest of these yahoos.”, I say dismissively. “And you’re Kevin’s brother.”

I stand up indifferently, glancing at Dylan, who quickly stood up to follow me.

“Ho, ho! A human!”, Joshua cries, staring at Dylan. Timber comes running toward me and Dylan, baring his teeth and snarling.

“Meet my eternal best friends. Timber, Thunder, Wood.”, I say, smirking as the other two come running as well. “They don’t take too kindly with unfamiliar faces.”

“Ah, ha ha, nice dogs.”

“Sit,” and they sat immediately. “Lets get one thing straight, Josh. I’m not a prize. I go where I please, and don’t let anyone tell me otherwise. Would he —,” point to Dylan, “be here if I followed the rules? I may have just died. But I wasn’t born yesterday.”

And I just stood there, glaring at him as if to question his authority.

“I, personally, have never been happier to have you around since you got here.”, Kevin says, smirking.

“Yeah, yeah. Call the witch and you’ll be happier. Here’s her number by the way,” I say, handing him the card.

“Thank you, psychic niece!”, Kevin says, looking down at the ground.

“You’re related to a frickin’ witch?”, Josh sneers, as everyone in the ‘Thunder’ snickers. I snap my fingers, and Thunder, Timber, and Wood all stand and snarl in unison. They all take a step back, and Nina skips over to me.

“Could you get those dogs of yours to sick Colby?”

“Hmm, nah, too busy.”

“Doing what?”, Dylan asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Ticking off Joe,” I say, smirking as he oddly turns beat-red.

“It’s Joshua.”

“Think I care?”

“You frickin’ should,” he growls, towering over me. I glare up at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Get ‘im,” I say absentmindedly, stepping back as Timber tackles Josh. I smirk, snapping my fingers.

“I have never loved Timber more! Come here, you big husky!”, Kevin says, smiling as he opens his arms.

“Kevin, are you sick?!”, Eric says, staring at him oddly.

“No! I’m gonna go call Alison now … maybe we’ll see that ‘Angel on Earth’ again, too.”, Kevin says, smirking.

“Oooh! Sophie!”, Roxana says, smiling. “Call her quick!”

“Can do,” Kevin says, tipping an imaginary hat. He disappears, soon reappearing in a split second.

“Wow,” Dylan says, jumping.

“Man, you’re slow, Dyl.”, I say, smirking.

“Oh, yeah? Wanna bet with a game of soccer?”

“You’re on!”, I cheer, running into the cottage and grabbing the soccer ball, soon returning with a cocky smirk. “I’m gonna cream you! I’ve got nothing holding me back now!”

And we’re at it, passing the ball back and forth, trying to see who can miss.

“Goal!”, I cheer, flinging my arms in the air.

“Another round?”

“Oh, yeah!!”

And it went like that for an hour. Until, one of the ‘Thunder’ members came and stole the ball. I glared at her, her strawberry blonde hair curly, her red eyes mocking.

“That’s a lame game,” she says.

“Says who?”

“Says Joan,” she says, smirking to show her teeth. I use all the speed I had gained from dying, grabbing the ball straight out of her hands.

“I say, it’s the best game on the planet. Don’t hate the game, just ‘cause you can’t play.”, I say, smirking. “And trust me, I can tell you don’t do sports.”

And we have our own glaring contest.

“Colby!!”, I hear Nina growl, pulling me out of my glaring contest. I quickly hold her back, soon focusing on the one smirking, his dirty blonde hair in the way of eyes the color of bloodstone, dark green with bright red specks.

Melodia, Mélodie, Malambing na tugtugin, Melodie, Melodía, Melodi,” I murmur, staring straight at him.

“Ugh!”, he yells, gripping his head.

“That’s what you get when you mess with my friends.”, I say, smirking at him as he fell to his knees.

“Just … stop …”, he grunts.

I shake my head, chuckling. “Why? I’m enjoying myself.”

He glares at me, and I smirk. “Psychic abilities are a gift. And can easily be taken, from what Alison has told us.”

And his eyes went wide, as he stared at me. “Yeah, I’m friends with a witch. Got a problem with it?”, I say, glaring. He shakes his head quickly, and I could tell he’d had enough. “Melodi, Melodía, Melodie, Malambing na tugtugin, Mélodie, Melodia,” I murmur, smirking. He stands up, continuing to glare at me. “I can always bring the pain back, Colby.”

“Interesting …”, Josh says, staring at me with interest. I roll my eyes, letting go of Nina, as she had calmed down. “You’re already more powerful than I would’ve guessed.”

“Yeah? Go get lost.”

“Not unless I can take you with me.”

“No way! Not in this afterlife!”

“Then I’m staying here.”

“On second thought, I have a better idea!”, I say, smirking. I jump straight through the cloud, watching Alison’s eyebrow raise as I grab her hand and fly back up.

“You’re blowing your frickin’ cover. People can see, you know?”, Alison says, stepping away from me as I let go. “Josh,” she says, nodding toward him.

“Dang it! He was in that frickin’ vision of yours?!”, Kevin says, frowning.

“And much more a prophet shall not tell.”, Alison says sarcastically, walking over to the food and stuffing her face. “What? I’m frickin’ hungry!”

“Eat all yah want.”

“How does she frickin’ know my name?!!”, Josh yells, staring at Alison oddly.

“Ron mot may poll flee, mine a flinch.”, Alison says through a mouth full of food. She glances at Ash, who rolls his eyes.

“She meant, ‘From what they told me, I’m a witch.’”, Ash says, rolling his eyes. Alison nods in confirmation, gulping down the food in her mouth before stuffing her mouth full again.

“You’re gonna choke, Alison.”, Kevin says disapprovingly. Alison rolls her eyes, shaking her head. A choking sound comes from her, as she spits her food on the plate. Kevin hovers over her, as Ash and Nina rolls their eyes. Alison spits out the last of her food, falling out her chair, laughing.

“Oh, Kevin! You have so much to learn about the modern day!”, Alison laughs.

“Hey, I like the witch.”, Josh says, smirking.

“Yeah, sure yah do Mr. —,” Alison stops suddenly, staring at them. “What, are you all glued to each other?”, Alison says sarcastically, rolling her eyes. “’Cause if your not, I’m sure I could rummage up a spell to really glue you.”

They all take a step away, staring at her with wide eyes. “Ah, how I love my niece.”

“Ah, how you’re not an authority to me. You’ve gained no respect personally from me.”

“Yeah, yeah. Eat your food and I’ll frickin’ take you to Rome.”

“You’re lying.”

“And I thought we got rid of her a week ago.”, I grumble, sitting down.

“Just take a nap. And when you wake up, I’ll be happily in Rome. Also grant me the blessing of speaking Italian.”, Alison says, smiling sarcastically.

“Melody!! Frickin’ stay awake!!!”, Kevin yells in my ear.

“Hey! That’s no way to treat a lady!”, Josh says, glaring. Alison snorts, rolling her eyes. “You got something to say, witch?”

“If I’m anything, I’m a protector. And right now, I don’t quite like what I’m sensing from you.”, Alison says, glaring at him. “And I know how this story ends. I know why you’re here. And what happens next.”

And she walks away. It was funny how she always managed to leave her words hanging in the air, making everyone think over and over again about what she had meant. It sometimes even made you question reality, and the people around you that you thought that you once knew. But I didn’t concentrate on that long. My headache was coming back, and I was beyond tired.

“Lily, Hazel, Lightning, Timber, Thunder, Wood. Watch and protect,” I murmur, feeling myself drifting to a peaceful sleep.

♠ ♣ ♠

“Wake up! C’mon, Melody, wake up.”, someone says quietly, shaking me gently. I felt something on my lips, and it made me smile. “I love you, Melody,” he murmurs, petting my hair. I smile, not wanting to open my eyes and ruin this perfect moment. “Go back to sleep, you’re safe with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know there’s some mistakes, and I have to do some italic things.

♠ ♣ ♠

I fixed it! You're all free to enjoy!