Deserved to be Alive

thirteen.

Adele knelt to the plush carpet, placing her brand new Marc Jacobs bag beside her. A smile was plastered on her face as her daughter came bounding toward her. “How was your day sweetie?” Adele asked hoisting her child into the large SUV.

Laina Grace let out an infectious giggle, “Great Momma, me and Chase went on the swings together!”

As Laina Grace continued to tell stories of her adventures with Chase Staal, Adele's mind began to wander. However she was quickly shaken from her pensive state when Laina asked a heart breaking question.

“Momma, when can I see Daddy? Uncle Jordan said he's gunna take me.”

Adele stuttered, her face began to break out into a deep red, “I don't know honey, maybe this weekend.”

The car came to a stop in the driveway. Adele quickly unbuckled and let Laina out. Adele stood by the side of the car for a moment, watcher her daughter play on the front lawn with a few colorful butterflies fluttering around. She hated the fact the fact the Laina only saw her father once, but she just couldn't do it. Adele had not seen Evgeni since the day he left for Russia, six years ago.

“If it makes you feel any better,” Lauren mentioned later that afternoon, “from what I heard through Jord, Geno and Oksana are having a bunch of problems.”

Adele cringed at the sound of the horrible woman that ruined her perfect relationship. “Whether they have problems or not, it still won't make up for what he did. Evgeni cheated- no! He did more than cheat, he got his ex-fiance pregnant, brought her back, fathered the child, and let me here high and dry.

If I wasn't Chase's god mother, I doubt I would still be living in Pittsburgh anymore. Evgeni doesn't need me anymore and it's Laina has close times with the man. She has only met him once.”

Sighing, Lauren put down her coffee cup and spoke four words that shot an arrow through Adele's heart, “He still loves you.”

“Lo, stop.”

Without another word between the two, Adele got up and walked into her bedroom and shut the door. Lauren ran her hand through her smooth blonde hair and picked up Chase. Lauren hated being the messenger between two of her best friends, “There's nothing more I can say to her Geno, the damage is done.”

“Not understand. I say sorry and send flowers.” Evgeni replied more confused than ever.

After talking to Evgeni a little longer, Lauren hung up and began making dinner for her family. She sighed, mixing her ingredients together. Lauren was lucky enough have a wonderful family beside her. Jordan was an amazing hands on father and was even willing to lend a helping hand with Chase or around the house.

Evgeni sat on the couch and watched Andrew as Oksana ran into the shower. He picked up his phone and began going through his pictures. An image of he and Adele caught his attention. Evgeni knew he had made a mistake choosing Oksana over Adele.

Evgeni stood from his seat picking up Andrew, “Am going for walk with Drew.”

Oksana mumbled some incoherent words. He scooped the small boy into his monstrous arms. “Wheres we going Dad?”

“For walk son. We visit a friend.” Evgeni carried Andrew outside into the crisp September air.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long )):