Deserved to be Alive

four.

“Ten years ago, standing in the nursery next to Andrew, I would have never imagined myself up here for her so soon.” Adele said as she stood before a massive crowd, “If anything, it should be her up here, making a speech about me. Even though Hanna was only ten years old, she had the mind and thought process and insight of a twenty year old. She gave me the most amazing advice on everything. She was my baby sister and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be in an amazing relationship. I feel so blessed for every moment I spent with Hanna. Every memory I have of her will be forever cherished.”

Adele stepped off the podium and walked over to the casket. She placed a soft kiss on the polished wood and whispered, “I'll see you soon Hannie.”

Evgeni moved over slightly to make room for his girlfriend. Adele sat next to him and cried into his chest. Evgeni wrapped his muscular arm around her narrow shoulders and kissed her temple. “Speech was great.” he whispered, sending shivers down her spine, “Am very proud of you.”

Across the room, a green eyed Sidney Crosby kept a close eye on Evgeni Malkin and the apple of his eye. The young captain hated watching Adele being fooled. She was wrapped so tightly around the Russian's finger. With a look of disgust on his face, Sidney briskly walked out to his car right after the service concluded.

He got in and waited for Jordan. As soon as Jordan got in the car and buckled his seatbelt, Sidney sped out of the parking lot. “Woah Sid,” Jordan said in shock, “where's the fire?”

Sidney shook his head in frustration and slammed his hand on the steering wheel, “She's so fucking clueless!”

Jordan shot his friend a confused look, “What are you talking about, Geno and Adele?”

Back at the church, Evgeni stood beside Andrew as his arm snaked around Adele's waist. He held her close to his body as they were greeted with many condolences and looks of pity. Adele was on the verge of tears as the three of them drove back to her apartment. No matter what anyone told her, she blamed herself for Hanna's death.

“Hannie, don't play with that tube okay?” Adele said, warning her sister as she fiddled with the IV.

Hanna pouted, “Why Delly? It hurts.”

Adele just shook her head, “It's helping you stay healthy baby girl. You can scratch near it if its itchy, but whatever you do, don't take it out.”

She took up to turn on the television. It was not until she turned around to grab the remote control from her sister's bed side table that she noticed a small puddle forming on the ground. Adele lost all color from her face and shrieked. The IV was hanging off the stand, no longer pumping antibiotics into Hanna's system.

Hanna went through a series of coughing fits before any sort of medical personnel arrived to the private room. As soon as the nurse stepped in the room and took one quick look at Hanna, they called for backup. Adele stood back, her hand over her mouth in disbelief, tears creating a small puddle on the linoleum floor beneath her feet.


Adele got out of the car and walked up to her apartment. She was thankful that Andrew had invited some of their closest friends back to her place. She just could not deal with being alone, especially after what she had gone through. Only moments later, Sidney, Jordan, and most of the other Pittsburgh Penguins entered her apartment, filling it up quickly.

“Geno, stop fucking around with Adele. The longer you play this out the more pain you will cause her. Just tell her the truth and break things off! You've got Oksana anyways!” Sidney hissed, full of furry, as he took a small sip of his beer.

Geno laughed heartily, taking a long swig of his beverage “Oksana in Russia, she not going to find out about Adele.”

Sidney shot daggers towards his friend, “You're a real fucking idiot you know that?”

A glass shattering into a million tiny shards caused both men to jump. Their heads turned simultaneously, jaws dropping to the floor and eyes wide like a deer in headlights.
♠ ♠ ♠
duh duh dun...!
4 comments for an update.
OH check out lauren ;
she's awesome and she's got great jstaal stories.