Deserved to be Alive

nine.

The evening came and went. Adele woke up the next morning to a pair of toned arms around her waist and a rather stiff something poking her backside. She blushed, smiling slightly. Evgeni's body began to move a bit as a sign that he was waking up. Adele maneuvered her petite body so she was facing her Russian. She lifted her head a few inches off her soft pillow to place a delicate kiss on the tip of his nose.

“Good morning Evgeni.” Adele said as his eyes fluttered open.

Evgeni smiled, pressing his lips to hers. The sensation of their lips together sent electric shocks throughout her body. Everything about Evgeni and Adele made sense as a couple. The pair lay in bed, enjoying each other's company. Adele ripped herself out of Evgeni's grasp when she heard a loud crash in the kitchen.

She quietly made her way into the kitchen, Evgeni three steps ahead to protect his woman. They got into the small corner kitchen only to find Henry and Kyle standing by the stove and a pan on the tiled floor. Adele let out a sigh of relief, finding out that it was just the twins, trying to make breakfast.

“Hey Aunt Del, we wanted to make breakfast for you and Geno.” Henry said, motioning to the large bowl of pancake mix.

Evgeni patted the boys on the back, “Thank you boys, Can take it from here.”

Kyle and Henry took their seats at opposite ends of the kitchen table. Adele sat beside Kyle, watching Evgeni finishing the pancakes. She adored the fact that her Russian could cook. In fact, Adele adored Evgeni for more than his skills in the kitchen. She adored his thick accent, the way his eyes lit up when they spoke about hockey, the way his face scrunched up when could not think of a word, and the way he held her close at night.

After finishing breakfast, Andrew and Carol came to pick up the boys. Evgeni had left just before they arrived to return to his apartment to get ready for morning skate. He was going to pick up Adele on his way there so afterwards they could go out for lunch with Marc-Andre and Vero. Adele took a quick shower, allowing her dark locks to dry naturally. As she looked over her outfit once more in the mirror, her phone began to ring.

“Hello?” she asnwered.

“Is Geno, am here to pick you up.”

“Alright, I'll be right down.”

Adele quickly tossed a few things into her purse and ran out the door, locking it behind her. She walked down to the front of her building and got into Evgeni's car. The ride to the Mellon was quiet. Evgeni had some Russian CD playing on low volume, Adele next to him, typing away on her phone.

“Who are you talking to?” he asked, looking at Adele so concentrated on what she was doing.

Adele looked up and grasped Evgeni's hand in hers, “I'm talking to this guy who just moved in two apartments down. He's really nice, doesn't know too many people.”

Evgeni nodded his head silently. If he told Adele he was not worried or concerned that she was talking to this new neighbor of hers, he would be lying. As if she knew the thoughts running a mile a minute in her boyfriend's mind, Adele spoke. “You don't have to worry about his babe, he's got a beautiful girlfriend. They just moved in together. I just suggested the four of us go out to dinner tonight.”

“Would like that very much.” he said as he pulled into his usual spot next to Max.

“Have a good skate.” Adele said before walking into the arena beside Emma.

Emma shot Max an excited looked as she and Adele walked into the Mellon. Adele did not have to explain why she and Evgeni got back together. No details were asked for. The entire Pittsburgh Penguins organization knew just how madly in love their Russian was with Adele Morrison. Emma was so happy for the couple, insisting she knew it would all work out the whole time.

The two worked on the last minute details of Emma's wedding as they occasionally watched the team practice. Adele felt slightly awkward when Sidney skated past them, smiling. Noticing her friend's change in attitude, Emma questioned Adele.

“What is up with you girl? One minute, your on cloud nine because you and the Russian are madly in love. Now you're all awkward and jumpy. What gives?”

Sighing, Adele shook her head, “I don't know, thats the problem. I just get this weird feeling in my gut whenever Sidney is around. During that time the Evgeni and I weren't talking, I got close to him. You know, he was there for me when everything was falling apart.”

Emma shot her friend a look of concern, “I think, your playing with fire. If you truly love Geno, you need to stop leading Sidney on. Those boys are great friends and I would hate to have them have a falling out for something as silly as a girl.”

Adele just shook her head, keeping her eyes on the ice. She knew Emma made a very valid point, but she just could not admit to herself that she still had feelings for the Canadian captain. Everything with Evgeni was finally back on track and she was willing to do anything to maintain her relationship with the Russian. However, she still was not able to forget what pain and hurt Evgeni had put her through.