We Love Like Vampires.

Sitting in this room playing Russian Roulette.

The months felt like they were getting longer. I kept putting off the change, insisting that we needed to find a new place to live first. Frankie was getting worse. He was getting thin. He was running out of time. We had decided on Canada. A new country, a new opportunity; a place to lie low. I was hunched over the computer, searching in vain for a house. Frank was on the couch. I came across a house, it looked perfect. It wasn’t too big, and it wasn’t too small. It was in the heart of Quebec; meaning Frank and I would have to learn French, but we had a whole forever to do that. “Hey, Frankie,” I called, “I think I found the place, c’mere.”

From the living room, I heard a weak, “I c-can’t.” I quickly got up out of my chair and rushed into see him. He was on the couch, shivering madly. He was covered in a thin layer of cold sweat. Tears were rushing down his face and he gripped my shirt weakly, curling up to my cold body. “It hurts,” his voice was so soft and full of pain that I could barely hear him. I pressed my cheek against his forehead, he was burning hot.

“Do you need to go to the hospital?” I hugged him tighter.
“No!” His fist pounded against my chest so lightly I barely felt it. “I need you to turn me.”
Frank could be dying, right at this very moment, “It’s going to hurt,” I warned.
He shook his head, “I’m already in enough pain,” his voice cracked. I picked him up, placing him into my lap. He was shaking so hard, he shook me. I wrapped my grip around him tighter and tilted his chin up. This was as nerve wracking and painful as Russian Roulette. I was sitting there, with my finger pointed at my Romeo. I shifted in my seat, there is was, the vein in his neck that was beating under his skin faster than it should’ve been. I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut and ripped my fangs into the bruised and scared skin that he had vainly tried to cover up with a tattoo.

The warm blood came gushing down my throat, filling up my starved body. It nourished me, making me feel less like death. It trickled down the sides of my lips as I quickly tried to lap it up out of his fast moving vein. His heart started to rapidly slow down and he was struggling to breathe. Then, there was that thunk as his lungs and his heart stopped together. I pulled away, licking the excess blood off my lips and with my fangs, tore open my wrist, offering it to Frank’s mouth. He drank, his shoulders hunching with discomfort as my blood and my venom corsed through his body. He pulled away, having his fill of me, cringing with extreme pain. He let out a cry of pain as the venom took over his body, changing him from the inside out.

His senses were effected, everything would become painstakingly loud, smelly and everything he touched would feel very different. His eyes flashed open, they had turned pale just like his skin. His jaw opened as a set of baby fangs grew. His pupils dilated at the same time. He let out one more final cry of pain and then stared at me, blinking. It had worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title comes from Escape the Fate. (:
xo