We Love Like Vampires.

Exgirlfriend from another life.

I stopped, holding my arm out to tell Frank to stay there. I walked slowly towards the end of the alley way. I could hear Frank trying to figure out what to do with the body, “Burn it,” I said lowly as I tried to follow the familiar scent I had picked up on. I heard the swish of a match being lit and the suffocating scent of smoke soon after. That’s when she jumped down in front of me.

Christina, my ex-girlfriend from high school and the woman who made me a vampire. My teeth curled over my lips as I snarled and hissed; she repeated the motions as we circled around each other, but there was no way I’d let her touch Frank. Her face softened and in an instant, her small frame was wrapped around me in a hug. “Gerard!” She pulled away, she was grinning.
“Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you!” She was the type of crazy ex-girlfriend you never wanted. She was the kind that refused to admit that we were over-- in fact, the reason I am a vampire was because, “she wanted to be together forever.”

I pushed her away, turning around to see Frank progressing towards me. He looked at the bubbly Christina who seemed so happy to see me. “Uh,” Frank stammered, “Quel est votre nom?” His french wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t good either. Christina’s eyebrows furrowed.
“What?” She blurted out with her hopelessly terrible New Jersey accent.
Frank turned towards me, “Who’s this?” He asked, looking back nervously at her.
“Uh, an old friend,” I told him through gritted teeth. I knew how Frank got jealous, and I knew Christina would bring up our past.
“Don’t you mean really good friend?” Christina winked.

I grabbed Frank’s hand without a second thought, “No, I mean friend-- look, we have to go-”
“Go where?” She butted in, stepping in front of me as I tried to leave.
“Home, it’s almost sunrise.”
“Who’s that?” She asked, pointing at Frank.
I sighed, “This is Frank,” I said gently.
She blinked, completely oblivious, “Oh, is he your...” Her eyes lit up, “He’s yours,” she smirked, pushing her fingers into Frank’s mouth to get a look at his fangs. Frank growled and she backed off.
“So are you two room mates, or something?”
“Something like that,” I smirked and tried to brush past Christina.
She was looking at our hands, I squeezed Frank’s tighter and her eyes narrowed.
“Oh, I see,” she snapped. Her eyes turned red and she glared. I knew what that look meant and I pulled Frank closer to me.
“Back off, shortie. He was mine first,” Christina hissed.

Frank’s frightened eyes turned right at me and I sucked in a breath.
“Christina, I was never yours, now fuck off.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in forever!
Lots of things going on.
xo