Status: What Do You Think? Let Me Know! :D

Vampire Academy and the Little Dragon

Hit The Floor

I must be dreaming,’ Kaida thought as she stared at her mother. She knew this scene all too well. She had been dreaming about it ever since she and Akeno had gone with Rose and Lissa.

“Kaida, there is something your father and I need to tell you.” Kaida’s mother said softly.

Then her father took a deep breath, “You're adopted, Kaida.”

The scene abruptly changed to a brand new setting, but it didn’t seem like something Kaida’s overactive imagination had thought up. Kaida felt as though she had been here before, like it was a memory instead of a dream.

“She’s so beautiful.” Said a boy around the age of seven, one of whom Kaida had never seen before. He sounded sad, like he was about to cry because something was being taken away from him.

“I know Dimitri, but it’s better for her to grow up away from all of this, which is why tomorrow she will be going to America to live with a new family, one who will take care of her and keep her safe from our world.” A woman said. Kaida looked into the woman’s face surprised to see herself.

No, not herself, but someone who she resembled greatly.

Her mother, it took her a second to realize.

This was her mother, and...


“KAIDA!” Akeno shouted causing Kaida to fall out of bed and onto the floor.

“Ow! Akeno!” Kaida shouted back rubbing her now sore bum and mumbling a few choice words under her breath before realizing that something was off. The warm air coming in through the open window was not normal for a fall morning in Portland. When Kaida looked up she saw Rose grabbing a pair of jeans and jerking them on. Akeno had laid some clothes for Kaida on the bed before going to get her own clothes on, and Oscar the cat was staring out of the window at something, hissing.

Immediately Kaida stood up and took the clothes from the bed, threw them on and grabbed her coat before stuffing her cell phone, iPod, and wallet into its pocket. She saw Rose and Akeno doing the same thing except Rose had to grab Lissa’s stuff as well. Once all three were ready, they hustled out the door.

When they found Lissa she was going through the fridge in the kitchen. She must’ve heard us coming because she looked up, her expression one of shock.

“You shouldn’t be up.” She directed at Rose, but Kaida wasn’t having it. Instead she took Lissa’s coat and wallet from Rose walked forward and thrust them into their owner’s arms.

“We need to go. Now.” Kaida told her with a look that said ‘no arguing’.

Lissa’s eyes widened further as it all came together in her head. “Are you... really? Are you sure?” she looked to Rose for reassurance, whom nodded.

“What’s wrong?” Kaida jumped as they all turned to see Jeremy, a house mate of theirs, whom was looking at them curiously.

“Liss, get his car keys.” Rose said suddenly.

Jeremy looked panicked now, “What are you—”

Quickly Lissa walked over to him, smiled, and looked straight into his eye. At first Jeremy still looked panicked but then his expression changed to that of a baby with a shiny piece of jewelry hanging right within its reach; A look of enthrallment.

“We need to borrow your car.” Lissa told him softly. “Where are your keys?”

Jeremy smiled before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a red keychain. Then he handed it to Lissa.

“Thank you. And where is it parked?” Lissa asked kindly.

“Down the street, at the corner by Brown,” Jeremy said making Kaida think of Luna Lovegood.

Then Kaida heard a groan from Rose, and realized why. “Down the street my ass!” Kaida muttered realizing it was four blocks away.

“Thank you,” Lissa said calmly backing towards the other three companions of hers. “As soon as we leave, I want you to go back to studying. Forget you ever saw us tonight.”

Jeremy nodded as Lissa reached us. “Come on. We’ve got to move.” Rose told her, then they were off.

When they got out they headed for the corner Jeremy had said his car was at. Rose kept stumbling and Akeno, Lissa, and Kaida took turns steadying her.

“Rose what are we going to do if they catch us?” Lissa whispered.

“They won’t. I won’t let them." Rose said determinedly.

“But if they’ve found us—”

“They found us before.” Rose looked back at Akeno and Kaida before continuing, “They didn’t catch us then. We’ll just drive over to the train station and go to L.A. They’ll lose the trail.” Rose said making it sound simple, but Kaida knew better.

Looking over at Akeno, Kaida realized she’d been so absorbed in herself that she hadn’t seen just how afraid Akeno seemed. Softly, as words of reassurance to bother herself and Akeno, Kaida whispered, “We’ll be fine, Kena. We’ll be fine.” Akeno had always been the more sensitive out of the two, always seeming to wear her heart on her sleeve, while Kaida kept them in, later letting them out into a journal she kept. Quickly, and almost in a panicked manor, Kaida reached for her jacket patting down the pockets, sighing in relief when she felt the familiar hard cover of her journal.

“Do you hear that?” Lissa asked suddenly. Akeno had heard it too, which Kaida knew because she had gripped Kaida’s hand randomly. Kaida and Rose’s hearing wasn’t that good, so it took them a bit longer to hear it.

Footsteps...

And they were moving fast.

Rose grimaced.

“We’ve got to run for it.” Rose said holding onto Lissa.

“But you can’t—”

Run!”

And they did. Rose had the most trouble running but she managed and the footsteps grew louder and louder.

When they were close a man stepped out in front of them blocking their way.

Kaida froze.

It was him.

The boy from her dream.

Of course older than he had been in her dream, but it was him, she just knew it.

Kaida and Akeno both took protective positions, and when the footsteps slowed behind them they turned to face the pursuers.

Listening to the steps, Kaida realized there had to be at least twelve people. Then she heard Rose take her own defensive position.

“Leave her alone. Don’t touch her.” Kaida heard Rose growl at whom she knew was the man.

“I’m not going to—”

Kaida heard one step and then Rose attacked. Kaida looked at Akeno silently telling her to stay by Lissa.

Then she sprung.

Kaida had mastered three forms of Martial Arts which had helped her when it came to this, but when she had four of them down she heard two words from Akeno that made her stop.

“Kay, enough.”

On the other side, she heard Lissa telling Rose to stop as well, and so slowly Kaida backed up, never letting her guard down, until she had her position beside Akeno.

Kaida heard more steps as the man moved closer before she heard, “My name is Dimitri Belikov.” And she tensed.

Hearing his name only confirmed what she had earlier declared.

“I’ve come to take you back to St. Vladimir’s Academy, Princess.” He finished.

Kaida growled as she realized they were going to have to surrender.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! It took forever but here's the first chapter!
I'm already working on the next one, but I dunno when it'll be up, soo...
In the mean time watch this: Vampire Academy and the Little Dragon Trailer Redone

TaTa For Now! :D

Happy Reading,
Kaylee Lovett