Status: comments are lovely :]

If It Hurts This Much Then It Must Be Love

twenty.

After the first song the others just came flying in, like they used to. I had to carry a piece of paper and a pen with me everywhere as I could get ideas from the weirdest of conversations.

In a week I had written about 15 songs, we just had to pick what ones we wanted to record then it was off to the studio. Zack was sitting next to me at the table going through the pages of lyrics that I’d written. He’d made two piles off ones to keep and ones to go; so far none had made it into the “trash” pile.

“Alex this is amazing, better than anything you’ve written before” Zack beamed.

He paused a minute before whispering “maybe you needed what happened to have happened yano”.

I nodded because I knew Zack was totally correct, as most of the songs had been inspired from conversations about Callie, my hospital visit and my now recovering state. Maybe one day I’ll be able to thank her for it but for the now I’m happy; I have my band and my duty right now is to please the fans with a new album. I watched as Zack put another sheet in the “keep” pile, before he read over the next sheet.

I then heard the sound of the door opening and as I looked up I saw Julie, carrying about ten bags.

“Alex! Alex can you do me a favour?” she asked as she dumped everything down around her feet.

“Yeah Julie what is it?” I asked standing up and walking over to her.

“Well as you know Jack’s not the best and neatest writer and I have so much to do for this wedding, so can you write the invites. I have a list of everyone who’s to get one and the details you have to put on it also I was wondering if you could write like a sentence for the middle; something about love or something – you have a way with words Alex you’ll know what to write.” She gushed out quickly as she searched through the bags.
“Yeah that’s fine Julie, I needed something to pass my time anyway now I’ve wrote enough” I laughed.

She eventually found what she was looking for in her bags, pulled it out and dumped a pile of about 200 invitations in my arms.

“Thank you so much Alex, I’ll just go get the list for you” she said running up the stairs.

I stood staring at where she had stood for a second before I made my way back to the kitchen, carefully placing the invitations in front of me. Zack laughed as I sat back down ready to start with the invites.

“Oh and Alex do you think you could get them finished by tonight so we can get them posted tomorrow; people need to know as soon as possible as the weddings in a month!” Julie said smiling at me as she passed a folded up sheet of paper at me.

Seconds later she was out the door again

“I’ll try my best” I shouted, not knowing where in the house she was.

“Thank you!” she shouted from half way up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
my updates suck :|!