Come, Josephine

Promise me you will survive . . .

Rose DeWitt Bukater had made a promise on his dying day. A promise that would haunt her until the very day she died.

She'd counted down the days since Jack Dawson had sunk to the bottom of the ocean, all for her. He'd given his life to save her. And every day since, the wounds seemed to get deeper and deeper at his memory.

Another day without you with me,
Is like a blade that cuts right through me,
But I can wait, I can wait forever.
When you call my heart stops beating
When you're gone, it won't stop bleeding,
But I can wait, I can wait forever.


Just remembering every day her and Jack had spent together on the tremendous ship made her tremble, made her want to cry. Why could it never go back to those days? Couldn't they get another chance? Another chance at it all?

But that arose yet another question. If she'd been given a chance, would she do anything different?

Probably not. The only thing she would have changed was getting Jack out of the water, giving him as much of a chance as she had to survive. But they never could.

Every time she thought about Jack Dawson, Rose remembered the day he was invited to her family's dinner; a day worth never forgetting.

Her, her family, and her hell of a fiancé Cal were waiting on the Main Deck, waiting for Molly Brown and Jack Dawson to meet them. Rose's mother, Ruth, was tapping her pointed shoe impatiently, with her arms crossed tightly over her chest. "Why should we have to wait here like dogs for them?" she demanded, and Rose shrugged.

"It's not that big of a deal, really," she said nonchalantly, searching the crowd easily for anybody she recognized, toying at the oversized diamond on her neck with her fingers.

"Don't play with it too much, you'll break it," Ruth insisted, slapping her daughter's hand away from her neck.

"Mother!"

"It's fine, Ruth," Cal interrupted. "The chain is a rich silver, she couldn't break it with a pick axe."

"That wouldn't have to do with the fact that I'm a girl, would it?" Rose questioned, raising an eyebrow to her fiancé, letting her hand drop back onto the over-sized blue jewel. She was constantly wishing Cal would stop giving her these expensive things, like her over-sized diamond ring. Jack had said then that she would have sunk to the bottom of the ocean - what would he say now?

"Jack?"

Rose gasped, and let out a small laugh. The man standing before her certainly pulled off the part of a first class passenger. His hair was combed back neatly, and his outfit was perfect, down to the shoes and their laces.

You look so beautiful today
When you're sitting there it's hard for me to look away
So I try to find the words that I could say . . .


"Dawson? Is that you?" Cal asked, raising his eyebrows. "Well, I would have never recognized you."

"Certainly shines up like a new penny, doesn't he?" Molly asked, coming up behind Jack and patting him on the shoulder. Rose smiled to him, and, to her surprise, he picked up her hand and placed it at his lips. She raised her eyebrows inquisitively, and suppressed a laugh.

"I've always wanted to do that," he whispered, and offered her a wink.

Throughout the entire dinner, he kept up a perfect act. Rose had never seen somebody go through so much trouble to try and fit in - and Cal had tried so hard to ruin it. He had been so sarcastic, so rude. It was unbelievable.

Later that night, he'd taken her to a party below decks, where they'd danced in a way no first-class lady should have been caught dancing.

That night, she knew that she loved him.

And then the Titanic failed all of her passengers.

I know distance doesn't matter
But you feel so far away
And I can't lie
But everytime I leave my heart turns grey
And I, I wanna come back home to see your face tonight...


Jack had done anything and everything he could. He tried so hard to save them, so they could stay together, as long as they possibly could. They'd made it for a while - her hopes had gotten high, she kept telling herself that they'd never leave each other's side. They would make it out of this together. She promised him. She promised him with all of her heart that she would never, ever let go.

But, to this day, she felt she'd broken her promise. She'd abandoned him to save herself. 'It's what he would have wanted,' a small voice whispered. 'He wouldn't have wanted you to die.' Every time the thought came to her, she pushed it away. She let him go. He sacrificed his life for her, and she let him sink to the bottom of the ocean.

I know it feels like forever
I guess thats just a price I've gotta pay
But when I come back home to feel your touch makes it better
'Til that day there's nothing else I can do

"I'll never let go, Jack. I won't let go. I promise."

"Do you want to know the truth of the horror, Cal? Fifteen hundred people went into the sea when Titanic sank from under us. There were twenty boats floating nearby and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six out of fifteen hundred. I survived. How awkward for you." She's said angrily. That was the last time she saw Cal. He'd married, and inherited his millions. Not long after, he put a gun in his mouth, and shot himself. "I never really cared. Along with myself, he shares the blame for Jack's death. He would have survived."

Another day without you with me,
Is like a blade that cuts right through me,
But I can wait, I can wait forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Simple Plan - I Can Wait Forever

Have a listen, guys. [:

So our assignment was to write a fan fiction and a song fiction. I've never heard this song before, so I had a lot of fun with it - and I got to base it off of one of my favorite movies! (Shut up! It was good!)

I don't know about my own thoughts on this. I kind of like it, but I kind of don't, if that makes sense.

Well, hope you guys enjoyed it anyways!

(Link to the contest is in the summary!)