Status: completed.

Ensemble à Jamais

1/1

Glittering green eyes under heavy eyelashes stare into deep brown ones, emotion sizzling between them like a current. A small smile touches her soft pink lips, parting them slightly. Rough guitar calloused fingers grab her baby soft ones, entwining their fingers. Under their feet, the cool sand rests peacefully between their toes. Beneath her blue and white baby doll dress, her heart is beating a thousand beats a minute. He dips his head towards her, his shaggy blonde hair shading his eyes, his breath tickling her cheeks. Her eyes spark with silent laughter as she leans into his lips, kissing him quickly before turning away and running towards the bright blue ocean. When she turns back to look at him, he collides with her and they tumble into the water, the waves breaking against their warm bodies. Her thin, soft fingers find his face and hold on tight, grinning into his kiss. Saltwater mingles with saliva; sand makes its home in their hair. Before the next big wave can break, he lifts them out of the lukewarm water. Hair tousled and soaked, she crosses her arms and hugs herself, smiling shyly. Dark eyebrows wiggle up and down, and he sticks his tongue out at her. She backs slowly into the water, sand sinking beneath her feet the deeper she gets. From the shoreline, he watches her with love and admiration. A carefree giggle escapes from her throat as she bends at the waist, throwing droplets of water into the pink sky. Behind her the sun sets lazily, lighting her from behind like the angel he always envisions her to be. Something slimy slithers against her ankles, causing her to yelp. Running as quick as possible in knee deep water, she heads back towards him, her eyes never leaving his. As long as they're connecting, green to brown, light to dark, everything will be okay. They'll be okay, forever. Wrapping her arms around his slim waist, she rests her head against his chest, short brown locks drying almost instantaneously in the warm air. His deep breaths rattle her head, making her vision shake and she chortles. Stepping back, he grabs her hand and leads her to the blanket they have laid out on the soft white sand. They collapse heavily, limbs weak with exhaustion. The sun is almost fully gone now, only the top peeking over the water. In the sky, blue mingles with pink, making purple. Farther away from the sun, stars start to twinkle in the night sky. She squeezes his hand excitedly when a shooting star goes by. Squeezing her eyes shut tight, a deep breath fills her entire body, inflating her momentarily. When she opens them again, her wrinkled age spotted hand touches his folded hands, eyes glued to his closed eyelids. Behind her the church is quiet save for the few people crying. Deep in her heart, she can feel him lingering above, his soulful dark eyes searching her bright green ones, holding on for all he can.

"Green eyes to brown eyes, light to dark. Connected forever, connected from the start.” she whispers to the still, cold body.

A single tear slips from her eye, dropping with a quiet little plop on his eyelid.