New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 21

Ok, so if you are hours from home in a beautiful lake house with crystal clear water only a few feet away and had access to some super amazing fun wave runners and a speed boat, what would you do?

Well, if you are five teenage friends who are super bored with water, you go to an amusement park!

Ah, yes! The amusement park, where adrenaline junkies such as Smokey and I live, breathe, laugh and eat junk food. Yep, Smokey and I are all for the fast and/or potentially dangerous. Gotta love rollercoasters!

There weren't any amusement parks close to home, but the amusement park here, lamely named FunLand, was only a few minutes away. I had passed it when driving here.

If you are wondering, everyone knew about Trent and I. Apparently the house had a pair of binoculars and certain friends of mine (SMOKEY AND ETHAN!!!) like to spy with them. Privacy isn't valued by them apparently...

Anyways, we quickly got ready and headed out in the Range Rover at about 9:00 a.m. Yep, it was early, but how else are we going to get our money's worth of rides and awesomeness? We parked near the entrance to FunLand and got out of the car.

"Oh... my... unicorn! This place is amazing!" Smokey exclaimed, staring at the tallest rollercoaster I had ever seen. The guys and I gave her a weird look.

"Um... Smoke?" Ethan asked, "Unicorn?"

Smokey shrugged and grinned happily. "Gosh, guys, it's just an expression."

I stared at her then burst out laughing. Smokey and I then hooked arms like best friends do and began skipping towards the ticket booths.

"I will never understand girls," I heard Ethan whisper to Trent and Tyler. Smokey and I looked at each other and laughed loudly enough for the boys to hear.

They had to sprint just to catch up to us at the ticket booth. We each bought our own tickets from the bored-looking nerdy guy behind the counter. I chuckled as the nerdy creeper dude received glares from the guys for checking Smokey and I out.

"Pervert!" Trent shouted at him as we walked away. I rolled my eyes. We headed straight to the biggest, fastest, craziest rollercoaster we could find. Wanna guess what it was called?

Death Ride. Now isn't that the most appropriate name ever?

Death Ride was a floorless rollercoaster that could exceed speeds of 65 miles per hour and had about seven different upside-down spins. Each row had, luckily, five seats in it.

Since there was barely any line, Smokey and I sprinted for the front row and slid in. Trent sat on the other side of me, Ethan next to him and Tyler on the edge. We buckled and harnessed ourselves in tightly.

The ride took off at a slow pace and pulled us up the incline. At it's peak, we were dropped straight down, falling so close to the ground I thought we were going to hit it. Death Ride shot upwards and flipped gaining just enough height to corkscrew downwards again. I sincerely thought I was going to die.

So I laughed.

Yep, I laughed and so did Smokey. By the time the 'coaster was over, we were in hysterics. Exiting the ride, people gave us weird looks. Trent put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Smoke and I fought to contain our laughter. Once we had quieted our giggles, I nodded to Trent.

"Yeppers! That was just sooooo amazing!" I replied happily. Trent rolled his eyes and took my hand in his. I sneaked a glance at Tyler, who was busying himself looking at the FunLand Map. I sighed and we continued on our amazing FunLand journey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As the day was coming to a close, we went to the Carnival Games section of the park. Believe it or not, there were actually a lot of people in this area. I was eating one of those nifty caramel apples on a stick when we walked passed the strength tester game. You know, the one with the hammer and you have to hit the platform hard enough to ring the bell?

Trent, still holding my hand, came to an abrupt halt, making me stop too. I looked at him questioning only to find him staring at the game. My eyes widened.

"No, you are not playing that," I whined playfully, tugging on his hand.

Trent looked to me and grinned. "Why not? It's the perfect game to both impress and win something for you."

I rolled my eyes. "I already know how strong you are, and you don't have to win anything for me." Ethan, Smokey and Tyler rejoined us.

"Let him play, McCartney. I want to see if Trent is stronger than me," Ethan said with a slightly cocky smirk. I rolled my eyes and shooed Trent to the game. The tower itself was about seven feet tall, which made me doubt Trent.

Though, I shouldn't have.

Trent paid the game host guy. He then easily picked up the hammer and slammed it down on the lever. The puck shot up the tower and hit the bell with a loud ring. Trent turned and smiled triumphantly at me.

"Which one, sir?" The game host asked. Trent searched then picked out a Skelanimals Diego bat plush. He turned to me and handed it to me. I grinned at him and hugged the stuffed creature to my chest.

Yep, as cliché as it sounds, my boyfriend won me a stuffed animal at a Carnival.

"Psh! I can do that!" Ethan exclaimed. He did the same as Trent and made the puck hit the bell. He chose a Skelanimals Kit cat plush. Tyler, though never looking at me, smirked at Ethan.

"That's definitely manly," Tyler commented teasingly.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Whatever, man."

The announcer said that FunLand, which had surprisingly lived up to its name, would sadly be closing in five minutes. I frowned, partly because I had dropped my half-eaten caramel apple and partly because I didn't want to leave so soon.

We all walked to the car and I let Smokey drive home. I climbed into the passenger seat and leaned my head against the cool window. My eyes drifted closed and my last thought before falling asleep was:

Today was the most amazing, best day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 21. I know I've been posting these one day after another, but I already had them finished. (: This was kind of a random chapter, but I enjoyed writing it. So I hope you enjoy reading it!