New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 25

I woke up quickly as cold water droplets splashed across my face. I blinked my eyes a bit from the sun that was beating down on me. I felt my head resting on something rather hard, but incredibly comfortable.

I lifted my head and looked down. What happened to be my pillow? A chest. Tyler's chest. I smiled slightly, remembering our talk last night and how we fell asleep together.

I rolled over into a sitting position and stared out at the wavy lake that had splashed me. Only moments later, Tyler sat up and stretched.

"What time is it?" he asked with a husky tone of just-waking-up-ness. I chuckled and faced him.

"I'm not sure. Judging by the sun, about ten or eleven in the morning," I replied. Tyler nodded, yawning. "We should probably get back to the house. Make sure it isn't destroyed," I added. Tyler looked at me, staring for a bit longer than expected. Then, he sighed and agreed.

"You're probably right. Especially if Ethan is there. He's the biggest party animal I have ever met." The thought frightened me just a bit.

"Ok, now I'm kind of afraid of going back. I hope he doesn't expect us to clean this place up," I stated. Tyler rolled his eyes and stood, grabbing my hands and pulling me up with him. We de-sanded ourselves and walked back to the house.

I pulled the door open and glanced at the inside. Let's just say it looked like a tornado came to party last night too. Cups, bottles and trash were strewn all across the floor. Trent was draped over one coach, drooling but still adorable.

I laughed and skipped over to him, sitting down on the couch by his stomach. I began to poke his cheek, wait a second, then poke him again. Tyler just watched as he tried to hold in his laughter.

I turned to him and mouthed, "Go find Ethan and Smokey." Tyler nodded and ran off up the stairs. I poked Trent until I got bored and decided to just sit there. Out of nowhere, Trent sat up swiftly and knocked me on my back to the couch. He hovered above me, smirking with a hand on either side of my head, planted on the sofa.

"Trent!" I whined, struggling beneath. That only made Trent smirk wider.

"Sexy," he said, leaning down closer to me. I froze and glared, barely keeping the giggles from my expression. I Gibbs-smacked him (which is basically hitting him upside the head. Watch NCIS, people! (: ), which caused him to roll off the sofa. And on to the floor.

I burst out laughing, pointing at him. Trent frowned, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me down on top of him. He rolled his eyes at me and chuckled.

"I like this better," Trent stated with a smirk. I leaned down to kiss him, my palms resting on his chest.

"Eh hem!" someone coughed, trying to get our attention. I broke the kiss and looked up. My blue-and-blonde-haired friend stood in the doorway, somehow changed into her penguin pajamas. "I'm right here!" she yelled, waving her arms frantically.

Trent put his hands on my waist and stood, picking me up with him. I kissed his cheek and turned to Smokey.

"Still tired?" I asked.

Smokey nodded, leaning against the door frame. I rolled my eyes and looked around the house. The clock caught my eye. "Ugh it's like, late! We have to get going."

"What's the rush? This place is amazing!" Ethan complained, coming from the kitchen in only his boxers.

"We have amazingly fun wedding stuff to do!" I said as enthuisiastically and sarcastically as I possibly could. Ethan groaned and threw his head back.

"And for the love of God, will you please put some clothes on," Smokey exclaimed, just as Tyler came from the kitchen with a bowl of Lucky Charms. (They're magically delicious!) Ethan smirked and started flexing his muscles and posing.

"What?" Ethan asked, "You know you love my awesome body." Smokey blushed and looked away, causing Trent, Tyler and I to laugh hysterically.

"Ok, ok," I said, putting my hand on Ethan's bicep and pushing it down. "We don't have tickets to the Gun Show. What we need to worry about it how to get this place cleaned up. And Tyler, give me those Lucky Charms." I pranced over to him and stole the bowl. He glared at me and tried to reach around me to get it back. But I skillfully dodged him and finished the bowl of marshmallow and corn puff wonder.

"Meanie," Tyler huffed ,crossing his arms over his chest, though he was smiling.

"Anyway, to answer your question, I called a cleaning service. We just pack and be on our merry ways, then they come and clean," Ethan stated matter-of-factly.

"That was surprisingly smart. I'm gonna go pack," I said. I kissed Trent on the cheek, handed Tyler the bowl back and grabbed Smokey before racing upstairs. And within a few hours, we were headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 25! More on Quizilla! Thanks for reading! (: