New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 40

My whole body ached with a soreness that nearly paralized me. I was just beginning to stir when my hearing decided to work again. The loud voices made me almost wince in surprise. I realized I was laying on something hard, straight and many people were talking over me.

I opened my eyes, painfully raising a hand to block out the bright overhead lights. The familiar locker room scene rose around me, leaving me laying on one of the benches.

I noticed my hands were rebandaged over the knuckles, those little strip Band Aids kept the wound on my foreheard together, and my neck and lip were sore. The smell of rubbing alcohol filled my nostrils. So, I knew that someone had cleaned my wounds.

Jackson, Tyler, Kris and Alexandra were a little ways away, standing in a semi circle with their backs to me. They were obvious debating something, but I couldn't make out the words as to what.

"Guys?" I whispered, hoarse. I could tell my neck and throat had been damaged from the fight, and I would no doubt lose my voice later. Four pairs of eyes trained on me. From there, it was a mad house.

They all rushed to my side, Alexandra helping me sit up and swing my feet around to touch the floor. Then the questions started coming. It was a jumble, but I could make out various "Are you okay"s, "How are you"s, and, "Should take you to the hospital"s. I decided to answer them in one sentence.

"Fine, wonderful and definitely not. I'm just a little roughed up, guys, no need to worry," I replied, my voice cracking a bit. My vocal chords had been damaged, which meant no strain (a.k.a. singing) for a while.

Ok, so I wasn't a doctor and I really didn't know what was wrong with me. But, I couldn't go to the hospital and get caught with fighting injuries. That would lead to one: jail and two: Kletka getting shut down.

"No. Not again. Come on, McCartney! You aren't really alright," Tyler said, eyeing the forming burise on my neck. I shrugged and turned to Jackson.

"We the only ones left?" He nodded, pulled three rubberbanded wads of cash from his pocket, and handed one to Alexandra, Kris and I. I smiled and counted the bills; $1,794. The best yet.

"Thanks Jack. This is awesome. Anyway, we better be heading back to Mick's house," Kris spoke up, turning to shake Jackson's hand. Alexandra hugged Jackson and turned to walk from Kletka with Kris.

I smiled as they left and turned to Tyler and tossed him the keys to my Range Rover. "I need to talk to Jackson for a while. Go on and take Kris and Alexandra to my house. I'll be there soon."

Tyler looked hesitant at first, but when I kissed him on the cheek, he smiled and left without anymore hesitation.

Jackson chuckled as I faced him again. "What?" I asked with a smile.

"You've got him whipped," he answered in between laughs. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into the training room. We sat down on the mats together and I sighed.

"Where was he taken? Psycho, I mean," I questioned, staring into the mirrors on the opposite wall at us.

"No where. The medics cleaned him up and his friend, you know him as Relic, took him home. I heard Salesman and Addiction were meeting up at Psycho's house too. Not sure for what."

I nodded, letting out the breath I had been holding in. Jackson sighed and slung his arm across my shoulders.

"That was a great fight by the way. You even scared me a bit with that complete death look in your eyes," he said, widening his eyes for effect. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. We talked for about another hour until it was well into the night; about 3 A.M.

"Well, I better be on my way. I'm exhausted and they are probably worried about me at home," I stated, standing up and stretching. Jackson followed suit and grinned.

"Wouldn't want that boy of yours worrying, right?" he asked with a smirk, and I just rolled my eyes. He continued, "See ya later, sweet pea." I smiled, kissed his cheek and turned to leave.

Kletka wasn't far from home, so everytime I left on foot, I jogged. It was good excercise and I liked running. It gave me time to think about certain things like my family and friends, the coming wedding, Tyler--

Thump!

Something crashed into me, pushing me off balance and into the hard cement of the sidewalk. I rolled on to my back and looked up at my attacker. Or should I say, attackers.

"What are you doing? Don't you know anyone can see you all out here! It's a neighborhood for heaven's sake!" I hissed, propping myself up on my elbows to try and salvage any intimidation I could.

"The mind games ain't doing nothing for ya, honey."
♠ ♠ ♠
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! PLEASE READ, I NEED EVERYONE'S HELPPPP!!!!

Ok guys. Many of you know that I have an account on Quizilla. Well, I wrote a short story called "From Homelessness to Happiness" (http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/17270609/from-homelessness-to-happiness-short-story-for-sportybonbortys-contest) for another Quizilla user sportybonborty's contest. Well, I'm in the finals and I would greatly appreciate it if you voted for me in her contest. You don't need an account to vote. Please, please, please! It would me a lot to me if I won!

And, if I do win, as a reward, I will promise TRIPLE updates! Yep, that's three chapters of this story on the same day. So please, get to voting. Here's the link: http://quizilla.teennick.com/polls/17380141/who-is-going-to-win-the-short-story-competition-you-decide-just-vote

Thanks in advance to EVERYONE who votes for me! I lovez you allz! (:

Character Consultant for Josie Finn: Quizilla User OscarxThexGrouch8

Character Consultant for Alexandra Crepsley: Quizilla User NanaChan07