New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 48

McCartney's POV

Oh my god.

Only one more day. One more day until my dad is married to Anne. One more day until I had to put on a pretty dress and walk down an aisle and watch my dad marry another woman. Someone who isn't my mom.

The closer it's gotten, the more I realize that I don't want a step-mom and I really miss my real mom. I was sitting in my room, strumming my guitar when Smokey popped in. She flopped down across my bed and stared up at me.

"I don't wanna go to this wedding! I dislike dresses," she complained, throwing an arm over her face. I rolled my eyes and sat the acoustic guitar in its stand.

"Me neither, but it's Dad so I don't have a choice," I muttered with a sigh. I stared down at her for a moment before finally asking, "Why are you up here anyway?"

"Anne wants you to go get some stuff from the store. She says she hasn't been in a while and we need groceries and toiletries and such. She sent me up here to tell you that and give you the list," Smokey said, handing me a folded pink piece of paper. Leave it to Anne to have the pink paper.

"And she didn't go herself or send you or Josie or even Ethan because..." I said, gesturing for her to finish my sentence. Smokey just shrugged and stared up at the ceiling, her blonde and blue hair form a halo around her face. I sighed and stood from my bed. "Fine, but I won't like it."

Smokey laughed and rolled off my bed. She walked to her side of the room and turned on her music, what sounded like Pierce the Veil. Great band. As I walked from our room, I nearly ran into Ethan, who was going in.

"Hey, where you going?" Ethan asked, smirking down at me. Damn being short compared to guys.

"Your mom is sending me to the store," I said with a bit of a growl. Ethan laughed, slightly mocking me. "So....you going to see Smokey?" I asked with a smirk of my own. Ethan nodded innocently. "Well you two kids have fun."

"That's not--" Ethan started, but I just turned and walked out, leaving him still standing in the doorway.

Right as I reached the staircase, I called over my shoulder, "Make sure you use protection!" I heard them both yell my name annoyed. I chuckled and headed outside to my truck. The local grocery store was a small store right around the corner from the farm. But, as I glanced on the list, I knew I would have to drive all the way to the Department store for some of the items. It was about 15 minutes from Kletka, and 20 from my house.

Pulling into the parking lot, I quickly found a spot and disappeared into the store. It took almost an hour to find everything on the list, and several times I had to ask employees to help me find it. I mean seriously, I didn't know where to find Bourjois Concealer pen, let alone how to pronounce it.

By the time I was out the door and to my truck, the parking lot was virtually empty with the exception of a few cars. I sat the bags I carried out in the passenger seat, and shut the door. When I turned, I ran into something solid.

It happened so fast from there.

I didn't even get a good look at my attacker before I was slammed into my truck, no doubt denting it beside the door. I swung my fist blindly, the darkness of the parking lot jacking up my vision. Was I seriously being mugged?

I caught the neck of my attacker with my punch, but whoever it was grabbed my shoulders and threw me to the ground. I hit hard, but ignored the pain and flipped over on my back to defend myself. My opponent was wearing a black hoodie with the hood hiding his face from my vision. But he was too cocky to care.

He pulled his hood back to reveal it to be Psycho. He spoke, "I told you I'd be back." Psycho knelt and threw a fast punch, but I flipped over and on to my knees at the last possible second. His fist slammed into the cement of the ground, a loud crunch sounding in the almost silent parking lot. Psycho groaned in pain and turned to glare at me.

"You little bitch," he growled. I scoffed.

"What did you expect? For me to just let you hit me?" I replied angrily, pulling myself to my feet. Psycho shouted something incoherent and sprinted at me, grabbing me around the waist, but continuing forward. He thrust me into the wall of the building and I barely saved my head from smashing into the brick.

I squeezed my eyes closed and braced myself for the impending pain. But, out of no where, Psycho let go of me and I slid down the wall. A sudden relief washed over me, along with my happiness plummeting into a near extreme sadness, almost like I was bipolar.

I opened my eyes and glanced up to see Psycho thrown into the wall a few feet from me. I stared, mouth agape, not sure what just happen. Psycho slid to the ground and lay there, unmoving.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered, finally finding my savior. Jackson stood off to the side near a dumpster, shaking his head. He sauntered over to me and pulled me to my feet. I was still so surprised to see him, I didn't know what to say.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly, eyes tracing my face and the rest of my body for wounds. I nodded, still silent. Jackson sighed. "I'm only here because I had to pick up some food for my dog. I heard a fight and decided to check it out, when I saw it was you I had to help. Let's call the cops, they'll take care of--" When Jackson went to glance at Psycho, gesturing to him, he froze in his spot.

Psycho was gone.

"Where in the hell..." Jackson trailed off, spinning in circles to look for my attacker. I sighed and was finally calm enough to talk.

"He's gone, Jackson. He won't be caught until he wants to be," I replied softly. I would have a few minor bruises, and their was a slightly bloody scrape across my back. But other than that, I was ok. Minus the shock of being assaulted, that is. Jackson sighed and gently placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's get you home then," spoke Jackson, softly. I nodded, staring at nothing in particular for a moment before shaking my head to clear. I turned my piercing blue gaze to Jack, and his concerned expression. I smiled sadly at him and agreed.

"Truthfully, that's the only place I want to be right now."
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG Psycho is seriously... well... psycho. I guess his fighter name explains a lot. Hope you guys liked it, only TWO chapters left! O_O It went by so fast. But there will be an equally dramatic sequel. (: Thanks for reading my ninja story of skillzness.

Character Consultant for Josie Finn: OscarxThexGrouch8

Character Consultant for Alexandra Crepsley: NanaChan07

Add me on Facebook, you lovely fans! (: facebook.com/madirai.author