New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 6

So it's been a week since that awesome day at the mall. It was a blast eating with everyone, especially because of our massive food fight. I was covered in ketchup, differently-flavored smoothies and burger grease by the time we... Well... we were kicked out. Haha. I can't say that it wasn't awesome or my first time being kicked out of a mall.

Yeah, I'm just that badass. Haha, just kidding.

Anyways, today, I'm as bored as a panda in Japan. Smokey and I are just kind of laying around, watching Anne's hired moving guys back and forth between the rooms. Both of us were laying upside-down on Smokey's bed, half hanging off. That seems to be a pretty normal position to us. I wonder if that's weird...

"I'm so bored!" Smokey exclaimed, throwing her hands up, er... down. Whatever! It was towards the floor, ok! On with the story!

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She looked hilarious with her blonde hair falling around her face, only the blue framing it. Her arms reached the floor when they hung down, so she had to bend them in her frustration. I probably looked the same way anyway, so who was I to judge?

"Yeah, me too. There is almost nothing to do on our giant farm full of horses and animals and trails and forest and pastures and stuff!" I agreed with an exasperated sigh. Of course, that sounded like a lot of things to do, but we were to lazy to go and saddle the horses and warm them up for riding. It would be a lot of work.

I sat up on my bed, grabbing my acoustic guitar, Missy. "This is one way to get unbored," I said, turning a 360 so I faced Smokey. She sat up and rolled her eyes at me, grabbing her own acoustic bass. She warmed up alongside me and we finally started our favorite song to play acoustic.

Call It Karma by Silverstein.

I played and sang while Smokey harmonized. We sounded pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The ending chord was great, complimented by a drumming of clapping.

Wait...clapping?

Smokey and I looked up in surprise, seeing the guys standing in our doorway. All three of them were clapping with smiling. Even Tyler.

"That was amazing!" Trent said as he skipped over to us. I laughed at his frolicking and rolled my eyes. He sat on the bed beside me and beamed.

"Thanks?" Smokey said with a slightly creeped out tone. "Did you have like too much sugar or something 'cause your hyperness is freaking me out?!" She stared at him wide-eyed, leaning slightly away.

Trent laughed and nodded enthusiastically. "Sure did! We had like two 24-packs of Monster energy drinks!"

Tyler and Ethan moved over to join us. Ethan chuckled and rolled his eyes. "He drank one by himself." My eyes widened and I tilted my head, glancing between Tyler and Ethan, and Trent.

"You're crazy," I said simply. After a few moments of pure silence, everyone burst into rolling laughter. It soon quieted down and we all just stared at each other smiling. I caught Tyler's eyes and he looked away quickly. What the hell was his problem with me?

"Okay, so the reason we came up here is because we wanted to go swimming in the pond out back. Your dad said that it doesn't have any fish in it and the cows haven't gotten into it yet. Plus the watering system keeps it relatively clean," Trent said so fast it was hard to distinguish the words.

I chuckled and nodded as Smokey exclaimed, "Yesh!" excitedly. So the guys left to go change in Ethan's room as we changed in our own. I pushed through the swimsuits in my closet and smiled, grabbing my favorite red and black striped bikini top and black board shorts with a red dragon design.

I won't go through all the awkward details of getting ready for swimming. I was in my swimsuit and Smokey was in her favorite blue bikini top with matching blue board shorts that had white stripes up the sides. The blue on her swimsuit was the same as the streaks in her hair. Our hair had been pulled back into sloppy ponytails, and we made sure to grab towels before sprinting out to the pond.

If we had only knew what was in store for us there...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading Chapter 6! I appreciate it! (: