New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 8

And the day got better that night.

So we all piled into the farmhouse, settling for the entertainment room. After my mom died, my dad took my to a counselor. She told him I need a way other than farm work to get my mind off things. A fun way. So Dad went all out and bought a huge entertainment center with a gaming system and games. Even a convertible pool/foosball table.

Trent had basically been dragged to the house and was laying on the couch. I laughed at his drool dripping from his cheek and gently had to wipe it away with a tissue. Truth be told, he was pretty darn adorable when he slept. I looked up and caught Tyler watching me. I shrugged and turned to face Smokey and Ethan.

"I propose a girls versus boys doubles pool game!" I shouted, immediately covering my mouth and glancing at Trent. He just snored loudly one time. We chuckled under our breaths.

"Sounds good to me," Smokey whispered, smiling brightly.

"Ditto," Ethan and Tyler said, nodding once. I smiled and walked over to the tall cabinet where we kept the cue sticks and chalk. I grabbed four cues and a chalk, taking them back over to the group. We racked up the balls, starting an Eight Ball game. Girls go first, and since I'm such a hustler, I decided to make a bet.

"I bet you twenty-five dollars each that us girls will beat you guys," I stated confidently, smirking.

"No way! We're too amazing to be beat!" Tyler said enthusiastically in one of his random girl-like mood swings. Smokey chuckled and shook her head. I crossed my arms of my chest and chuckled as well. Let the games begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guess what happened? You probably think we won, right? You think we are awesomely amazing and cool and the bestest pool players on this planet? That we beat the guys hard and won the fifty bucks to spend where we wish? Right? (Some of you are probably saying shaking your heads and saying "No." Don't be ignorant! Haha jk, buddies, jk.)

Anyways, all you people who thought we won, you were wrong. We lost epically and failed beyond belief. I think we only sunk the seven and two balls. Not fair, I must add. Oh well, Smokey and I paid up anyways.

Or at least tried to.

"I have a better idea," Tyler said, scratching the back of his head. "Why don't you guys take us out for dinner and ice cream?"

I tilted my head and thought for a moment. "Actually, that's a great idea. Let's do that instead. But let's leave Trent here, he needs rest."

Smokey and Ethan nodded watching our conversation with strange interest. I nodded, hopping to the kitchen to grab my keys for my black SUV. My buddies followed and we walked out to the garage and climbed into my car.

I was in the driver's seat (of course), Smokey next to me and the guys in the back. We pulled out and were a ways down the road before I realized I didn't know where I was supposed to be going.

"Where to, guys?" I asked, glancing in the rearview mirror at them before averting my eyes back to the road. Silence filled the car as they thought.

"I was thinking Mexican. Guatelupe's out by the mall?" Ethan replied, looking at Tyler. Tyler simply nodded and looked out the window. What's up with his random mood swings? One minute he's all Mr. Talkative then he's back to silence again.

"MCCARTNEY! DON'T HIT THE DAMN SQUIRREL!!," Smokey said. I realized she had said my name a few times before, and I quickly swerved to miss the rodent stupid enough to stay in the street.

"She drives worse than my grandma," I heard Ethan whisper to Tyler in the backseat. I rolled my eyes and slid easily down the ramp to the highway where I accelerated to quickly.

This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was Chapter 8! Yayz! Anyways hope you enjoyed it!

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to comment or send me a message. Thanks!