Status: keep this alive.

No Limits.

I don't need him.

Dads, they're a great work of art. They can hurt anyone, avoid anyone, destroy somebody's life. And they always come back for one last chance.

Dear Daddy,

I miss the days where I adored you. I never wanted to spend a day without you. But then it all changed in a blink of an eye. Hurricane Katrina came and ruined our lives. I left with mommy, you left with your girlfriend.
Truthfully, I've always despised her. And I have a secret. You remember how everytime we went to their house and I went into her son, Cameron's, room? Yeah, did you ever think about what we did? I hated them. Lisa, your girlfriend, always had your attention. You even admitted it in the end. Cameron, her son, always tried to kiss me, hump me, everything. I remember one time he held me down so tight - I wanted to cry.
Then, when you left me for the hurricane, I missed you. You left us. You had all this food and money and didn't help me or my mother. And when we could all go back home, you were different. You had to go back and forth between Louisiana and Texas for work. And we never saw each other, but when we had the chance you were with her again.
Anyway, momma and I have become closer. I've asked her questions. She told me the truth. And now I remember things.
You cheated on my mother, you beat on my mother, and I was standing right there.
You're a piece of shit.
I'm glad that you and momma broke up before I was born. It was a blessing in disguise.
Sixth grade came around. You're pathetic. You're in your early 30's with a 12 year old daughter living with your parents. You're a manwhore. You don't pay for rent. You spend almost everynight at a club. (This was three years ago, the only difference is that I'm older.)
Your mother and your sister and I got into an arguement. After that I hated to come to your house. Your sister hated me because my mother worked in a club a long time ago. Your mother's just a fat, bitter, miserable, racist, redneck woman that I HATE.
You didn't stand up for me, so I ran away. And momma was on my side. Like always.
I remember when I came back from New York on spring break. You said I'm not going to college, I can't do it, I won't end up anywhere.
Now, you have a new girlfriend that I like. We were going to move with her, but you said you had to save money. For what? Nothing.
Anyway, I guess she's been changing you. Because lately you and I have been texting. And it's weird.
Last night you asked if I wanted to go to a birthday party with you. I was sleeping at my friend's house that day, so I said I had plans. You were sad obviously. So, I asked you to pick me and my two friends up to bring us. But, no. Only me. And when you told my mom that, I started crying. I don't cry. I hate it, I think it's a weakness personally. So, don't judge.
Anywho, momma tried to talk to me. And I told her what I felt. I was scared. I didn't want to get close to you. I didn't want to get hurt again.
When we got home, we went into the bathroom to talk.
I remember her asking, "Well, would you rather him never try to have a relationship with you or now?"
I nearly choked on my words. "Never."
"Why?"
I cried worse.
"Would that be easier to forgive him?" She asked.
I agreed with her, but the truth was that I never wanted to have a relationship with you because that would be easier to forget you.
Now, daddy. Don't try to get close with me. I have my walls up. I can't ever forgive you. I won't ever forgive you. I don't ever want to forgive you.
So, beware, please. It's not going to be easy. Not at all.

Love,
Your daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sugarcoat. / Bulletproof.
I almost cried writing this.