Status: slowly active.

Can You See Me?

Cuatro.

"Wow...this is amazing," Olivia's breath caught in her throat as she took in the huge Hall of Records. Cathedral ceilings, huge rooms with rows and rows of old albums containing articles and records. It had the feeling of an old castle library. It was amazing, to say the least.

"This could take a while," Nick grimaced as he took in the vast amounts of records. Where to start?

"I hope it doesn't take too long...you've got a life to live, after all," she smiled weakly as they started walking around and looking at the titles and names on the albums. They seemed to be arranged in alphabetical order from last name.

"What's your last name?"

"Cayhill," she replied and Nick headed towards the C's. His fingertips brushed the spines of the countless loads of books as he scanned them for the appropriate one. When he found Ca he pulled it down and almost sprinted to the tables that were nearby. He thumped the heavy book down on the old oak table and immediately began searching for Olivia's last name. Her family turned out to be the only Cayhills' in Wyckoff, so he had no trouble figuring out which was her family, "Olivia."

"What did you find?" She braced herself for anything he might have found regarding her death.

"Not much...it seems like they really kept your...death quite," he whispered and his head snapped around to see if anyone was watching him. He didn't want to look like a crazy lunatic, after all.

"Let me see, then," she stood next to him and leaned over the book where she was an old picture of herself staring back at her. She wondered if she still looked just the same: long, curly blonde hair, bright red lips, and crystal blue eyes. Seeing herself so happy and so alive brought back all the memories and hopes and dreams she had for the future; the ones she had locked away and vowed never to think of again. But here they were, threatening to break her down once again. Olivia turned to Nick and noticed he was adamantly watching her, "Nick? Do I still look like that?"

Nick was caught off guard by that question. He looked at the ghost next time and studied her. She still had the same loose blonde locks, and the same features. She looked exactly like she had all those decades ago, "yes. You still look just as beautiful."

"I do? Oh my gosh," she grinned and ran her hands over her hair and touched her face, "I guess I haven't changed that much, then."

"Not at all,"

"Read the article to me, won't you?"

"Sure-

Teenager Olivia Cayhill Was Murdered

After weeks of searching, as well as praying and hoping of the Wyckoff community, it had been concluded that Olivia Cayhill, daughter of business man Luther Cayhill and housewife Maryanne Cayhill, has been murdered. The eighteen-year-old's body was never found, although traces of her blood and hair have been found in an abandoned home's basement on the outskirts of the city. There was never anyone known to be living in the house for the past five years, so the murderer is widely believed to still be at large. Parents are encouraged to keep closer tabs on their children, and children are encouraged to always be with someone else, especially females. Olivia Cayhill was born in Wyckoff on February 10th, 1944 and her murder has been concluded to have taken place on March 14th, 1962. Cayhill was set to graduate from high school later in the Spring, and had planned on starting at the University of New York in the Fall. She is survived by her father, mother, and her brother, Peyton. Services will be held soon, all are welcome to attend.
"

"So he wasn't from around here then," Olivia sighed as Nick finished reading her the article.

"What do you mean?"

"If no one lived in that house for five years before I was murdered, he must have been a drifter. How on earth am I ever going to find him now?"

"I-I don't know. But I promise you, Olivia, that we will find him...no matter how long it takes," he said and pushed the book away from him.

"Thank you, Nick. This means everything to me," she smiled.

"It's nothing...at least not compared to what you've been through," he waved his hand at the album.

"I don't even remember it, honestly. All I remember is being kidnapped and then coming home, and realizing I was dead. I put the pieces together over the years. Does it, by chance have anything on the rest of my family?"

Nick took back the book and scanned the remaining Cayhill pages.

"Olivia? I've got some bad news...I don't know if you ever heard, but..your parents are dead," he pointed at the articles in the book.

"Oh. I-I didn't know," she sighed and put her head in her hands, "I guess I just always assumed at they would be alive until I was ready to go. They were parents, you know, it just seems like they should always be there. Huh.

"I'm so sorry," he wished he could just hug her and make everything better. But if everything was the way it should have been, then Olivia wouldn't have been there at all.

"It's okay...it's just a bit of a shock," she shrugged and stared off into the distance.

"Your brother is alive though," he scanned the article on her brother, before breaking into a smile,"guess what, Olivia!"

"Hmm?"

"Your brother, he lives in Los Angeles! He's a writer," he said excitedly, "we can find him when we go to LA! You can come with us."

"That's great!"

"I know! He'll be able to help us, in some way, I'm sure," he concluded and snapped the book shut and returned it to the shelf.

"I hope he'll be...not to freaked out by this,"

"You're his big sister, I'm sure he'll find some way to accept it. It might even provide some closure. But we don't leave for another three weeks," he got into his car and put the keys in the ignition, "I hope you don't mind."

"I've waited almost fifty years. I can wait another few weeks!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me (: