Status: Finished

Mixed Feelings of Elation

Chapter 12

Alex mumbled something in response to Neon's question. It came out as hums due to the bag in his mouth. Neon grabbed the bag, opening his line of speech, and waited.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," Alex answered.

Why was everyone so worried? No one besides Alex knew the real reason for her sadness. Alex had a legitimate reason to ask how she was; every one else assumed they knew why she was feeling the way she was.

"And the pizza and popcorn were for?" Neon trailed off.

"I figured we could have a movie night, if you were up for it. There are DVDs in the bag," Alex said.

Neon pulled the handles of the plastic bag apart to peer inside. Sure enough, there was a stack of DVD cases in the bag.

"So would you like to have a movie night with me?" Alex asked, drawing Neon's attention away from the bag.

"Sure," Neon stepped to the side, "Come in."

Alex did as she asked, stepping into the house and immediately walking to the living room where the television was. Jack had forced him to come over enough times for him to know the general layout of Neon's house.

Neon closed and locked the door before following Alex to the living room. She placed the bag of movies on the coffee table next to the pizza and popcorn. Alex was standing next to the couch, awkward. Tension between the two filled the room.

"Did you want to pop that?" Neon asked, pointing to the popcorn box.

"Yeah, that would probably be smart."

"Well, the microwave doesn't work thanks to my sister and your friend."

"I can do it on the stove. It might be quicker that way."

"Okay. You know where the kitchen is."

Alex grabbed the box.

"Pick a movie while I do this," Alex instructed, leaving the room.

Neon subconsciously moved her eyes to stare at his behind as he walked away. She couldn't help it. The kiss had changed her view of him.

It was hard to believe it actually happened.

Alex turned the corner, leaving Neon's sight. Neon looked at the bag and pulled the first DVD out. Secret Window it read on the cover. Neon smiled. That was her favorite movie. Johnny Depp playing a deranged writer made for a simply magnificent movie. The last lines "The ending is the most important part of the story. This one is very good. This one is perfect" would hit her hard. Not causing her cry but causing her to gain a sudden inspiration, a need to spin lyrics. Those lines were written in each of her writing notebooks, either on the cover or on the front page.

Neon placed the movie on the coffee table and put the bag underneath the table out of view. Alex walked back into the room, a bowl of popped popcorn in hand.

"What movie did you pick?" he asked, as he walked over and set the popcorn bowl on the table.

"Secret Window," Neon smiled.

"I knew you would. That's why I put it on top," Alex stated.

"How'd you know?" asked Neon, smile faltering.

"It's been your favorite movie since it came out six years ago," Alex stated.

"That's very stalker-like for you to know."

"Stalker is my specialty," Alex joked.

Neon's smile returned. Alex took in the way her nose crinkled and her eyes gained a slight squint. He loved it. Her smile fit her well. The slight indent of her cheeks, however, bothered him.

She needed to stop losing weight. It wasn't healthy. He brought so much food in hopes of getting her to eat at least some of it.

"Well, stalker, put the movie in," Neon sat on the couch.

Alex snatched the DVD off the table and walked to the television positioned against the wall. He bent over to put the circular disk in; Neon's eyes went wide as they glued to he behind again.

Why couldn't she control herself?

Alex straightened and returned to the couch, taking a seat close to Neon. He grabbed the remote, sending the DVD to the menu screen and pressing the play button. Leaning forward, he took one of the pizza boxes from the coffee table and set it in his lap. The opening for the movie played while he opened the box. Neon's nostrils filled with the scent of pizza. She tried to keep herself distracted from the wanting feeling in her stomach by watching the television. Her mind filled with images of pizza, too strong for her to stay distracted. She turned her head to look at the box. Alex, who had been watching her, grabbed a slice of cheese pizza and held it out for her. Neon nibbled on her bottom lip, debating.

The scent of the pizza was making the ache in her stomach worse. It wasn't something she normally felt, unless the scent of food was heavy enough.

She was never consciously hungry anymore.

Neon reached out, cautious, and took the pizza slice from Alex's hand. Alex watched her take a small nibble of the pizza, as if testing if it was poisonous. Neon, deciding that one full slice of pizza would be fine, devoured the slice in seconds. A smile graced Alex's face. He silently thanked what ever god there was for Neon eating that one slice. He knew she probably wouldn't eat another but one was good enough for him.

Baby steps were key in getting her to overcome her problem.

Alex placed the pizza box on top of the second one, sitting back on the couch after. They sat in silence, both staring at the movie. Though neither was actually watching. Alex's thoughts were focused on Neon and Neon's thoughts were focused on the slice of pizza she just ate.

The movie was nearing the end an hour and fifteen minutes later. Neon's favorite lines would soon be said. Throughout the movie, the two remained a safe distance from one another; Alex wanted to change that. Inconspicuously, Alex draped his arm around Neon's shoulder. Despite Alex's attempt to act as a ninja, Neon noticed, glancing at Alex's arm then at Alex's face. Alex kept his face directed to the television.

Neon enjoyed the warmth that she felt from Alex's arm and wondered if the rest of him felt the same way. Taking a breath, she cuddled against his side and leaned her head against his shoulder.

Alex smiled to himself. He hadn't been slapped like he was expecting. This only gave him more courage.

He placed a kiss on the top of Neon's pink hair. Her head snapped up in shock, meeting his gaze. Losing herself in his eyes, she didn't notice him leaning in till his lips were firmly on hers. Her eyes fluttered shut as she responded to Alex's kiss. Alex's tongue begged for entrance, which Neon allowed without hesitation. He explored the confines of her mouth for a moment before prodding her tongue with his, hoping to gain a response from the out-of-practice body part. Neon's tongue responded, almost with a mind of its own. The two tongues caressed instead of battling for dominance.

It was like they both knew it would only end in a stalemate.

Alex gently pushed Neon's body to lie down on the couch, straddling her hips. He let his hands roam her body while she wrapped her fingers in his hair. As he pulled away, he tugged on her bottom lip, earning a moan of approval. Neon's heavy breathing was even more incentive to continue. He placed butterfly kisses down her jaw bone to her neck. His lips quickly found the sensitive spot on her neck, earning another moan of approval. Neon titled her head to give him better access to the spot. He nibbled and kissed at the sensitive skin, sending her through waves of pleasure made obvious by her whimpers and moans. With each sound, Alex could feel himself hardening. At such close proximity, Neon could feel the bulge and lifted her hips to grind against his, a move the shocked both participants.

Neon couldn't help herself. Everything felt so good.

Alex pulled away from her neck, panting slightly. Neon's spurts of breath were louder than Alex's.

"Your room?" he breathed.

"Yeah," she replied in between pants.

Alex removed himself from on top of her body and helped her stand. His lips pressed against hers again, his hands landing under her ass to hoist her up and wrap her legs around his body. Keeping their lips together, Alex walked towards Neon's bedroom.

In the background, Johnny Depp's character could be heard replying to the sheriff's warning "The ending is the most important part of the story. This one is very good. This one is perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to tq6776, Myssa is stellar, SpinningInCircles, breepocket, and rivals are insane.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
This chapter was supposed to happen sooner...
Which would have made my life a hell of a lot easier because I'm starting to realize that I'll need more chapters than I thought I would to finish this story.
I don't even know how its going to end yet.
Normally, I know by now.
And I don't like this chapter that much.
Don't worry, this isn't the end.
There's still plenty that needs to be resolved.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste