Status: Finished

Mixed Feelings of Elation

Chapter 24

Searing pain pulled Neon from her world of sleep. Pain pounded through her back, her head, her feet and legs. Tears sprang from her eyes and dribbled down her cheeks uncontrollably. It was unbearable. She couldn't find the strength to get up and walk to the kitchen to get medicine. Her phone was just out of reach on her bedside stand; she couldn't call anyone to help her.

Neon didn't know what was wrong. It was worse than anything she had ever felt before. Pain in the back, head, feet, and legs were common for anorexics but this was ridiculous. There had never been a point in time in high school that she couldn't move due to pain. She could push herself to get up and work out through anything.

The pain she was feeling was debilitating her.

Neon placed her hands over her eyes. Tears continued to fall, silent, down her cheeks. She bit down on her lower lip to keep from screaming. No one would hear her anyway.

She needed to get up to take some medicine. There was an interview today. If it weren't for that, she would have stayed in bed and let the pain overcome her. Fighting it seemed useless.

There was a knock on her bedroom door followed by someone calling her name. Neon made a noise, not exactly one of the English language but a noise nonetheless. The door swung open immediately.

"Neon," Lestat's voice met her ears.

Neon turned her head to face him. A pain shot up her spin through her neck. Again, tears prepared to fall down her cheeks. Lestat rushed to her side, Dorian close behind him.

"Are you okay?" Lestat asked.

"It hurts," Neon mumbled.

Lestat pushed Neon's bangs from her face. Dorian hovered behind him, awaiting orders that were sure to be given.

"Dorian, go get some pain reliever. Tell Dante to make some food. Get Arpeggio in here to pick out some clothes for Neon. Have Jazz run to the corner store to get Neon a Diet Coke," Lestat commanded.

"Will do," Dorian said, "You'll be fine, Neon."

Dorian left the room to do as Lestat instructed.

"What hurts?" Lestat asked.

"My head, back, legs, and feet," Neon answered.

"This had to happen today?"

"Well the head aches and pains in my feet have been happening for awhile," Neon admitted.

"Why haven't you gone to a doctor?"

"Because they'll just tell me I'm underweight and all my problems are caused by that."

"Then you should eat."

"No."

Lestat sighed, "I don't understand why you have to be so stubborn about this. No one knows why you're doing this. But it's obviously not because of Alex this time."

"Why do you say that?"

She knew it was far from Alex's doing this time. She wasn't sure how her band mates knew it wasn't his fault. It was possible for her to still be holding a grudge against the All Time Low lead singer.

"Because Alex is being sweet as bowl of ice cream towards you. He's worried about you too," Lestat answered.

"How do you know that?"

"We talk to him from time to time."

Neon didn't question it further. Jack and Alex were always around each other. Though Neon hadn't gone to see Arpeggio's new home yet, Lestat and Dante had. She didn't doubt that they talked to Alex there.

Dorian returned, Arpeggio in tow. Arpeggio started going through Neon's closet while Dorian handed a bottle of pills to Lestat. Lestat nodded his thanks, unscrewing the pills and letting two fall into his hand.

"Dante is making pancakes and eggs. Jazz has the stalker van and is going to the corner store for Diet Coke," Dorian reported.

"Good. Arpeggio," Lestat said.

"Yeah?" Arpeggio asked.

"Pick something that will look good for the interview today."

"Plan on it."

"Okay. Neon, I need you to take these. Do you think you can sit up?"

"I can try," Neon responded.

Neon positioned her arms to help lift her pained body up. She pushed against the mattress. Pain ran through her body as it had every other time she tried to move, pulling a whimper from the confines of her throat. She managed to get her body to a seated position. Dorian helped keep her seated, placing hands against her back. Lestat handed the pills to Neon. Neon tossed the pills in her mouth, tilting her head back and swallowing.

She didn't need water to swallow pills anymore. She learned how to dry swallow pills in the psychiatric ward.

"You should feel better in thirty minutes," Lestat said.

"How long do we have to get there?" Neon asked.

Lestat glanced at Neon's bedside clock.

"About an hour and a half."

"Why are you guys here so early?"

"Well we were going to bother you and prank you till you woke up but we can't do that now."

"It’s a shame too. I was actually informed of this plan," Dorian grumbled.

"I didn't need you to add to this conversation," Lestat stated.

"Don't start fighting," Neon groaned.

It was too early and she was hurting too much for them to be acting like that.

"Sorry," Dorian mumbled.

"We'll stop," Lestat said.

"Thank you," Neon sighed.

The pain was starting to subside. Since she woke up, the pain had considerably died. Having her friends around helped. They put her at ease.

She would have enjoyed Alex being there, helping her through the pain.

Arpeggio turned from Neon's closet, clothing in hand. She walked to the bed where Dorian was still helping Neon stay up.

"So we're going with your normal attire," Arpeggio stated, "skinny jeans and a tank top."

The drummer laid the clothes on the bed. Neon noticed the tank top had the words "All Time Low" across it with the picture of some creature. That wasn't Neon's tank top. She didn't own an article of All Time Low clothing.

She was never the most supportive person of Alex's band.

"Where did that come from?" Neon pointed toward the top.

"Alex," Arpeggio responded.

"What?"

"He left it at our house for you."

"When?"

"Yesterday. He seemed a lot happier and he's going to the interview today."

"I said he could show up if he wanted."

Dante walked through the door, tray of food in his hands, "When did you talk to him?"

"Yesterday night."

"Oh, really? Was there a love making session that we don't know about? Is Alex hiding in the bathroom?" Dorian joked.

"No, we talked on the phone."

"Are things okay between you two?" Dante asked.

"We still have to sit down and talk."

"When is that happening?"

"Tomorrow."

Neon didn't feel completely ready for it. She didn't know what to say to him. Knowing Alex, he already had a whole speech ready.

"Should be exciting. You will tell us how it goes, won't you?" Lestat asked, "I don't like being out of the loop all the time."

"Yeah, I'll tell you guys," Neon answered.

"You better," Lestat said, "Are you feeling well enough to get ready on your own?"

Neon nodded.

"Okay. We'll bring the food back downstairs and wait for you. Yell if you need anything."

"Thanks for helping me," Neon mumbled.

"We're here for you if you need anything. You should know that by now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to rivals are insane, Wasted Ambition, picklesmcgee, breepocket, xoNatasha5xo, RainbowSkittles1551, and SpinningInCircles.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
So why is there a second post today?
Because I only have three or four chapters left to write.
And a lot left to post.
I didn't realize I was as far ahead of my posting schedule as I am.
Also, there's the possibility that I don't get to post tomorrow.
I don't know yet.
So I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste