Status: Finished

Mixed Feelings of Elation

Chapter 26

The introductory music for the interview played; Neon took a breath in anticipation. She could do this. She could kill this interview. The band had gone through enough interviews. This was just another interview. A very important interview.

The interviewer was talking, words that Neon was not focusing on. It was an introduction of some sort for the show. And to introduce himself, of course. Neon didn't particularly care. She knew his name was Robert and that he would be calling her onto the stage soon. The only focus in her mind was the fact that she was nervous. This time, it was because of the interview. She knew the nervousness would disappear when she walked out from her hiding spot.

"Here with me today is Neon Lowry, lead singer of RxN. Neon, come on out," Robert, the interviewer, said.

Neon took another breath, plastering a perfect smile on her face. She stepped out from her spot and walked down the stairs. The crowd went insane. Kids were yelling and cheering. Some chanted her name or the band's name. Neon looked at them after she was sure she made it safely down the stairs. She waved, earning a set of 'I love you's from the crowd.

"I love you more," Dorian yelled over the crowd, causing the fans to laugh.

Neon smiled and shook her head. She approached the set of couches. The interviewer stood, shook her hand, and motioned for her to sit on the couch opposite him. Neon did so, keeping the smile on her face. The fans quieted down.

"How are you today, Neon?" Robert asked.

"I'm good. How are you?" Neon responded.

"Good, good," Robert nodded, "So let's talk about the new album. Fans are buzzing about it. What can they expect this go-around?"

"Well, I can't speak for the music but lyrics-wise they can expect the catchy hooks they've always loved. The themes are deeper this time. We'll be covering some topics that more people will be able to relate to. And we may have a love song for the first time."

"A love song? That's new. Why don't you tell the fans about your music writing process because it's pretty different compared to most bands."

"We write all the parts separately and, about two months before recording, we get together to make the complete songs."

"And that seems to work pretty well for you."

"Yeah, we alter things if necessary to fit the song we're working on. It’s a long process. We'll actually be doing that in a couple of days," Neon looked out at the crowd, "And you guys need to prepare some beats for a love song."

She saw a majority of her band member's faces fall. They must not have believed her when she said she had written a love song. She hadn't actually written it yet. It had been forming in her mind for a couple of days and was begging to be put on paper. If she could stay up after this, she would scrawl it out as fast as she could.

"I don't love you anymore," Dorian yelled.

Neon laughed, as did the fans.

"You guys have a video coming up for Alone, correct?" asked Robert.

"Yes, we do," Neon said.

"The song itself is dedicated to Armand Lonsdale, the past drummer of RxN. Is the video also going to be focused on him?"

"It is. Most of the footage is from before he passed away so we can show people who he was and what he was like. Footage of him interacting with the other band members and strangers will be the premise of the video."

"What are some examples of the interactions?"

"Arpeggio's drum lessons will be on there. Lestat and Armand eating breakfast together because they were entertaining when they first woke up in the morning. Dorian and Armand coming up with music and dance moves to do at shows. There's a pause in the video for a 'play' that Armand and Dante put on. It's about thirty seconds long."

"Nothing with you?"

Neon laughed, "There's a lot of footage of us being the grotesquely cute couple. We have some of us cuddling on the couch during breaks in band practice, which of course consists of us kissing and whispering words to each other."

"You two were that type of couple?"

"Yeah, it's hard to believe sometimes."

"So how is your love life now? You and Armand are obviously no longer together. Is there any new beau in your life?"

Neon's smile faltered. She hadn't been expecting that question. There wasn't a clear answer to it. She had slept with Alex; she liked Alex; but they weren't clear on what they were yet.

"No boyfriends right now," Neon stated, smiling again.

"Any crushes?"

"One."

She was going to be as truthful as possible. Alex's name wouldn't be dropped at all. He couldn't know yet. Though he may have suspected already, she wasn't going to say it out loud.

"Do tell," the interviewer pushed.

"He's a person I knew in high school. I wouldn't say we were friends but we knew each other well. We've gotten closer. I've realized I like him a lot."

Neon didn't look out at the crowd as she said it. She didn't want to see Alex's reaction.

"Does he know?" he asked.

"I haven't told him. He may know but he hasn’t heard it from my mouth. I'd say his name but I know he's watching right now. I don't want him to find out like this."

"I understand. You want to tell him to his face."

"Yeah. He and I will be talking soon and I hope to get things cleared up."

"That's good to hear. Have you had any boyfriends since the passing of Armand?"

"No. It was too hard for me to move on for awhile. I just recently managed to get over him."

"You have his name tattooed on your arm; do you think you'll ever regret that?"

"Absolutely not."

There was no second thought about it. Armand was her everything. She loved him. She would never get the tattoo removed or look at it everyday with disgust. Even if she did find another man to be with till she grew old, she would never get rid of the tattoo.

They would just have to understand the sentimental value.

"What about you and Alex Gaskarth hating each other back in high school? How did that start?" Robert asked.

Neon could say plenty to that and get Alex into more shit with the tabloids then she was in. She could get him back for the years of torment. She could make his life hell this time.

But she wouldn't.

"We just didn't get along from the start. Conflicting attitudes, I suppose," Neon answered.

"You are both outgoing; I can see that being a problem."

"I was never outgoing in high school. I was reserved and didn't like talking to anyone. I'm still shocked that I made the friends that I did."

"Normally, outgoing and reserved can work well together. Your sister and Jack Barakat, for example. They've been dating for reportedly nine months now; they still seem to adore each other."

"Arpeggio has changed a lot from the quiet girl she used to be. Jack has managed to get her out of her shell. They're both hyperactive all the time."

The interviewer nodded to himself a few times.

"Regardless, you and Alex didn't get along in high school."

"We've made up since then. I play pranks on him sometimes, like sending Dorian's pet husky after him, but I don't think I would intentionally do something to hurt him unless I felt threatened."

"A husky?" the interviewer laughed.

"Dorian has a husky that's just a puppy. Alex is deathly afraid of it for some reason."

"You don't know why?"

"No idea."

The interviewer chuckled. Neon, finally finding to courage to look at Alex, sent him an apologetic smile. Alex smirked, eyes shining with happiness. He seemed to be glowing in his seat.

He knew she liked him.

"I'm sure you've seen the recent tabloids," the interviewer began again, "I think we should talk about your alleged weight loss."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to tq6776, rivals are insane, breepocket, RwaR means i Luv you, Myssa is stellar, and shoutforever.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I'm officially done writing this story.
I just need to finish posting it.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste