Status: Active

Make My Heart Feel Safe

The Pack

As the small car silently drives down the road of Forks, she can't help but cringe in the passenger seat on this dark day. She looked over to her mother, she had a hard grip on the steering wheel, and Eleanor swore that the wheel would have broken if she ever tightened her grip. Her jaw was clenched and Eleanor could hear her breath quicken slightly. Eleanor focused her attention to the road, she could feel the tears escaping her, and she tried her best to hold them within her as she balled her fists beside her.

The two women stepped inside the morgue, fearfully waiting the image of the black casket. Once they stepped in, they were greeted by a rugged old man. He was tall and gruff and also quite pale, but which his pale exterior he looked like he was a peaceful grandfather behind thick framed glasses. He shook Shana's hand softly, and greeted the two women with a soft smile. He took the women to the back room where he showed them a mahogany, maroon colored door. Through the window a bright light was shining, and through the window they could see the black casket waiting for them. He opened the door for the women to step inside, hesitantly, the walked in.

"I'll leave you two for a moment." He said. And he left to the front office. The women stood there in silence, staring blankly at the coffin. They looked at each other once; they grabbed each other's hand softly, intertwining their fingers within each other. They took a deep breath together and walked to the coffin. Hesitantly, Eleanor placed her hand on the cold wood, and she opened the casket. They held their breath as they laid their eyes on the small figure lying there.

It had been four months since the death of Eleanor's younger brother, Shana and Aedan's youngest son. He died silently, suffering from leukemia while they were living in Hobart. They brought him back to Forks, it was only fair that he'd get buried in the place he was born here. The two women stared at the cold body silently, for the moment they felt empty looking at the lifeless body lying there.

Though Masson was Shana and Aedan's son, Eleanor took it the hardest. Masson looked up to Eleanor; she was his idol, despite the harsh things that were inflicted on her. In his eyes, she showed strength and bravery each and every day. His death was one of the reasons Eleanor was so dark and bitter, the other reasons, she never thought she'd have to confess to anyone.

The visit was short; they were only there to make sure Masson's body was presentable and okay. Even though they were there to visit, they left quite cold, a few tears silently falling from their eyes.

Eleanor sat in her room in silence; she crossed her legs and held a plush blue bear close to her chest. The bear was given to Masson from for his fifth birthday, she could remember the shine in his eyes when he received it and he could still remember the hug he gave when he smiled.

Eleanor looked up from the bear to the door as a knock arose from it. He mother walked in with the white telephone in hand.

"Xara's on the line for you." Her mom said with a smile.
"Thanks mom." Eleanor replied, taking the phone from her. She sat back down holding up the phone to her ear. "Hello?"
"ELLA!" Xara's voice shouted from the phone. They laughed at the use of Eleanor's uncommon nickname.

Xara and Eleanor had been best friends since they met in Hobart. Xara was the only mixed shape shifter apart of the pack, and for that she was one of the most unique. While being Portuguese and French along with the Malawian blood, she was gifted with the powers brought with the shape shifting role on her African American side. Xara held the role of second in command, the beta, while Eleanor held the title of the Alpha. The girls were proud of their roles of the pack, standing as proud women in their mother's eyes and in the eyes of the elders.

They talked for what seemed like hours, they didn't really pay attention. They could talk for days on end, they didn't mind.

"So," Xara said, her voice becoming soft. "Did you see...you know, him yet?"
"No," Eleanor sighed. "And thank god. I don't know what I would do if I saw him, or her, again."

Xara knew about Leah Clearwater and Jacob Black's actions, and when Eleanor told her, she was infuriated. How anyone could treat an innocent young girl like that was beyond her.

Not only was she close to Eleanor, she was close to her family as well, and when the death of Eleanor's baby bother had happened, she cried along with them. And since she was close to her family, Xara would come to Forks for the funeral, which would take place the following Wednesday, a week before Eleanor would start school in La Push. Though Eleanor seemed cold to everyone, her personality would change around her, she seemed happier, livelier.

Eleanor was anxious to see her best friend once more, she was happy that she was supporting her through a tough time such as this.

The next day was Saturday. This was the day that she'd finally get to catch up with Bella. She learned that her house was not to far from where she was living, so she walked over to her house.

When Bella opened the door, she was enraptured and she squealed as she wrapped her arms around her. Bella drove them to Port Angeles, stopping at a small cafe not to far from here.

Eleanor learned that Bella was soon getting married, and invited her to the upcoming wedding. Eleanor told her about her brother's death and her difficulty coping; Bella comforted her as much as she could. Eleanor smiled at Bella’s effort. She also told her about her difficult past with Jacob and Leah, though he didn't use names. She didn't leave anything out; it was all out in the open.

"T-There's something I have to tell you," Eleanor confessed. Eleanor knew she now had to tell Bella about her secret, the secret about her descendent from wolf secret. "I want to tell you about the Chichewa tribe in Malawi. There are parts of our tribe that are uh, different from others. I guess you can say we're dog lovers, a lot bigger than everyone else. See, this is had to explain, our people are, I guess derive from wolves."

Eleanor stopped short as Bella snorted a laugh. Eleanor looked at her questioningly as she laughed.

"I-Im sorry," Bella breathed, calming down. "Are you trying to tell me...you're a werewolf?"

Eleanor went wide eyed. How could she have known? Though Eleanor hadn't know that Bella knew about people descending from wolves and that werewolves existed.

"H-How did-,"
"Ella, you really need to meet my friends."

Bella drove away from Port Angeles along with Eleanor in the passenger seat. Eleanor didn't question where they were going, but only kept up conversation.

"So you really are a werewolf? No wonder you were so hot when I hugged you."
"Well, the correct term is "Shape Shifter" but yes, I am. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."
"I understand. There are some things that are had to explain. Since we're being honest, there's something I have to tell you to."

Eleanor listened in astonishment as Bella told her about her future husband, Edward Cullen. Eleanor knew about the existence of vampires, but she never thought Bella would marry one of them. Eleanor never saw vampires as the enemy, only different like her.

A familiar scent fluttered in her senses, she looked out the window, Bella hadn’t noticed, but they were in a place all too familiar to Eleanor.

"Bella, where are we?"
"In La Push," Eleanor cringed at the name. Bella noticed her slight change in body language. "Hey, are you okay?"
"Yeah." She said, lying, putting on an honest face.

A few minutes later they came across a two story, blue wooden house. Eleanor perked up as an unfamiliar scent came to her. She could smell men, unfamiliar shape shifters, they smelled husky and earthy.

She slowly got out of the truck while Bella got out quickly, as she saw four guys pour out of the house. Eleanor slowly walked over to them as Bella hugged all four men, who by the way, didn’t have any shirts on, only cut offs.

‘I guess if you’re a werewolf and a guy, you’re half naked most of the time.’ She thought to herself. She felt herself get nervous and shy a little as she appeared next to Bella, and all four guys looked at Eleanor with furrowed eyebrows and questionable looks.

“Guys, this is my friend Eleanor.” She introduced everyone to her, Paul, Jared, Embry and Quil. “She uh, kind of has something in common with you guys.”

“Yeah,” Spoke Paul, still looking at Eleanor. “We know.”
“You guys know?”
“We’re shape shifters Bella,” laughed Jared. “We can tell who’s one and whose not.”

Eleanor’s look of a shyness changed as she rutted her eyebrows slightly as she noticed Paul was still staring at her, and the look of anger filled his eyes. He looked like he was defending something. You probably would too if a strange shape shifter you didn’t know came on your property.

“Be nice to her Paul,” Bella said, trying to calm him down. “She’s nice.”

Eleanor smiled, but still keeping her sadistic glare at Paul. He crossed his arms over his chest and muttered a ‘whatever,’ but didn’t break his daze from her. Everyone perked up, looking towards the door as a deep voice came from it. A very tall and muscular male came from the door, along with one of the most beautiful women Eleanor has ever seen, despite the scars that cursed her face.

“Hello Bella,” said the woman. She grasped Bella in a hug as Bella greeted her, and as she let go, she looked at Eleanor with a smile. “Now who is this beautiful woman?”
“This beautiful creature, is my friend Eleanor.” Eleanor blushed as Bella complimented on her. “Ella this is Emily.”

Emily grasped her in a hug and greeted her to their home. When she let go, Eleanor looked at the taller male. He stood straight, and stared at her with a gun down stare, just like Eleanor; like an Alpha. Emily introduced him to her as her fiancé Sam.

‘If this is the Alpha, then what’s that guy’s problem?’ She turned her focus to Paul’s once again, he was still staring at her with the same intimidating, well trying to intimidate her, stare. She turned her attention back to Sam, he still had a defending glare, but he softly smiled and welcomed her. Emily greeted her inside, already making lunch for everyone; Eleanor denied it at first, but with the held of Bella, Jared, Kiowa, and Quil, she was easily defeated. Not to mention the pull of Jared’s hand on hers.

As they sat around, waiting for lunch to arrive, Eleanor was able to smile a little. She told them about her people and her heritage, and some stories the elders had told her. They were astonished, especially Sam. Jared had asked her what made her come back to her hometown and why not stay with the pack. Eleanor’s body language changed, the only reason she came back was for her baby brother, and she wasn’t comfortable to say it to people she had just met, not yet anyway.

“Its really personal you guys.” Bella said. Jared whispered a ‘sorry’ with a look of sympathy smile at Eleanor, and she nodded with approval to him.
“So, what, did you just leave the pack like that?” Asked Paul, arms still crossed over his chest.
“Paul!” Bella said sternly to him, but his stare didn’t change.
“It’s okay Bella,” Eleanor said, and she turned to Paul with a demanding gawk. “It’s not like I wanted to leave. The reason I left, was too sudden for me and my family to stay, and it wasn’t my idea to leave, I mean, my pack said-,”
“W-Wait, your pack? Don’t you mean the pack?”
“No, I meant my pack. I’m the Alpha.”
“Sam, can that happen?”
“It’s perfectly normal for a woman to become the Alpha of the pack,” Sam said. “And besides….She has the look of an Alpha, I can see it.”

Eleanor blushed as Sam complimented her, and looked to Paul. He had a defeated look upon him, and when he looked at her, she put a smug look on her face and he frowned. Emily brought out lunch one by one, and Eleanor wasn’t surprised at the way they were eating, in fact she had two more like them in Hobart, and one more at home. She swore she saw blurs instead of their hands. However, she ate slowly; something inside of her wouldn’t let her eat as much as she normally would. The guys noticed this, but shrugged it off and kept eating.

They all stopped eating and straightened up as they heard a car stopping in front of their house.

“That must be Jacob!” Bella exclaimed, leaving the table and walking towards the door. Jacob. The name kept repeating in her mind as she heard the door opening and a voice calling Bella’s name. Eleanor stood up, not knowing that the pack was looking at her in confusion. She slowly walked to where Bella was, and saw a very muscular male spinning Bella in the air in a tight hug. When he put Bella down, he looked at Eleanor. His eyes went wide and his mouth fell to a nice O shape. Bella didn’t notice, so she walked over to Eleanor and introduced them.

“Ella, this is Jacob Black. Jake, this is my friend Eleanor Princeton.”

They did nothing. They just stood there staring at each other. Judging by Jacob’s look, he knew who she was. He looked at her with the same dumbfounded look, while Eleanor looked blankly, with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. He gulped and stuttered a few times.

“Hello Jacob.” Eleanor said with a smile, though it was misleading. She clenched her fist and brought it up swiftly, punching Jacob across the face. He groaned in pain at the impact, and held his cheek. A gasp came from behind them; Eleanor turned around and saw everyone looking at them, wide-eyed. Not caring, she turned back to Jacob, who was still holding his now redden face.

“I probably deserved that,” Jacob said.
“You think!?” Eleanor scoffed, and she walked away from them out of the door.

She turned around, still walking forward, as Bella called out for her. She had forgotten the steps of the porch and she fell forward. She would have crashed onto the ground, if not a pair of strong arms had wrapped around her and saved her from embarrassment. She gasped as the person holding her was the same boy she had seen the first day she arrived to Forks. The same pull was there, as he looked into her eyes, she felt like they had known each other since the beginning of time. He smiled softly at her, and she smiled back. The need to kiss him was in her, but she didn’t even know him.

‘Hi.” He said, still smiling at her.
“H-Hi.” She replied shyly.

She hadn’t realized that she was in the air, until he slowly put her down on the ground. He let go of her hesitantly, but grasped her hand softly shaking it.

“I’m Seth.” He said.
“Eleanor.” His hand was warm to the touch, though it wasn’t a normal warm feeling. ‘He must be apart of their pack.’ They turned around, the pack walking out of the house to find Seth and Eleanor holding hands.

“Seth what are you doing?” A voice came from behind him. He turned around, letting go of Eleanor’s hand stepping to the side, revealing her.

Eleanor cocked an eyebrow slightly in surprise, her mouth falling a little. Leah Clearwater. She wanted to laugh in disbelief that she was standing in front of the exact person she never wanted to see again. She closed her mouth and ruffled her eyebrows again, glaring at her. Leah looked back at her in confusion, but furrowing her brows as well.

“Leah Clearwater.”
“Do I know you?” She hadn’t recognized Eleanor, though Eleanor recognized her. She hadn’t changed that much.
“If you want to pour fish heads on me I’ll be at home.” And Eleanor walked past her, nudging her shoulder with Leah’s. She hadn’t seen Leah’s mouth drop from realization. She had just come across someone she humiliated throughout middle school. She turned around watching her walk away, stunned at the sight of her.

Bella ran after Eleanor, calling her name. Eleanor stopped dead in her tracks, but not from Bella’s cries for her. Her eyes went wide and she started to shake. Her stomach started to turn inside of her and she felt like her insides were exploding inside of her. She clenched her stomach in pain and she crouched to the floor, not able to take a step further.

“Ella, what’s wrong!?” Bella asked, crouching to her side. The pack appeared behind them, in shock of the sight. But she couldn’t hear her. A ringing sound filled her ears and the voices were muffled and distorted. She started breathing uncontrollably, her vision started to fade. She felt something rise up from her stomach, she tried to hold it back, but she let it go without her control. Bella’s eyes went horribly wide at the sight of the blood pouring from Eleanor’s throat. She coughed out the last remaining drops, and went wide eyed at the pool of blood in front of her. Her breathing became normal, but her vision was going again, until she finally fainted next to her blood, shaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes it! this took me six hours to write along with breaks in the middle! So now you all know whose in the casket. Poor Masson :(

But what has happened to Eleanor? will she be alright?