Following The Sheep

This Might Suck

Jaycee had never been the one to make her own decisions, She did what everyone else did, followed the crowd just to fit in. Now sitting in her History class in the front row she stared at the upbeat new teacher. He was a strange fellow jumping around the room on the balls of his feet. He went by Mr. Sokol, he was a short guy with a shaved head, and he wore a pin stripe black shirt with a green tie, with dark blue jeans and white converse.

“Okay class” the teacher yelled, snapping Jaycee out of her thoughts. “We aren’t doing work on the first day of class” the room cheered, there was a catch there is always a catch.

“Instead you get to listen to me talk for about an hour and a half” everyone groaned.

“So you know how everyone seems to do the same thing, reaching for the same goals, wanting the same ideal life?” Mr. Sokol asked rubbing his hands together.

“That’s not the life you want right? You don’t like the way you act toward people or even how you dress” These questions seemed to be directed straight toward Jaycee.

“You feel that the only way to be liked is to act the same as everyone else?” He said looking around the room. Jaycee turned to look at her class, the teenagers were passing notes, sleeping or just simply staring at their desk.

“So, let me ask you this who knows what knowledge is?” Mr. Sokol turned to the students to find no one was answering “Come on guys, this will go a lot faster if you join in on my conversation, I can’t talk to myself”

“Knowledge is something you know” A timid girl named Sarah spoke in a mouse like voice.

“No Knowledge is something you learn as life goes on the older you get the more knowledge you have, that’s why adults think they know it all.” Taylor said rolling her eyes, this was the girl who said what she wanted even if it meant sitting alone at lunch, Jaycee wanted that attitude, the one that you don’t give a rats butt what others think of you, the only opinion that matters is your own.

“Not exactly Knowledge is power, power created with the freedom of speech” Mr. sokol stood in the front of the class. “You have to separate yourself from the pack stand up for what you believe in don’t let people push you around, you push those people right back. Not literally but it’s the same idea. Don’t believe in what you’re told to do, do it your own way, make your own path.” With that the bell rang.

Jaycee walked out of class, her expensive purse hanging from her arm, contemplating what her teacher had just said. She turned to see Taylor walk out of the class room. She decided to mold her ‘I don’t give a crap mentality to her life and step away from the even if she is a loner for the rest of her life, at least people will like her for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its rushed and sloppy i knew what i wanted for this story but i couldnt get it down on paper =[ srry
JESSICA haha!