Contagious Chemistry

A Chain Of Broken Hearts

The sound of the engine cut when Ally turn off the ignition. She sighed as she leaned back onto the leather seat of her car as her fingers tapped onto the steering wheel. The air was getting hotter and stuffier, but she needed a time to think. After dropping Casey off with Jack and drove back to LA, she wanted to visit John. Her thought was filled with what she would say or what she would do when she saw him.

Truth to be told, Ally really fell in love with John. He treated her differently and he gave her a whole lot different love than Stephen, but her heart chose his older brother instead of John. She took a deep breath before slapping her sunglasses over her eyes and got out from the car. After locking it, her legs brought her to the glass sliding doors of the hospital lobby. The cold and air-freshened air of the inside stung her nostrils as she passed through doctors, nurses or people. Some teenagers who were there noticed her and whispered to her friends.

Ally was kind of annoyed with how people easily noticed her. Sure, it was kind of the ‘special effect’ from her career, but she never knew that it would be so annoying. When she was already in front of the door with a sign that said ‘John Gomez, 116’, she sighed as her hand took the doorknob. Before she could turn it around, someone already did from the other side.

The door swung open as Ally snatched back her hand and revealing Brian. He smiled as he saw Ally. “Hey, Al!”, he exclaimed and pulled Ally into a friendly hug. “So glad to see you.”

“Hey, Bri.”, Ally chuckled and they pulled away. She peeked from Brian’s shoulder and saw John was talking with Jess, and it looked like they didn’t notice that she was in front of the door. “Is it okay if I come in?”

Brian took a glance back and shrugged his shoulders. “Sure, but I don’t know about Jess…”

Suddenly, Jess’s head snapped to their direction and her eyes bewildered when she saw Ally. “Ugh, I can’t stand to be in the same room as her.”, Jess groaned loudly before standing up, said her goodbye to John and walked out from the room, shoving Ally’s shoulder on her way.

When Jess already disappeared in the corner, Brian sighed and patted Ally’s shoulder in a comforting manner. “I’m sorry about her.”

“She has all the rights to do that.”, Ally muttered before flashing a small smile to Brian.

“Anyway, I’m going out to get some In-N-Out, the patient is already hungry. Do you want some?”

Ally nodded. “Yeah, sure.”

Brian grinned before patting Ally’s shoulder again and walked out. She sighed and got into the room with Josh’s and John’s eyes were on her. “Hey… guys.”

“Okay, I better go.”, Josh mumbled as he stood up and darted out from the room, leaving John and Ally alone. John stared at the girl in front of his bed and he patted the chair next to his bed, where Josh sat before. Ally walked and sat on the chair.

They stayed quiet for a few minutes before John’s hand cupped Ally’s cheek and his thumb drew an imaginary circle on her jaw line. “Hey.”

Ally looked up to John’s green orbs, the exact opposite of her ocean eyes. “Hey.”
“I really wish that car didn’t hit me so I could talk to you last night.”

She giggled on his dark humor before placing her hand on top of his. “But we’re talking now.”

He nodded and leaned back on his bed. “So, I’ve missed you.”

Ally swallowed the lump in her throat and looked down to their now intertwined fingers. She wanted to say she missed him too, but it would be wrong. It would be unfair to Jack and Stephen, even though she was trying to forget about his older brother. “Me too.”, she choked out.

“What are you doing here in LA? I thought you went back to Arizona.”

“I actually live here, and the band is recording the new record.”

“Same here, but not the ‘living here’ part.”

They both laughed quietly in unison. It felt really good to see John laughing again for Ally, because he looked different. He grew up and he looked more mature, even though Ally still could see his inner child, the John that she fell in love to three years ago from his eyes. Then, they just looked to each other’s eyes when suddenly, the door swung open.

“John!”, a voice squealed. Ally quickly backed away from John and snatched her hand back, turning her attention to the blonde, who was now throwing her arms around John. “Oh my God, John! I’m so worried about you! are you okay?”

John peeked to Ally, who was still staring at them awkwardly, from the corner of his eyes. He felt really bad and wanted to punch himself because he knew that Ally’s heart was breaking right now. “I’m fine, thanks to Ally over here.”

Ally looked up nervously to them as she cracked a little smile. “It’s no big deal.”, she muttered.

Lori took off her arms from John and narrowed her eyes at Ally. She could feel that Ally was some kind of threat to her relationship with John. “Who are you? I’ve never seen you before.”

“I-I-I’m…”, Ally stuttered, not knowing what to say. She was nervous and in the edge of tears, but she knew that the girl who was bitching up in front of her was John’s girlfriend. Girlfriend. That word buzzed in her mind.

“She’s my friend. We met at Warped three years ago, and she was Stephen’s ex.”, John cut her off. “We haven’t met for those three years.”

“Y-Yeah.”, Ally added. She stood up and fixed the skirt of her dress. “I have to go. Hope you’ll get better soon, John.”

John’s smile dropped but Lori smirked victoriously. Ally just flashed a fake smile before rushing out from the room. She ignored Josh’s scream of her name when she left and rushed through Brian when they passed each other on the lobby. The hot sun scorched down as soon as Ally got out from the cool hospital.

Her car was parked not too far but her legs felt like they weighed more than a thousand pounds. Then, someone put their hand on her shoulder, making her stopped and turned around.

“Why are you leaving?”, Stephen asked after Ally turned her body around completely.

“I’m not supposed to be here, Stephen, and you’re not suppose to stop me!”, she hissed as she struggled out from Stephen’s grip, but couldn’t. His hands cupped both of her cheeks. “Stephen, stop!”

“I’m not letting you slip away again, Ally, I won’t.”, he whispered before pressing his lips on hers. Little did they know, someone was watching them from the hospital lobby. Jess stood there, frozen on her spot. Tears rolled out from her eyes and her heart was aching as it beat. She knew that Stephen never loved her like he loved Ally, he never looked at her like he looked at Ally, he never laughed with her like he laughed with Ally, he never.

“You’re so stupid, Jess.”, she mumbled to herself as she wiped all the tears away.
♠ ♠ ♠
here you go
comments/subscribe? and seriously,i'm a sucker for comments:c
<3