Contagious Chemistry

Despair

Their legs tangled as they lie on the bed with their fingers laced. The room was dark and the only lighting source was from the moonlight that shined through the wide glass sliding doors to the balcony. They opened the door a bit, making some cool night air blew into the room. Their steady breathing was the only sounds and to each other, it was like music to their ears.

Stephen scooted closer and kissed Ally’s temple tenderly before pulling away, looking into her ocean eyes. His heart accelerated when he looked deeply into them, trying to read what was on her mind. Her eyes were like warm oceans, with a burst of hazel around the pupils. He tucked a piece of her shiny auburn hair into the back of her ear. “What are you thinking?”, he asked, breaking the perfect silent.

She shrugged her shoulders a bit. “I don’t know. I’ve never felt this peaceful for years, so I’m not thinking about anything.”

“Me too.”, Stephen whispered before pressing his lips on hers softly and gently. Ally slipped in her fingers into his tousled dark hair and locked them onto it. Their lips moved in sync and Stephen’s hands were now on her waist, moving her on top of him. She straddled his waist and her hands slipped into the inside of his t-shirt but then, she pulled away.

Their breathings were heavy and short because of the heat and Stephen cocked his eyebrows on her action. “What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?”

“N-No, it’s just… Casey is in the next room. Sleeping.”, Ally whispered while her eyes flickered to the door. Stephen’s eyes widened and made an O shaped with his lips. “It’s just… we’re going to be loud and she’s going to wake up… and—“

Stephen burst out into a quiet laugh and he sat up, making Ally got off from him. He cupped her chin and pulled her face closer before pecking her lips softly. “I understand, and you don’t wanna think we’re making a baby brother or sister for her, huh?”

Ally’s cheeks burned and she looked down when Stephen said that. It’d be weird when Casey found out that Stephen is her father and she’d probably ask so many questions, starting with who was Jack and why was he there her whole life.

“Hey, you okay?”, Stephen asked as he played with a piece of her hair. “You looked flushed.”

“Y-Yeah, I’m okay, I’m just… confused.”

“With what?”

“You know… like… what am I gonna do now? You’re back, John’s back too, and I don’t know what I’m going to do with Jack. I don’t want to break another heart, Steph, I don’t want to be called a slut again.”

The memory of three years ago when they were doing the Warped that changed their lives swarmed both of their minds. The gossip about their rectangle love had blown to one mouth to the other, making Ally got the nickname ‘Warped Slut’. Stephen pulled her into his arms and held her tightly as her body trembled when the tears streamed down.

They stayed in silent, only Ally’s muffled sobbing filled the room. His hand ran up and down her back in a soothing manner, trying to calm her down. He wished he could’ve win the argument three years ago so he could keep her and Casey and raised her together with Ally, but he couldn’t turn back the time.

They stayed in that position until the bright orange rays shined into the room and birds were chirping as they resting on the balcony railing. Ally fell asleep in his arms with her head leaned on his shoulders. Stephen set her down on the bed before slipping out from the bed and grabbed his phone and wallet from the nightstand.

“I have to go now.”, he crouched beside the bed and whispered in Ally’s ear. “But I’ll be back later, okay?”

Ally nodded slightly. “Promise?”, she whispered while her eyes were still closed.

Stephen nodded. “I promise.”, he whispered back and kissed her cheek before standing up and walking out from the room. Casey’s puppy barked as he walked by Casey’s room and then, the door swung open slowly, revealing Casey with her pajamas.

“Uncle Stephen?”, she yawned sleepily while rubbing her eyes with her tiny fists. “Is that you?”

He stopped and crouched down so they were on the same eye level. “Yeah, sweetie, I’m leaving now, I have something to do, but I promise I’ll be here soon.”

“I want to play with you.”, she frowned while she intensely stare into Stephen’s brown eyes with her turquoise pools. Stephen pursed his lips, feeling bad to the toddler that was his own daughter.

“I promise I’ll be back soon, sweetheart, we’ll play later.”
Casey smiled widely and nodded her head vigorously. “Okay.”

“Don’t wake mommy, okay? She’s tired. Just wait for her to wake up.”, Stephen kissed the little girl’s temple before standing up again and continued his way. He rushed down the stairs and went to the foyer. He grabbed his keys from the table there before opening the front door.

“Stephen?!”, Jack shouted with his eyes widened. Stephen froze on his spot with his hand still on the doorknob. “What the fuck are you doing here!?”

“I was comforting Ally after you left her!”, Stephen said through his gritted teeth.

I left her? She was the one who want me to leave her!”, Jack poked Stephen’s chest with his long finger, leaving a sore spot where he poked it. “You’re making this hard for her, Stephen, why the hell you have to come back anyway!?”

“Probably because I was made for her! Even though she ran away to the end of the world, I’d be there! You can’t separate me from her!”

Then, Jack grabbed the hem of Stephen’s shirt with one hand as his other hand balled into a fist and ran across Stephen’s jaw. Casey who was standing at the end of foyer screamed in the top of her lungs. Jack realized what he did and his hand released Stephen’s shirt, making Stephen fell onto the wooden floor.

“Shit… Casey.”, Jack muttered as he walked passed Stephen and walked slowly to the frighten toddler. “Case-bear, I’m sorry.”

Tears started to stream down her pale cheeks and she walked back until Ally came down the stairs, her eyes widened on the view. “What is going on here!?”

“Mommy!”, Casey cried and ran up to her mother, hugging Ally’s legs. “Uncle Jack punched Uncle Stephen.”

Ally glared at Jack as she picked Casey up to her arms. “Why did you do it, Jack!? I’ve never thought you could do it! In front of Casey!”

“I-I’m sorry, Ally, please, it’s just a misunderstanding.”, Jack pleaded and he tried to take a step forward, trying to compromise with Ally.

“No! Get the hell out of here! I don’t wanna see your face again!”, Ally snapped and there was a silent followed. Jack bit his bottom lip before turning on his heels and rushed out through the front door. Stephen was still lying on the foyer, helplessly.

“Uncle Stephen.”, Casey struggled out from her mother’s arms and ran to Stephen’s side. “Uncle Stephen, are you okay?”, she sat down next to him and poked his cheek with her little index finger.

Stephen’s eyes fluttered open and he smiled when he saw his daughter. “I’m fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the crappy chapter,well,for me it's crappy
anyway,Ally lost her iPod because she accidentally put it inside the gift bag she gave for Jack and Alex,but then Evan(Kirkendall) tweeted her saying Matt(Flyzik) took care of it and gave it to the airport security,but again,the security lost it
hope this could cheer her up
anyway,comment/subscribe?
<3