Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

There's a Story at the Bottom of This Bottle

Collide

I stood out in the rain, just staring out at the water. It was dark out again, the last time I checked the time it was 9 P.M, but that felt like hours ago. I found myself at the docks more than often, it's started to become a habit. I didn't plan for rain but oh well, I figured. I was in leggings and a hoodie, and I was already soaking wet. I let out a sigh and started to walk away from the docks. I looked up towards the sky, at the rain falling and just smiled. I liked this actually, I mean sure it was cold but otherwise it was peaceful. I have always loved the rain, and I definitely needed this. I didn't know where to go, I just got done being at the hospital for about a week straight. Mom was getting worse, and could barely find the energy to speak. I didn't want to go back to the apartment because Alex has being very loving and it's very overwhelming. It's just too much for me right now, I know it would be good for me but I still can't bring myself to be happy or care about anything right now. I found out that in the time my mother was in the hospital, before she worsened, she had already set up all of her arrangements. She explained it as, it's too much for you girls and fuck your father he's worthless.
I heard a car slowing to a stop and I glanced over to see Alex's car. He rolled down the window.
"Need a ride, Miss?" He smirked, I flashed a small smile and nodded. He unlocked the car and I got in. He turned on the heater so I could warm up. He just stared at me with a smile on his face. It made me feel awkward.
"Uh... Sorry I'm getting your car wet."
"I don't even care, it's totally fine. Why were you out there?" He asked with a voice I felt like I had never heard before, it felt warm. I stared at him with mascara stained eyes and tried to figure him out, why after all these years does he cares so fucking much. It drives me insane, I don't know why. Maybe there is just too much going on but all I know is that I just don't understand Alexander Gaskarth. "Are you in there Lola?" he laughed.
"Yeah, sorry I got lost in thought. I don't know why I was out there and then it started raining. I didn't mind too much." I shrugged. He gave a chuckle and started to drive.
"You hungry?"
"A little. Maybe we can just eat at the apartment." I didn't feel hungry at all, given the fact I haven't eaten almost anything in the week I've been with mom. I saw Alex side glance at me.
"You sure you don't want good food? You've been at the hospital for a week and only God knows what they serve to the people there." he tried to joke.
"Yeah, I'll be fine." I just stared out the window as the street lights passed.

**Alex's point of view**

I laid awake, I actually never fell asleep. I watched Lola as she slept next to me, I know it seemed creepy but I haven't been able to do this since that time we slept at her old house. a small beam of sunlight through the clouds began to shine through the window, giving Lola this glow. The rain left her hair messy and stringy but for some reason she was the most captivating woman I've ever seen. She smelt of the best things, a mixture of weed, cigarettes, booze, and vanilla. I could tell she hadn't been eating, her cheeks had a hallowed look to them, and by the way she spoke and how dazed she seemed. I couldn't believe that I actually convinced her to sleep in my room with me.
I watched as Lola pushed her food around on her plate as she glance around the apartment.
"You good over there?" I questioned. She locked eyes with me, her eyes had this sunken in look and her bags were very dark.
"Yup, just not too hungry. I feel tired but I haven't been able to sleep." she explained. I nodded and started to think.
"Well we could go smoke in my room and just relax for now, we don't have anything to do tonight. Plus it's like 1 A.M. anyways." I suggested and she just nodded and got up, taking her plate to the sink. She had already changed briefly but didn't do much besides change her clothes. Her hair was a mess and, what little make up she had on, was smeared from the rain and maybe from crying. But even with all of that, she was so damn beautiful to me. How did I ever fuck this up?
We sat on my bed smoking for what seemed like hours. I could tell she was finally getting tired, she stared to doze off.
"You could stay in here, I can go sleep in the other room. You look too comfy." I whispered to her trying not to wake her too much, she barely opened her eyes and then closed them again and just nodded. I went to get up but I felt something touch my hand. Her hand was reaching out, barely touching me. I moved my hand back and she grabbed it. I stared at her for what felt like a lifetime before getting up and changing into something to sleep in. I gently laid next to her, keeping my hands to myself in fear of if I touched her she would simply turn to dust and fade away. I've had too many dreams that resembled this scene and the fact that I knew this was real made me that much happier.

Her eyes began to flutter a bit so I closed mine, steadying my breathing as if I was asleep. I felt the bed shifting and I gave it a few moment before opening my eyes. It was like she was a ghost, not even a sound was made but she was no were in sight. I laid there staring at the spot she was just at, losing track of time. Next thing I knew I smelt coffee, I got up and went out into the living room to find Lola with a cup of coffee, staring out the window at the rainfall. She heard my feet shuffling and glanced towards me, flashing me that small, fake smile she has been giving me the past few weeks.
"Morning, Lola."
"I don't think I want to go back to Vegas. I want to stay here. Not here here but in town." She said abruptly. I stared blankly at her for a second processing what she was saying.
"What's wrong with here here?" I asked, she glanced back out the window and mumbled something. "I couldn't hear you."
"I don't know if it's healthy for me right now?" she explained. I stared getting angry but I stopped myself. I composed myself.
"Why wouldn't it be? who would you stay with? I don't think being alone is good for your health, actually. And don't say Lyric, because you know that means the same thing as alone since she is always M.I.A." I waited for her to reply but she continued to stare out the window. "How about you give it some time? It's not like your burdening me. I don't have much to do and that way I can spend time with you and help you with anything. Everyone else is always too damn busy, and I know you need a friend right now."
"A friend." she whispered as she watched the rainfall. Why did she have to be so damn beautiful? she sipped her coffee and avoided my eye contact. I walked up to her.
"Yes, a friend. Despite the fact that we didn't know each other very well before you moved next door, I honestly believe we would have became friends anyways. I may have fallen in love with you the moment I saw you, but I truly believe if you didn't show any interest in me, and after a while of chasing you I think I would've given up and just settled for your friendship. Because having you as a friend is better than not having you at all, and I can't even imagine a life without you, Lola." She finally looked at me. "So yes, a friend is what I'll call it if that makes you feel a bit more comfortable with the fact that I am deeply and madly in love with everything about you and want to marry you one day and have kids with you. You can either deal with it or move very far away, because I believe in fate, Lola. And I believe fate brought us together and fate is final, it's meant to be, we're meant to be. I understand I have fucked up in so many ways but I was stupid. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. And sure, I still don't know completely what I am doing but we can figure that out together. I'm willing to walk to the ends of the earth to just see that beautiful fucking smile of yours and those gorgeous eyes, and that nice ass." she let out a small laugh but I actually got to hear a real laugh and she even flash a bit of that smile. "And I know you are going through a lot, but don't you even think for a fucking second that I won't be there, because I will be there. I will do anything for you and do anything to make you smile.I'd do anything just to be near you, or even just to kiss you again. Because I'd rather fight with you than laugh with anyone else. I'd rather have had die on the first day that I gave you a kiss, than spend the rest of my life knowing I never did."
She stared at me in silence with a soft look on her face. She didn't speak for who knows how long, we just stared at each other. "Do it." she whispered. I looked at her with confusion. "Kiss me again." the words barely came out of her mouth.
It was a matter of seconds before our lips gently collided. My hands found their place in her hair and she placed hers on my chest and tugged on my shirt lightly. I picked her up without breaking the kiss, she was so light and small. Her legs wrapped around my waist and she tightened her grip on me. I carried her back into my bedroom and laid her down on the bed, still not breaking our lip-lock. Things heated up very quickly, next thing we knew hours passed and our clothes were scattered around the room. She laid curled up in my arms trying to catch her breath and I just held her as close as possible, running my hands all over her body, She started to squirm a bit.
"Alex, a fifth time is not needed. It's already 8 P.M." she laughed breathlessly as she ran her fingers through my hair.
"I'm sorry. i can't help myself. I'm just making up for lost time." I said as I kissed down her neck and chest. She closed her eyes and let out a small moan when I gave her a small bite. I ran my tongue down her body and let my hands explore further down. "Are you sure I can't do anything more for you, baby." I whispered against her inner thigh as I used my fingers to play with her. She let me finish her off again and I still went ahead and went for a fifth round while she was still soaking down there. She screamed my name out and it bounced off the walls. I loved every noise she made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lola

Quote/Chapter credits: Private fears in public places by Front Porch Step. Collide by Howie Day.