Champions.

Stephen King

He started from a humble, rather tragic beginning. Father walked out at two, witnessed a friend struck and killed by a train at a very young age, and his mother had many financial problems, trying to raise 2 boys on her own.

Stephen King is called the King of Horror, but his determination and perseverance can, and IS an inspiration for writers of every genre.

I first picked up a Stephen King book back in fourth grade. I was the nerdy kid who was always reading when she should have been doing something else. The name of the book was "Bag of Bones". It had came out a few years earlier. I remember being so intrigued by the way he put the simplest things, even though I didn't quite understand the whole plot. He, Nora Roberts, and Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (Alice Series) influenced me to be the writer I am today.

Stephen's audacity to write about 'other world' matters showed me that I can write about any idea that pops into my head, no matter how silly or unconventional it sounds. Mr. King is a horror writer, but all writings have meaning and carries over into the next forte. He taught me how to draw up a scene, to catch my readers attention with small details and intricate plots, and to BAM! Surprise them with a curveball that you didn't see coming.

Stephen King is my Champion, my Hero. Despite adversity, he made it to the top, so much so that he has made a name for himself worldwide.

King of Horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 I love his writing!