Champions.

Logan Henderson.

As with most things in my life, it started with lust.

Among my friends, I’m known as the “boy-crazy one.” I’m not going to deny that title because that’s who I am, I’m entranced by the opposite sex.

I’m nineteen years old, and I watch Spongebob Squarepants religiously. Nickelodeon tends to shove whatever new show they’ve come out with down their viewers’ throats, and that’s how I became exposed to Big Time Rush. At first, I thought it was another ridiculous show filled with cute boys and aimed at a tweeny audience, but there was one thing that made me vaguely interested in watching: him.

He wasn’t one of the main characters, and I only really caught a glimpse of him in one of the first commercials. He wasn’t one of the “hot” ones, so they gave him less screentime.

Even though I was slightly intrigued by this fair-skinned, chocolate-eyed boy, I still refused to watch the show. It looked like mindless garbage about some stupid boy band.

If I hadn’t fallen asleep watching Spongebob, I would have never watched Big Time Rush.

I woke up about halfway through the first hour-long sneak peek episode that Nickelodeon aired constantly. Against my better judgment, I watched it, telling myself that there was nothing else on.

I fell in love with it.

I loved all of the characters, their friendship, and how they were portrayed by the actors. Their songs were extremely catchy, and I would find myself singing them in the shower or while I was cooking dinner.

Logan Henderson didn’t become my muse until I was urged by one of my friends to write about him. She had started a Big Time Rush story centered around one of the other guys, and after hearing about my crush on Logan, she pushed me to watch the show more and write my own Logan-centric story.

She created a monster.

At first, it was just infatuation, but now that infatuation has evolved into respect. I love that he can bring such life into his character, making him more than just the typical “nerdy” friend in Big Time Rush. The main thing I love about Logan Henderson is that he knew what he wanted to do in life when he was only sixteen and worked at achieving his goal despite many obstacles. I have deep admiration for that; I only really knew what I wanted to do with my life my senior year of high school.

I admire him because he grew up in a small town in Texas, moved to Hollywood, and became something big. I live in a small town in South Carolina, and sometimes it feels as though I’ll never escape, but I think that if Logan can do it, so can I.

Logan Henderson is my champion.