Champions.

Avenged Sevenfold and Jimmy Sullivan

There comes a time in everyone’s lives where you only have so many options. For me I came to the point three years ago. I asked a stupid question, worded it completely wrong and it came out that I didn’t trust that person. That person was someone very important to me, someone who took me into their home when my mom couldn’t handle me anymore. I lived with them for almost six years until this incident; needless to say I got kicked out. All I could think was “Damn, I ruin everything that is good in my life”, I came back to live with my mom, in a province that wasn’t anything that I liked, started at a new school and had to make new friends all over again. Music became my refuge. It was the one thing, besides reading and writing that made me feel at home. It wasn’t until I started listening to Avenged Sevenfold that I started to realize that I said stupid things, I did stupid things but that no matter the mistake I made, I could learn from it and add another option to the two I already had: I could a) continue living with my head up my ass, b) I could kill myself or c) I could live each day like it was my last, live it to its fullest and never look back. Obviously I chose option c; since I’m still alive and I don’t have my head up my ass.

Avenged Sevenfold may be my heroes but Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan was my idol. I looked up to him and his crazy, one of a kind attitude. And when he passed on my birthday I didn’t feel like I did. And it took me awhile to get back to actually living. I defend him- I will defend him at all costs, because he is my idol and he’s way of living was his business and I don’t care what anyone says, he was a great man, an insane drummer and an amazing person. My only regret, is not ever having the opportunity to meet such an amazing person.
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP Jimmy