Status: Active. More comments mean more updates! :)

Forcibly Wedded: The Billionaire’s Convenient Wife

A Marriage of Convenience

Arms tightening across her body, Anzu shivered. "Th-That was not in the least bit funny."

Seto's glinting blue eyes narrowed on her face. "It will, of course, only be a marriage of convenience," he added as though she had not spoken. "I doubt if any other woman would be prepared to offer him the genuine affection that you could give him."

"I suppose you're right—"

"I am." Sounding abrupt, Seto moved across the room. "Elian needs a mother, and as I have no one in my life to fulfill that role, it would seem the logical thing to do is make you my wife."

Anzu stared at him in bewilderment, her heart bouncing in her breast like a kid's rubber ball. "You're suggesting that the only way I'll be in Elian's life is if I agree to this 'marriage of convenience' with you?"

His offered a shrug. "That is correct." Throwing himself into a chair, he arched both eyebrows. "Of course, I must also point out that I can go in an entirely different direction."

"What do you mean?"

"I can lodge an application to formally adopt Elian," he threatened coolly. "Then you will never see him again."

"You can't do that!" she managed shakily. "He's my sister's only child!"

"Watch me," that oh, so hateful voice drawled. "Unless you accept the terms I'm offering, you leave me little option but to take the matter to court."

Remaining silent, Anzu's mind could hardly fathom his rash threats, and her anxiety increased. The extensive legal fees would take a large chunk of her funds. She wouldn't win and he knew it.

Seto moved across the room to stand in front of her, and his sudden close proximity tightened highly strung nerves. Glancing up at him, she saw the volatile look in his eyes and shivered.

"This is about Elian." he reminded quietly. "And what is best for him. He looks for you whenever you are not in the room, did you know?"

She didn't. Just as she didn't know this stunning man could also be so terribly gentle. Turning her mind to practicalities of the situation, Anzu knew what she had to do.

"Just suppose I said yes…what are the terms?"

The fierce look in his eyes reminded her of a man used to getting his way despite the number of people he trampled over. The word 'ruthless' fit his disposition perfectly.

"Your main objective would be playing the role of Elian's mother. You will live with me for the duration of the marriage and must always put his needs first...agreed?"

Anzu jerked her head in the affirmative, irked by his controlling ways as if he saw himself as a demigod. More than likely, she thought nastily.

"What about my work and my contract with the agency?"

It was obvious her returning to work and to London would be impossible. His azure-eyed glance spoke volumes as to his feelings and she would remember to have her things sent over and put her flat on the market.

"Are you expecting us to be intimate?" she asked bluntly, yet feeling hot color flood her cheeks.

A hint of a wry smile touched the corners of his mouth. "I have the same needs as any other red-blooded male, Anzu. And as a woman you must share similar needs." His mouth drew a grim line. "I will not tolerate infidelity in any guise."

Anzu opened her mouth then closed it. Would he feel insulted if she told him to satisfy his needs elsewhere? Yet as she entertained the thought, a sick feeling of jealousy killed it.

Remembering what happened earlier, and the sheets of her bed had not yet cooled, she felt herself sinking in the steam of her own embarrassment.

"Will you miss him?"

A delicate frown creased her smooth brow at Seto's question. "Who?"

"Dalton."

"I won't." Shutting her eyes, Anzu knew the lie she told. She would miss Zach—they'd been friends since university—but for any other reason there was nothing to grieve.

When she opened her eyes, she caught him staring at her with a mixture of disbelief and frustration. "I will give you two days to make up your mind," he offered.

"Thank you for that small crumb," she hit back. "Aren't you afraid I'll have second thoughts about the marriage?"

"No," Seto said confidently. "I've made an appointment with a realtor. You, and of course, Elian will accompany me to Watsons Bay tomorrow."

"Oh! You've thought of everything, haven't you?" Anzu flared. "I can't believe you're basing yourself in Sydney. What about your company in Japan?"

"I have a private jet at my disposal. Traveling back and forth will be relatively easy as I've been doing this for years." He shrugged and moved away. "I expect you and Elian to accompany me on these trips abroad."

Biting back a frustrated growl, Anzu pushed her fingers through her wavy brown hair and sighed. "You have a slick answer for everything, don't you?"

"Indeed?"

She wanted to fling herself at him in rage. "I think I hate you," she bit out.

He smiled then, his face taking on a totally new look. "A healthy emotion," he said. "I'd be worried if you felt nothing at all for me."

"Trust me," Anzu struck back. "It's the only emotion I'd ever allow myself to feel for you."

A throaty chuckle escaped Seto's lips. "I can live with that."

Totally private and just minutes from the harbor beaches with direct private access, the luxury oasis with its manicured grounds and stunning garden stood with loads of charm and sunlit spaces.

"There's a double magic button garage with internal access to the garden and a huge store room," the realtor explained. "And separate sleeping quarters for a housekeeper. Shall we take a look inside?"

Seto nodded then held out his arms toward her. "Give him to me," he matched her stare for stare. "You can explore the house and tell me what you think."

"You're not joining us?" Anzu frowned, reluctantly exchanging Elian for the guide he was holding.

"I am," Elian gurgled disappointedly, twisting round to see her. A triumphant glow warmed her insides as he stretched short arms for her. "He's become attached to you."

"Yes," her smile was blinding. "The realtor is waiting for us…"

The main bedroom was truly a master piece of architectural design featuring a huge sun drenched private deck and eye-catching beach and water views. Stunning open plan gourmet kitchen, ideal for a chef, and indoor and outdoor living and entertaining areas.

"Does it meet your expectations?" Seto ran his eyes over her face. "There are a few houses on the list we haven't been to."

"No, this is fine. It's very beautiful." Anzu stopped and frowned at him. Or rather, at her traitorous nephew whose head was resting on Seto's shoulder appearing relaxed.

"Are there any changes you wish to make?"

She bit back a retort about his unusual complacency. He'd been civil and patient this morning, while she was spoiling for a fight.

"None," her face hurt as she forced another smile his way. "It's perfect."

Seto gave her a bland look that didn't quite mask the exasperation she could see simmering under his skin. He walked away, but not before she caught the tightened lips that spelled anger in bold black letters.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hope you're liking this story so far as much as I am myself. :)