Status: Active. More comments mean more updates! :)

Forcibly Wedded: The Billionaire’s Convenient Wife

In a Foul Mood

Hair wrapped in one of the towels she'd found hanging on the rack, Anzu wandered over to the private deck, the wood warm beneath her bare feet as she stepped onto it.

It was truly pitch-black out there but she caught the sound of music by the harbor. It wasn't far away, and as her eyes grew used to the darkness she managed to make out the shape of a small boat not far from the beach.

"You'll catch a cold if you stay out here for much longer," Seto's lazy drawl drifted across to her. He was standing by the door, blue eyes glowing in the faint moonlight.

They hardly made any contact in the last week. She hadn't spoken to him at all since Wednesday—hadn't wanted to and ignored every opportunity. And after attending Ayaka's funeral she discovered how much she resented her sister for dying and leaving her at the mercy of this gorgeous man.

With that thought Anzu tugged at the towel, felt her damp hair touch her shoulders as she combed through the knots with her fingers. It was then she noticed Seto's stare and the intensity trapped within it.

She absolutely hated that look—hated it because she couldn't fight the basic need which welled up within her.

"I have to prepare something for dinner," Anzu whispered, starting forward on shaky legs. She flinched when he caught her arm and pressed her against him.

"Dinner can wait," he returned silkily. "It's been a hell of a week, hasn't it? I'm sorry I couldn't attend your sister's funeral."

"If you wanted to be there you would have," she rescued her arm with an angry wrench. "Don't feed me empty apologies when we both know how much you detested her when she was alive!"

Seto just stared at her, his eyes like twin daggers ready to inflict harm. Refusing to endure what was coming, Anzu slid warily around him and into the bedroom, missing the telling way he ran his palm over his face as if to wipe away the tension in it.

He appeared in the room, his strides as graceful as a panther's in the middle of stalking its prey. And like a cute, little mouse trapped by the big jungle cat, she was paralyzed and rooted to the spot.

"We keep fighting," he said finally.

Anzu nodded, a frosty pout on her lips.

"And you persist in believing you can win," he sighed. "You are not like any woman I've encountered before. I don't know how to deal with you."

His gaze sharpened. "You haven't given me a direct answer. And you've had five days to get used to the idea. I need the word, Anzu."

"You can't expect me to decide now?" she picked up.

Seto just nodded. "You had more than enough time," that cool voice drawled. "Marry me next week and become a permanent fixture in Elian's life. Don't marry me next week and I'll contact my solicitors about formally adopting him."

If Anzu could see herself, she'd probably wince at the troublesome expression she knew was on her face. Smooth, blunt and ruthlessly honest. He even bothered to repeat his threat from last week.

Her heart thumped when he drew himself closer to her. She backed away. "Alright, fine!" Anzu snapped, furious with herself for being bullied. "I'll marry you." But she wouldn't be the docile kitten he'd expect. Her claws were sharp and she'd cut his cynical heart to pieces.

"If you'll excuse me," Anzu choked, startled by the scratchy tears in her throat. "I have to prepare dinner."

"Anzu—"

"I haven't eaten since this morning," she rattled on. "And I'm sure you must be quite hungry as well. I noticed you hadn't arrived home for lunch."

"Anzu," he moved without haste but with certain purpose, taking her by the wrist and pulling her forward. "As my housekeeper Jeanette does the cooking. Remember that, will you?"

"Yes." Her brows were drawn together. "You're hurting me!"

"You deserve a little pain." Seto relaxed his hold on her, lowering his head until his mouth slanted over hers. "We'll make this arrangement between us work."

"Elian." She stated her term heavily. "Is all I want. You—I don't even like."

"But you desire me like crazy. You're turned on just by looking at me."

"I'm not," she denied.

"Let's see about that, shall we?"

Anzu protested with vigor as he propelled her across the room to the bed. Sitting down, he pulled her across his lap, holding her head still to find her mouth with his own.

She felt the warmth under her skin, and knew he felt her response. His hand slid inside her blouse, cupping her breast and arousing her so fast she could scarcely breathe.

Her voice was husky. "So all right, I want you. Is that what you want to hear?"

"Again," Seto ordered. "I'm not sure I heard you. Try it again!"

Anzu caught at his hand, desperately staying its movements, her body had a will of its own as it yielded to his mastery of seduction. "I want you," she said fiercely. "Damn you, Seto!"

His laugh had a cruel edge. "Was that so difficult?" He closed her mouth with a kiss, feeling her quiver beneath his touch. Whether it was passion or rage, he didn't know.

"Stop it!" she whispered, feeling the edge of his teeth graze the curve of her neck. "I can't think when you do that."

"Then don't think." His lips suckled the spot, bruising faultless skin with his ardor. "Close your eyes and just feel. Are your eyes closed?"

"Yes," Anzu cried out the word, wet kisses blazing across her skin like a beyond control wildfire. "Damn you. Yes."

Her heart was beating fast enough to hurt, but she dared not allow herself to believe this was something more than physical. What did it matter? She wanted him, wanted him, wanted him!

When Anzu wakened alone the following morning, her body was singing the praises of her lover's exquisite touch. Rolling over onto her back, she stared at the tented silk ceiling of her bed wondering if at all she made the right decision to marry him.

Seto was a consummate lover, but eventually his lust would burn out and they'd be stuck in a marriage neither of them wanted.

Swinging her legs out of bed, she walked to the en suite and stepped under the hot spray.

Spreading the bath lotion over her body, she erased Seto's scent from her skin, washing it down the drain as she stepped under the water.

She slipped into a pair of khaki shorts and a yellow tank, pushing her feet into a pair of brown leather sandals. She kept her hair a curtain around her face, brushing out the wet tangles with a comb.

"Good morning, Jeanette," Anzu greeted, forcing a smile as the plump woman finished decapitating the stalks of broccoli on the kitchen counter. "Has Mr. Kaiba left already?"

"He left a few hours ago, yes. He told me not to disturb you as you had a late night and would be sleeping in."

Oh, he really was a piece of work, wasn't he?

"How very kind of Mr. Kaiba," she commented bitterly.

Jeanette continued as if she hadn't heard. "Would you like some breakfast, or maybe a cup of coffee?"

"No, thank you." Anzu copied the stiffly polite tone. "I'm not very hungry." Which was surprising considering the sexual marathon last night.

Jeanette was speaking again. "I've already fed and changed the little one. He should be fast asleep. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all. I'm very grateful." Jeanette observed her with cold black eyes before returning her attention to the leg of lamb on the chopping board.

Anzu was sitting at the counter when Seto came into the kitchen. He stopped beside her. Dressed as he was in a dark tailored suit, the two top buttons of his gray shirt open and his black tie tangled in his fingers.

"Mr. Kaiba," Jeanette paused over seasoning the meat. "You're home early. I was just telling Ms. Mazaki you left a few hours ago. Did everything go well?"

"Better than expected," he said abruptly, his face holding no clue as to what he might be thinking. "If you'll excuse us, Jeanette. Ms. Mazaki and I have something to discuss."

He barely spared a glance in her direction as he walked out the room. His rigid back sending a dart of anger through her as she shot to her feet.

She listened as his footsteps retreated down the hallway, dragging her feet at a slower pace until she met him in the living room.

"You have something you wish to say to me?" Anzu pressed, squashing the tide of hurt before it rolled into her voice.

After last night and her total surrender she didn't anticipate him putting a cold distance between himself and her. She'd been nuts to let him under her guard and into her body.

"Have you told your family about our upcoming nuptials?" Seto's cool voice cut across the quiet space. Well, he'd made his feelings about her abundantly clear.

"I haven't, actually," she shrugged. "My father passed away two years ago and I'm not sure I'd like my mother to be in attendance."

"And why not?"

She met his gaze with bland control. "We're not the most typical couple, are we? This is a marriage of convenience—a business deal. My mother would not approve."

She had said the wrong thing there; the sudden dangerous glint in his eyes told her that much.

"How is Elian this morning?" The question came at her right out of the blue. "He was sleeping so defenselessly…no, happily when I stopped by his room before leaving for work."

"You did?" she got out at last.

He dispensed with his tailored jacket, tossing it aside along with his tie. "You will invite your family to the wedding, Anzu. I would like to meet them as well as introduce Elian."

"Yes, of course." Anzu said contemptuously. "Shall I ring my relatives on my terms? Or shall I wait until you give the command?"

Seto laughed. "Why, you little witch! You're certainly in a foul mood."

"And just who do you think is responsible?" She left the living room pissed, hurt and horribly affected by his damning presence. His sexy smile too lethal for any woman's peace of mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice feedback is appreciated, of course. :)