I Don't Blame You for Being You

I Don't Blame You For Being You

It's quite funny how Ryan and Brendon met. You would say it was cliché, but it's different when you're the one living it.

* * *

Ryan Ross was brought up by a father who only cared about himself and his image. After all, vampire hunters are supposed to be feared and respected. They don't need snot nosed children ruining that for them. Not that Ryan was a snot nosed child. He was rather neat actually. He was not a normal child who did normal childish things. He learned quickly that the slightest step in the wrong direction would get him a painful shove in the right one. No, Ryan was not brought up by conventional means, nor by any that were pleasant. He did all he could to get his father's approval. Which, by default, made him one the best vampire hunters around.

However, this was a few years ago. The day that you are reading about happens to be a few years after Ryan's success. After Ryan killed more vamps than he could count, he realized that his father would never truly love him. He would only love the fame Ryan brought him in the underground world. So Ryan left. He left his father. He left his whole past behind. He refuses to do anymore kills. (Though if he did see a bloodsucker sucking... Um... Blood... He would do something about that.)

Ryan is now 21 years old. He lives in a small apartment in the corner of a small city. He doesn't have to work seeing as he made enough money from his previous occupation to uphold his peaceful lifestyle for years to come. Ryan was happy. He felt normal for the first time in his life.

And this was all about to change.

* * *

Enter Brendon Urie. An abnormal vampire who really wasn't normal even when he was human. He had basically lived a liquid diet as a human (consisting mostly of red bull) and stayed up all night because of it, sleeping during the day. He was already good at seduction, so no change there. ( I mean, really... Have you SEEN those lips and that ASS??? Ok back to the story.) He is a bit hyper for his own good, but his friends find this quite endearing. And maybe he's a bit clumsy for a vampire, but gracefulness is overrated anyway. At least, that's what he tells himself to feel better. He looks as young as he acts. And by this, I mean he acts like a normal 18 year old. And really, he's not much older than that. He was turned a little before his 18th birthday, and has only been a vampire for about 4 years. Anyway, enough with the mini biography and back to our story...

It just so happens that the day Brendon decides to go to a club that any vamp who's any vamp is talking about, he finds out that love at first sight really does exist. Because when Brendon walks through those doors and lays his eyes on the man with warm honey eyes filled with secrets, he falls hard. Literally, as well as the figurative sense. He trips over his own feet and falls flat on his face. Snickers can be heard around the club; because of course everyone happens to see this display of Brendon's signature accident prone shows. And by everyone, this must include the man Brendon is already pining for. Who is, by the way, hiding his smirk very well. So of course Brendon is embarrassed, but this does not stop him from making his way over to the captivating human who is for some strange reason sitting alone. What DOES stop him however, is the glare in the man's eyes. The silent warning saying that if Brendon came any closer, a tragedy and sin would most certainly occur.

So Brendon stays away from Ryan the rest of the night. Because of course that's who it was. And Ryan notices how Brendon can't take his eyes off of him the whole night. And Ryan even doubts himself for a second that Brendon is a bloodsucker. The kid surely doesn't act like one. Aren't vampires supposed to be brooding and all dark? The kid has a purple and... Is that pink???.... hoodie on for crying out loud. But Ryan isn't noticing how Brendon's lips move as he talks, or how his hips shake as he dances. Even though if he WAS noticing those certain details, he would think that those lips were absolutely delectable, and that those hips were simply amazing. But he's not noticing that. Nope, not at all.

When Ryan sees that the vampire who may not be one has left the club, he waits 20 minutes before leaving himself. This is to ensure that maybe the boy won't be waiting for him outside. But of course, if he were a vampire, he would have no problem with waiting, would he? But the boyish vamp isn't waiting for him, to Ryan's relief. And he's not disappointed at all. Nope, not at all.

Ryan walks to his apartment in a sluggish fashion. No need to rush, even though it's late night, close to early morning. Ryan is very much capable of taking care of himself, thank you very much. He was close to making it home without incident ( it wouldn't be much of a story without incident, now would it?) when sounds of a fight make it to his sensitive ears. He really thinks that he should ignore it, but curiosity is so much more satisfying when you give in to it. So Ryan, being the good citizen that he is, makes his way over to the abandoned street of which the noises originate. And, to be honest, he is not in the slightest, surprised to see the vampire that has been eyeing him the whole night. What DOES surprise him, is that this bloodsucker is taking a beating from another...

Let's go back in time for a bit, shall we?

* * *

20 Minutes Earlier

"Pete? What are you doing here alone? I thought you were staying the night at Patrick's?" Brendon should have been a bit concerned for his welfare when Pete just growls in response to him. But, oh, the naivety of his gentle mind.

"He hates me... He hates me... He hates me..." Pete is whispering this to himself over and over, not even fully knowing his surroundings. And Brendon somehow knows that Patrick has had enough of Pete's disappearing acts and told Pete just as much.

"Hey, man, it's going to be okay. It's not like it's the first time you guys argued or anyth..."

"SHUT UP BRENDON!!!!!!!! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M NOT IN THE FUCKING MOOD??"

"Well... Ok then... I'll just be going now." At this, Brendon starts backing slowly away, as if Pete was a rabid dog about to attack at any sudden movement.

Pete looks at Brendon moving away with sudden interest in his eyes. His looks are thoughtful, as if he's entertaining an idea. His smile says that the idea is also entertaining him.

In a blink of an eye, Pete is tackling Brendon to the ground, throwing punches at any visual body parts. The other is shocked at the sudden turn of events and at first does little to protect himself. And by the time he realizes that he should fight back, he can't feel his arms or his face really. Sure, vampires can't bruise, but pain is NOT out of the question. And Brendon feels as if pain is all he has ever known. Never had another thrown such anger and malice at him with such physical blows. And Pete is just there, laughing hysterically, taking pleasure in channeling his emotional pain to Brendon's physical. No remorse can be seen in his eyes. Nor much sanity...

This is the part where Ryan comes to save the day!

As Ryan takes in the scene in front of him, he sees that no sense can be talked into the violent vampire. So an intervention is the course of action to take. For some reason, Ryan can't stand watching the sucker with chocolate brown eyes defenseless and beaten. It makes his heart throb in an eye blurring way. Something must be done.

So Ryan strides over to the oblivious duo, and drags the top vamp off of the now unconscious one with ease. Ryan may have stopped hunting, but he is in no way, out of practice. He throws Pete to the side like a rag doll, sparing a glance at Brendon's rather pitiful form. He than proceeds to take a spare stake out of his inside pocket and begins circling Pete, looking for an opening.

Then, suddenly, Pete just looks like he gives up. He gives Ryan a look that says "hurry up and get it over with".

So that’s exactly what Ryan does.

When Brendon comes to, he's welcomed by the sight of Ryan viciously shoving a piece of wood through Pete. (And I just realized how perverted that sounded... But I'm just negative like that! XD). As Pete is decaying rapidly on the ground, Ryan turns to him and says, "By the way, I noticed you in the club... My name's Ryan... See you around." And than he just leaves.

What follows is the usual cat and mouse chase, so I won't bore you with the details. I won't tell you how Brendon follows Ryan home. Or how after a couple of minutes, Ryan invites Brendon inside. I won't tell you how Ryan found out what sex with a vampire is like that same night. He DID NOT wake up to an empty bed. And he DID NOT go looking for Brendon. I also won't tell you how Ryan found Brendon days later at the same club looking scared and alone. I refuse to say that Brendon was scared of hurting Ryan, but Ryan quickly put that out of his mind.

........ And that was how Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie met!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the story. I'm also thinking about writing a story elaborating on Pete and Patrick's relaionship, but I'm not sure yet.

What do you guys think?

Comment please! XD