Status: newest story; what do you think?

When Grass Began

Disgust

Finally, the wind tipped me over. I had lost all balance and all sense of consciousness. Basically, I was lost. Where was I?

I was slipping out of reality, the world weaving in and out of my sight. Other worlds began to intrude my vision, and I couldn't make it stop. I was seeing things a human should never have to see: Death at its worst cause. People being pinned to walls by their eyeballs, blood dripping from everywhere you looked. Intestines were falling out of bodies, some even suffocating their occupant by having their throats stuffed with the gut.

No, I didn't want to see this horror. I didn't want Melrose to make me, or anyone else do this to someone. I was at the point of breaking and throwing up. I couldn't-- wouldn't do this. No, I would not.

Screaming in agony, I fell through the worlds and the rocks below. This world was invading my body, every piece of the earth stuffing my heart and lungs. Grass, rocks, seeds, everything was in there. I tried breathing but nothing worked.

"God, please help me. Someone help me," I managed to croak.

And out of nowhere the sky fell on top of me, bringing me down to the lowest level of the depression. Where was I in the midst of the heat and sky? Nowhere. I was nowhere to be found.

...Not anymore.