Cheating

Cheating 2.

~2:36 Pm.~

“Tell me what happened.” Becca walked over to her friend and handed her a large cup of hot coco. She plopped down on the pale blue couch next to Aimee.

“You know that party he went to?” Aimee said softly. Becca nodded. “Well I guess he got drunk and ended up having drunken sex with Ashley Colfier.”

“What an ass.” Becca suddenly snapped. Aimee silently stared down into her coco. “You should dump him. Seriously, he shouldn’t have done that.”

“But I can’t…” Aimee said softly.

“Why?”

“Because…because I love him…” she answered.

~Tuesday, December 7th
12:34 Am.~

Aimee silently lay in her warm, cozy bed. The dark room surrounding her was still. No noise came from upstairs; everyone was sleeping. Everything was still.

“Do you really love him?” Becca asked.

Yes.” Aimee answered softly.

“Then say with him.” Becca said. Aimee lifted her head.

“But you said-“

“I know.” Becca cut her off. “But honestly, people make mistakes. And if you really love him then it will be harder to let go.” She explained. “I’ve seen you two together. You’re perfect for each other.” She smiled slightly, tilting her head towards Aimee. “But just give it some time. Take some time to think about it. Love is a choice. You need to decide what is best for you.”

Aimee silently squeezed the white teddy bear beside her head.

“I don’t know what’s best for me…” she mumbled.

~10:17 Am.~

“Aimee?” Caleb stepped up behind Aimee’s seat. She glanced up at him from her computer. “Can we talk?”

She stared up at him silently; her eyes were red and puffy; she softly sniffled.
Caleb could tell she had been crying.

“Please?” he asked.

“I…I don’t know what to say.” Aimee said softly.

“Just say something.” Caleb knelt down beside her. “I’m so sorry. I really am.”

“Can you…just go away?” Aimee turned back to her computer. Caleb’s eyes widened.

“Aimee?” he softly touched her shoulder.

“Please.” She snapped. “Go away.”

Caleb slowly stood up and walked off to his seat. Aimee silently stared at the screen, tears filling her eyes. She softly closed her eyes; tears dripped down her cheeks.

~1:17 Pm.~

Caleb trudged down the crowded hallway, avoiding everyone’s gaze. His feet softly scraped against the ground. His gaze slowly lifted to the front of him, he noticed Aimee walking by.

“Hey,” he slowly raised his hand and waved at her. She glanced at him; her heart jumped. But she didn’t say anything. She continued on by him silently. He glanced back at her and frowned.

“Caleb?” A voice called. Caleb turned to see Ashley Colfier standing in front of him. She smiled widely and walked over to him. Her walk was more of a dance it seemed like. The way she swung her hips, the way she moved her hands. All of it was a trick. Just to attract men.

“Oh, hey Ashley.” Caleb said monotonously.

“What’s that look for?” she laughed. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“Not really.” Caleb said bluntly.

Ashley’s smile quickly faded. “Why?” she asked.

“Oh, like you don’t know.” Caleb snapped. Ashley stared up at him; a sudden smirk came across her face.

“She dumped you didn’t she?” She asked.

Caleb stared at her angrily. His heart pounded; a soft pain shot through his chest down to the pit of his stomach. His eyes slowly softened.
Ashley was right. Aimee had left him. And there was nothing he could do to fix it. To make her see how much he was sorry.

“Just stay away from me.” Caleb snapped, pushing his way passed her.

~Wednesday, December 8th
11:37 Am.~

“It’s been three days.” Caleb sighed, leaning on the lunch table. “She refuses to talk to me. Every time I try she just runs away.”

“What did you expect?” Alex asked. “You cheated on her. You really hurt her. She’s not just going to accept it and be fine with it.”

Caleb stared at him silently, knowing that he was right.

“If you ask me, you deserve this.” Alex continued. Caleb’s eyes widened.

“Well no one asked you.” He snapped loudly. Alex stared at him. “You know what, if you think you can do a better job then you take her! You love her enough!” Caleb’s stood up and walked off angrily.

Alex looked over at the others at his lunch table silently.

~12:23 Pm.~

“Sorry.” Alex took a step back; he looked down to see whom he had just run into.
“Aimee?”

She stared up at him and smiled slightly. “Hi, sorry.”

“It’s fine.” Alex smiled at her. “How are you?”

“I’m okay.” Aimee said, her smile slowly faded. “How are you?”

“Good.” Alex said. Aimee quickly smiled at him.

“Well, see you then.” She walked off down the hall. Alex silently turned his head and watched her walk away.

Idiot.

Alex suddenly ran towards her and grabbed her arm. “Wait!” he said; Aimee stopped and looked back at him. He stared at her; his cheeks blushing softly. “You deserve so much better than Caleb. And I know I’m not the best guy…but I would never do anything like that to you. I would always be true to you.”

“You…what?” Aimee asked softly.

“I like you.” Alex said. “I’ve liked you for a really long time. Since Caleb introduced you to me.”

Aimee stared at him with wide-eyes; her heart pounding hard in her chest. “I…” she mumbled. Alex slowly leaned down towards her face. Aimee suddenly shot back; Alex stared at her. “I’m sorry…!” she said softly. “I just…I don’t…”

“It’s alright.” Alex smiled slightly. “I’m not going to force you to like me.”

Aimee quickly wiped her eyes. “I have to go to class.” She mumbled.

“See you later then.” Alex waved. Aimee slowly walked off to her class. Alex’s gaze lowered to the ground; he fell back against the wall and sighed. “Damnit…” he mumbled.

~Thursday, December 9th.
7:12 Am.~

Alex silently walked down the hall, his thoughts pouring through his head.

She’s so in love with him…And he’s my friend. I should be on his side right? No. He cheated on her. He betrayed her.
But still…he’s my best friend. And he’s hurting so much.

Aimee suddenly walked passed him; he froze and watched her walk by. He quickly whirled around.

“Aimee!” He called; Aimee stopped and turned to face him. “I hate what Caleb did to you, but as his friend…I can’t bare to see him like this.” He continued. Aimee stared at him silently.

“Just…just trust your heart. Love is a choice. Only you can choose.”
Aimee silently watched him run off.

~9:42 Am.~

“Pull out the French please.” Mr. O’Connell said to the chorus. “And…get into mixed formation.”

The students excitedly ran around the room to find their new seats.

Aimee slowed down as she approached her seat. Caleb silently stared up at her from the seat next to hers. She slowly dropped her bag onto the floor and turned towards the teacher.

~9:46 Am.~

“Let me feel that emotion!” Mr. O’Connell sang as the chorus sang their piece. “That strong, sad emotion! The feeling of just loosing the one you love.”

Caleb glanced down at Aimee, who was staring straight ahead. He sighed and turned back to Mr. O’Connell.

“Show me how sad you are!” Mr. O’Connell said. “Give me that emotion!”

Aimee’s eyes slowly filled with tears as she sang the French love song. Becca glanced at her.

“Aimee?” she whispered. Aimee glanced at her. “Are you okay?”

Aimee slowly shook her head, tears falling from her eyes.

Caleb glanced down at her.

Aimee could feel him looking at her; her heart was beating fast; her throat was choked with tears. No more. She couldn’t handle it anymore. She quickly darted out of the room and into the chorus hallway.

Everyone grew silent.

“Becca, will you go?” Mr. O’Connell asked.

“I think Caleb should go.” Becca said seriously.

Caleb froze.

“Go.” Becca snapped.

“I doubt she wants to talk to me.” Caleb mumbled.

“Doesn’t matter.” Becca said. “She needs you right now. No one else.”

Caleb looked around at the other students, who were watching silently. He slowly stepped towards the door.

“Aimee?” Caleb asked, opening the door. Aimee looked over at him from her seat on the floor and froze.

“Caleb?” she asked, tears pouring down her face.

“Please Aimee, just listen to me.” He slowly knelt down beside her. She stared at him silently. “I’m so sorry.” He said softly. “I feel completely awful for doing that to you. And I regret everything about that night. I regret going to that party, I regret drinking, I regret even looking at Ashley. I just wish I could take it all back like it never happened.” He paused. “And that fact that I can’t kills me!” he dropped his head in his hands for a moment. “The passed few days I’ve been feeling like shit. I haven’t slept well; I haven’t eaten well. I missed you so much. It wasn’t enough seeing you in the halls and in class.” He slowly lifted his head and stared at her. “I wanted to hold you, to kiss you. I just wanted to be with you. And I realize now that I need you Aimee.” He paused; a few tears fell from his eyes. “I love you…and I can’t loose you. Not now…not like this.” He slowly reached out and grabbed her hand. “So please…please take me back. I’m so sorry…”

Aimee stared up at him; the tears in her eyes slowly falling away down her cheeks.
She lightly squeezed his hand,
took a deep breath,
and nodded.

Caleb’s eyes widened; a small smile slowly crawled across his face. He softly wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly against his body.

“Thank you…” he whispered softly into her ear.

“It’s okay.” Aimee smiled; she gently wrapped her arms around him. “Because I love you.”

Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.
It is most certainly not an easy choice.
But sometimes,
The harder choice is the right one.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.
hope ya liked it =)